Frustrated with client......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosey

Reaction score
hello every one im just letting you know about a client of mine, i did a pedicure with a french polish on friday, the clients then rang up sat to complaijn saying that by friday night they were a mess. I only got in touch with her today as she gave me the wrong number and i was not in on the sat she rang. Anyway she says that basically she had smudged them but wouldn't admit it. I had to re - do 3 toes in the salon as she would not sit still dispit me telling her!! She said that i had ruined her weekend as she was going out. I couldnt believe it she complained that the water was cold which it wasn't and she never mentioned the water when was in the salon. Also said i said i would do gel on her toes and i never. I offered her a refund for the price of a file and polish as the rest of the pedicure was fine and she was not happy with that so when i offered her a full refund she didnt want that she wand like an 80% so i agreed. I was very proffessional dispite a loud lafy on the other end of the phone.
I am just so mad as it was clearly her fault and if i wat so blame i would of said. I have never had a problem like this before so couldn't believe why she was so hostile. Any way that is my rant what would you have done in this situation .... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol:evil:

No matter how long I'm in this business, it never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people will go to to get something free. Write her off, and don't give her a second thought. Crazy peeps scare me!:Scared:

you were good to keep your cool. i had one the other week. my client had asked to try acrylic as she had ,had silk before i explained the difference and that it was slightly thicker than silk, a few days later she rang saying she was not happy with them and could she have silk again as they were a mess when she arrived there was nothing and i mean nothing wrong with them so we took them off and she wanted her own nails wrapped so i asked would she like tips as her own were very short she said no just wrapped so i carried out the full works and only charged for the products to keep her sweet she then complains the next day to the salon owner that i never applied tips ???????even tho she said no arghgh makes me mad, turns out she does the same to the hair dressers too lol at em

awwww moosey keep your chin up hun. We are always going to get the cheeky and down right rude ones trying to pull a fast one to get a freebie! In future tell her to wear flip flops to and from the salon until her toes are dry and stress that we wouldnt want a repeat of what happened last time now would we? Now that winter is coming, she suffer from cold feet anytime she wants you to do her feet as forfeit for being so rude to you before! Try not to let it get to you hunny your worth more than that! x x x x x

THANKS GUYS i will not do any more treatments on that client as she was so rude and there waas no need ... she just gave me a headake :(

I would never offer a refund (unless allergy or something serious)......

I do offer to put right smudges and little things that they are not happy with but i would never refund as I feel that this would open the flood gates for all & make me the one at fault...

Dont fret over her, there is always one !

Please dont all jump on me, its just a personal opinion....

THANKS GUYS i will not do any more treatments on that client as she was so rude and there waas no need ... she just gave me a headake :(

Well done moosey, good for you for making the choice of not doing this client's nails again, it must be quite daunting when clients behave like this. Don't worry, we are all here to help and support you to the max :biggrin::hug:

I would never offer a refund (unless allergy or something serious)......

I do offer to put right smudges and little things that they are not happy with but i would never refund as I feel that this would open the flood gates for all & make me the one at fault...

Dont fret over her, there is always one !

Please dont all jump on me, its just a personal opinion....
i did offer to put it right and she refused..... bye bye to her now though thanks every one feel bit better now :) xxxxx

How bloody cheeky!!!!
If that was me id just pay for a re-polish. You did well to keep your cool!
And if she thinks her weekend was ruined by a bit of smudged polish then sorry but she must have one sad life lol
xxx

speaking as a client that has regular pedicures.....I have smudged nail varnish after a pedi and i just put up with it, it was MY FAULT!

I mentioned this to the therapist last time I had a pedi and she told me off for not coming back for a touch up, but quite frankly, everyone knows that nail varnish takes ages for it to be completely dry, so you take your chances.

Hi Having read this I congratulate you on keeping a professional manner, however what I do is write on my treatment card everything including that I have given them an aftercare leaflet and get them to initial it as well. This stops clients saying that they wanted something else after the event when they did not and that they were happy with the service at the given time. No one would leave the salon with smudged nail polish or poor enhancements would they?

Essentia thats a great idea, it also give clients the opportunity to say if they feel that something isnt quite right or that they arent happy.

Sometimes people may not feel that they want to say anything, I think I may use that one.

I would ask them to sign the client card to say they are happy with the service and result.....I would give you a good answer if they came back to complain about polish etc

Moosey, I know you offered to put it right, I wasnt reffering to you not offering to put right, I just wouldnt offer a refund incase it opens the flood gates and people take advantage x You did exactly the right thing, you dont need that sort of client but we do get them lol

i had a client in for acrylic removal that she had done at another salon and replaced with french gel with tips, i did them, even did some nail art for her and she said she was really pleased, that was on the wed on the fri she phoned me to say a couple had 'fallen off' so she had had to pull the rest off ??? i was gutted to have a complaint like this especially in a new salon, anyhoooo when i spoke to one of the hairdressers she said that the client had been in to have her hair done on the sat and her nails were all intact BUT the lady had coloured her hair and stained them all !!! she was after a FREEBEE. she didnt get one, just the other day she spoke to the salon manager about her hair saying that one side was longer than the other, this was after 4 WEEKS !!! some people will ALWAYS be after something for nothing :mad:

LOL Lilly .... I think some of these people complain for a living....

Would be quite an interesting job I think, just seeing how much you could get for free lol

Smudges are the client's responsibility ... you should never have refunded.

You did your job and once they leave your desk with their nails complete, anything that happens to them is down to the client.

I would have said, "Don't be silly! If you had your car resprayed and then on leaving the garage you scraped it again would the garage say, "Just come back and we'll repair the damage you did for nothing." ?? Rediculous.

i agree geeg but there was no telling her she was ringing the salon im at all the time.... just wanted rid she came intoday all nicey nicey for her money and i politly gave it her. The salon owner said that the way in which she spoke to her was out of order and she then had the cheek to say that she would like her hair done one day so she is banned from the salon i think lol very rude and very very obnoxious just glad she has gone. I was thinking to my self though that if it was as bad as she said why did she not come back sat or ring say she left it till mid following week so deffinatly a FREEBEE seaker:( never mind thaks everyone xxxx:hug:

Never give freebies.....offer your clients disposable flipflops...and make sure they wear them!
You live and learn hun eh?:hug:
You can get them from Majestic I think.

Never give freebies.....offer your clients disposable flipflops...and make sure they wear them!
You live and learn hun eh?:hug:
You can get them from Majestic I think.

I always offer disposable flip flops.

Have to say when its -5 outside I shudder though:green:

And add this to your consultation form too so you are covered....am I ranting?:)

Latest posts

Back