Frustrating Clients!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
I have got to get this off my chest to people who understand...

I had this client last Friday and she had a set of l&p with white tips. Anyway, while I was doing this girls nails, she started telling me that she has been doing nails for a while. She said that she does all of her friends and families nails, so I asked where she had trained. Anyway she said that her auntie is a nail tech so she bought her a load of nsi stuff and a book and has then been showing her what to do when she was stuck.

I explained the benefits of being properly trained and getting adequate insurance.

She rang back today to say that her nails have all lifted and that the stuff I used was rubbish (I use NSI attraction, not exactky rubbish!) This girl works as a hairdresser so I explained that if she had chosen to ignore any of the aftercare information I gave her both verbally and in leaflet form then her nails were not going to last. I said if she had been putting her hands in water to wash clients hair without wearing gloves then that can cause her nails to lift. I also said if she had been picking or biting them then they would not last. I offered for her to come down and have the lifting buffed. She said that she wants a new set. I very kindly said that I would be happy to remove her enhancements and give her a new set and told her that it would be £30. She then said she wanted them for free, when I refused, she flipped. She told me that the nails she does for her friends are much better than mine and said that if my nails were an example of a trained persons nails then she won't be getting trained anytime soon.

Oooh, I am so mad. I have loads of clients who have acrylics in my salon and they don't have any problems. It just winds me up something cronic when people who haven't been trained in nails come and start telling you that you are rubbish and they are great.

Grrrrr........

Hmm she sounds very rude! Some people in this world do not have any morals and think that its ok to do nails even though they are not trained when its not. Dont feel bad on yourself she is either not telling the truth and trying to make you feel bad or its her fault xx:hug:

Her behaviour is just not on hun! You handled it well by the sound of things and I too am so fed up of clients expecting me to be responsible for their nails once they have been done! GRRRRRRR!:irked:

Stick to your guns hunny and keep your chin up..... rude girl!

They just think they can have nails on and not even bother caring for them.... :mad:

I know - i have had a rubbish 2-3 weeks with the same situation (but not anyone as aggressive) then i get a fab client come to me after 5 weeks with only 3 missing and none of the others lifted (she missed an infill appt) and is fine - yet some other b***ers cant keep em on for 2 weeks! aaahhhhhhhhh!

I have got to get this off my chest to people who understand...

I had this client last Friday and she had a set of l&p with white tips. Anyway, while I was doing this girls nails, she started telling me that she has been doing nails for a while. She said that she does all of her friends and families nails, so I asked where she had trained. Anyway she said that her auntie is a nail tech so she bought her a load of nsi stuff and a book and has then been showing her what to do when she was stuck.

I explained the benefits of being properly trained and getting adequate insurance.

She rang back today to say that her nails have all lifted and that the stuff I used was rubbish (I use NSI attraction, not exactky rubbish!) This girl works as a hairdresser so I explained that if she had chosen to ignore any of the aftercare information I gave her both verbally and in leaflet form then her nails were not going to last. I said if she had been putting her hands in water to wash clients hair without wearing gloves then that can cause her nails to lift. I also said if she had been picking or biting them then they would not last. I offered for her to come down and have the lifting buffed. She said that she wants a new set. I very kindly said that I would be happy to remove her enhancements and give her a new set and told her that it would be £30. She then said she wanted them for free, when I refused, she flipped. She told me that the nails she does for her friends are much better than mine and said that if my nails were an example of a trained persons nails then she won't be getting trained anytime soon.

Oooh, I am so mad. I have loads of clients who have acrylics in my salon and they don't have any problems. It just winds me up something cronic when people who haven't been trained in nails come and start telling you that you are rubbish and they are great.

Grrrrr........

What i cant get is if her auntie is a nail tech ...trained and all....why did she come to you??....also if her nails are THAT good....then why not do them herself.....:rolleyes:....some people.......i get lost for words sometimes.

That is exactly what my mum said!!

In all honesty I have to say that washing hair and having hands in water shouldn't cause lifting. I think it might have been a good idea to have asked her to come back so you could look at her nails before discussing what could and could not be done. Buffing the lifting wouldn't really have achieved much.

Oh dear! Dont worry about her! theres always one!

In all honesty I have to say that washing hair and having hands in water shouldn't cause lifting. I think it might have been a good idea to have asked her to come back so you could look at her nails before discussing what could and could not be done. Buffing the lifting wouldn't really have achieved much.

It's funny, because when I did my training, we were told to advise clients not to submerge hands in water until 12 hours after treatment because it will make the nails lift. I trained with Magnetic.

I have gone on my own opinion with this, I have clients in and out every day just like all mail technicians. I used to blame myself when clients nails lifted, but now, I know that if you have say 10 clients and 1 person gets lifting and the others don't, then it probably isn't something i am doing wrong.

I asked the client to come in, however, I won't tolerate people being rude to me. I think sometimes, we are expected to be shock absorbers for the general public and they think they can speak to us how they want. If the client had been pleasant, perhaps one would feel more inclined to help.

Just my opinion on that matter.

x

Lifting usually means that the product wasn't properly adhered in the first place...and once it has lifted it does need to be fully removed...buffing it will just make it worse.

I agree there are things that clients can do to help break the adhesion between nail and product but without looking the nails first it would be hard to tell what had happened.

We cant always just presume that its down to the clients.

Of course you shouldn't tolerate rudeness, no-one should, I was just pointing out a few facts about lifting.

Last edited:
Chancer springs to mind!

Fingers crossed I seem to have been quite lucky, most of my clients nails have lasted 4-5 weeks using ibd soak off, the one who is a hairdresser lasted 4 weeks and her hands were constantly immersed in water and hair dyes etc. Yet another client, EVERYTHING I do goes wrong on her and her nails only last days no matter what I do. Got over getting stressed about it now but it bothered me greatly. Looking forward to doing my first set of gel toes as I have just had my first enquiry for them.:)

I'm having ablonde day, what does that mean?

:lol:

CHANCER - THE GIRL WAS TAKING A CHANCE - PUSHING HER LUCK. TRYING TO GET A SET FOR FREE BY PLAYING YOU. Sounds like it to me.
Oops, not supposed to be all caps.

I totally agree Angie... washing hair etc shouldn't cause lifting at all and if it does then I would be unhappy with the product I used!

I am reading all the responses and once again, I have to say... it all sounds very non-professional... no solutions given, just 'don't worry hun' scenarios. I appreciate that we need to be supportive but what about finding solutions and wanting to be the most professional possible? This girl may be a trouble maker, but you NEVER say 'you may get lifting if you put your hands in water' because what is the first thing she'll do... say she got lifting and you owe her a new set. You almost started this by telling her that. You weren't to know but it is a lesson learnt... or not... depending on how you approach the next situation! :idea:

Thats so true Samantha ... never give clients ammunition they can use to throw at you...:lol:

I previously had problems with lifting after using IBD with bonder. IBD told me to stop using the bonder and i have had no problems since (apart from 1). The 1 I have problems with lifting is also a hair dresser and it takes a life time to infill them if she leaves them over 2 weeks!!! My other clients go 3 or even 4 without any probs.

I wouldnt worry, she sounds far to big for her boots x

I asked the client to come in, however, I won't tolerate people being rude to me. I think sometimes, we are expected to be shock absorbers for the general public and they think they can speak to us how they want. If the client had been pleasant, perhaps one would feel more inclined to help.

Just my opinion on that matter.

x

I think it is a general trend these days to be aggressive and rude as people think that is the only way anyone will listen to you!!

If you think clients are rude and aggressive and you won't tolerate it, you should hear some of the nail technicians on the order phones!

Do as you would be done by I say and speak to people the way you would like to be spoken to yourself.

I agree with Samantha that the answers to posts like this would serve a far better purpose if they helped you to find solutions. What good does the attitude "you don't need clients like this" do for You or your client?

The fact is we do need clients like this and all the clients we can get. So it is far better to learn to turn situations around to your advantage than to sack a client.

Learning to deal with the public can be just as difficult as learning the skills to be a nail technician, but hey.......as far as I'm concerned they walk hand in hand.

There have been many times in the past that I have been spoken to in a rude way, where my first instincts have been, "I haven't come to work to be insulted!".
However, what I have found, is that when someone is rude to you, over riding their rudeness with your concern for them and 100% attention, tends to make them feel a little silly about their behavior. Building up that repertoire with the client, 9/10 ends in an apology from themselves to you.

Chuck a bit of charm their way , they love it.

Or may be it's because I'm so damn cute I get away with it!!
LOL (just kidding!)

No really, all I'm saying is that aggressiveness multiplies when addressed with aggressiveness.

Oh I'll shut up now I'm rambling.
Anyone get what I'm talking about here?:)

Latest posts

Back