Geeg doing a DVD? All those in favour, say aye!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely, 100%, definately, most positively aye (that's a gosh yes please GiGi!!!!)

YES!!!!! Would love to see that so AYE:!:

Ooooooooooooooooooh I like the sound of THAT!! :green:

See Gigi? I told you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES ago that people wanted YOUR DVD! They want a piece of you in their living room, telling them how to do stuff. I remember you telling me that you didn't want to do something done already.
Well, it's not done already if it's not the Queen of Nails herself doing it imho :wink2: (I'm sure others will agree)

And I'm pretty darned sure that you could find something to add that sets it apart from others (aside from your charm which is unique and all "Geeg").

:hug:

Yep...totally agree!!! :green:

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!

AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE .......... Count me in on this vote please.

Claire

I say aye too!

I'm assuming that because Geeg hasn't commented so far, she is possibly giving it some thought!!?........let's hope so anyway!! lol :lol:

My second yyeeeeessssss please. lol

Forgive the late response. I have been away again as eell as pondering.

Well guys, lol, I'm hugely flattered really, but I'm not sure what I could bring to the table that isn't already on the gorgeous CND DVD's.?? Not sure why I need to 're-invent the wheel' so to speak.

You tell me why you think I really need to do this and I'll think about it :green:

This may not go down too well, but what I'd really like to see on a cnd dvd is a visual 'blow by blow' account from start to finish. At the moment, the dvds tend to be more like edited highlights on what amounts to damn near perfect nails. A lot of us aren't near perfect techs nor working on near perfect talons! :irked:

For instance, it makes the dreaded rebalance look like a much quicker job than it actually is and overall, with the demos, only tends to be little clips on the dvds. No sooner has 'The finger' presented itself for filing down for rebalancing than said finger it done! I feel like I'm watching a 'Censored' version of what's going on, when I would love to see the whole story.

If you compare them to Denise Wright, for instance, demonstrating nsi on the nailangel site you may get my drift. She provides a clear demonstration from start to finish of her process in a variety of situations. Frustratingly, for me at least, cnd tends to be snippets.

That's my feeling, anyway, and why I would love a cnd educational dvd that actually sees the practical aspects of the job through in unexpurgated form. Also, it is one thing to 'Read' Nailclass, but it would be marvellous to actually 'See' the advice!

Please consider it!! :):hug:

This may not go down too well, but what I'd really like to see on a cnd dvd is a visual 'blow by blow' account from start to finish. At the moment, the dvds tend to be more like edited highlights on what amounts to damn near perfect nails. A lot of us aren't near perfect techs nor working on near perfect talons! :irked:

For instance, it makes the dreaded rebalance look like a much quicker job than it actually is and overall, with the demos, only tends to be little clips on the dvds. No sooner has 'The finger' presented itself for filing down for rebalancing than said finger it done! I feel like I'm watching a 'Censored' version of what's going on, when I would love to see the whole story.

If you compare them to Denise Wright, for instance, demonstrating nsi on the nailangel site you may get my drift. She provides a clear demonstration from start to finish of her process in a variety of situations. Frustratingly, for me at least, cnd tends to be snippets.

That's my feeling, anyway, and why I would love a cnd educational dvd that actually sees the practical aspects of the job through in unexpurgated form. Also, it is one thing to 'Read' Nailclass, but it would be marvellous to actually 'See' the advice!

Please consider it!! :):hug:

Thanks for the input. Do you really think anyone would watch a DVD that was as long as full service and that covered every nail in the rebalance?

I do agree that doing some real life nails would be great. Has Carl. Not covered most of these things in his dvd's?

As far as my book goes, the technician should be able to visualise through my words. I have always thought that if a nail tech cannot do that, neither can she visualise the nails she is going to create for her client. My biggest challenge in writing was to get you to 'see' it through the written words and to sit down and work with the book. Not as easy as sitting and watching but much more effective IMO.

Ooooh, this makes me feel such a 'Griper,' when all I want to see is a rebalance that amounts to more than a few effortless 'Swipes' of the file!'

The book is great, but most learning of a practical skill is helped immensely by being able to see practical demonstrations, too. From the book, I have tried to grip the file like a handshake, but when I get to the nail I don't 'Get it' and revert to whatever. It would be a terrific consolidation excercise for some of us. :hug:

The current dvds are, to me, tantalising titbits. It's just that some of us obviously want the whole 9 yards. A few nails from start to finish isn't asking the earth and you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be quite a few fellow 'Saddos' who'd sit glued to an unexpergated performance! :green:

OK Deena ... I hear ya!!! :hug:

I sort of agree with Deena, apart from a little extra piece.

The new vids for the CND Manicures and Pedicures and Shellac are bright and I think they have alot of information in them compared to previous ones. They are more "modern" I suppose and up to date.

It would be really nice to have the gel and l&p ones brought up to date being a bit brighter. Maybe even showing the whole desk at some point to see how a set up is supposed to be.

Maybe instead of a full dvd on teaching one system you could do one on nitbits like problem rebalances, how to keep your desk tidy through a working day inbetween clients. It might just be me but in a beginners eye those were the things that i didn't know about when I entered this world. It would be nice to see "Gigi's Top Nail Tips" on some of these subjects xx

I would like to see things like a nail beaten to hell and back, with an insane amount of nail lift get rebalanced - start to finished (without soaking).
Or about about some of the more rare issues of oddly shaped nail plates, parrot beaks and etc get reconstructed?
etc etc (half asleep, can't remember right now, half the things I wanted to see)

No tricky editing and flash forwarding, but the real deal in real time.

Geeg, it's not just about what's been done or not. People want to see YOU doing it, and hear YOUR way of explaining things. See YOUR hands in action in the way that YOU describe.

Think of it like this:
You can go see either A) the original classic of the movie or B) the 'remake' or 'sequel'.
In most cases, the remake/sequel usually sucks in comparison and doesn't meet expectations. It may still be good (standing on it's own) BUT....it just is NOT the 'original'.
This is not a reflection on the actors in the remake/sequel. It's just how it is.

We WANT A) THE ORIGINAL.
And nothing else will suffice.

I would like to see things like a nail beaten to hell and back, with an insane amount of nail lift get rebalanced - start to finished (without soaking).
Or about about some of the more rare issues of oddly shaped nail plates, parrot beaks and etc get reconstructed?
etc etc (half asleep, can't remember right now, half the things I wanted to see)

No tricky editing and flash forwarding, but the real deal in real time.

Geeg, it's not just about what's been done or not. People want to see YOU doing it, and hear YOUR way of explaining things. See YOUR hands in action in the way that YOU describe.

Think of it like this:
You can go see either A) the original classic of the movie or B) the 'remake' or 'sequel'.
In most cases, the remake/sequel usually sucks in comparison and doesn't meet expectations. It may still be good (standing on it's own) BUT....it just is NOT the 'original'.
This is not a reflection on the actors in the remake/sequel. It's just how it is.

We WANT A) THE ORIGINAL.
And nothing else will suffice.

Exactly!!! We want difficult nails, broken/lifting trashed talons ... hooks, beaks, fans and all in glorious real time, with no editing. Please!! :hug:

We don't want 'The nail' trundled out yet again. It IS a gorgeous digit, but it's just that we don't get to meet any of 'em!! Please put it into a well earned retirement, pension it off and let us see the nails from hell ... it's what we know best. :lol:

PS we also want cannibalised nails .... really gruesome ones, please!!

Last edited:
Well hon, just to add my 2 bobs worth lol. As I think has been said the DVDs out there, usually deal with nice pretty nails, we want trashed nails, because I know what YOU can do with trashed nails:lol::hug:. The other thing that this DVD would have that no other DVD has is, YOU! Your way of explaining things and getting the point across, so that the light bulb goes on. I have yet to meet anybody that can inspire confidence and self belief like you can. Please do it for us, you would be doing the nail world a real favour:hug:

I agree with Deena....I am very much a visual learner and have a hard time reading something and putting that into a visual image in my mind. In my own words maybe Geeg showing us a few nails from start to finish not an entire set. And possible a little more detailed discriptions of why and how you perform the service this way as you are doind the nail. Just a thought! :)

Latest posts

Back