Gel top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Do any of you use gel top coat and if so which one is best looking at using it on acrylics and natural. I use air sheild at the moment but some customers are saying it is yellowing. I also use super shinney so what would be the benifits of gel top coat? :confused:
Thanks!

I use CND Brisa UV Top Coat. A lot of my clients pay more to have this as their top coat over Super Shiney.

Do any of you use gel top coat and if so which one is best looking at using it on acrylics and natural. I use air sheild at the moment but some customers are saying it is yellowing. I also use super shinney so what would be the benifits of gel top coat? :confused:
Thanks!

Creative do a UV Top Coat, Air Dry (which is my Favourite) both protective and dries in seconds it seems, Super Shiney, and Brisa UV Finishing Gloss. NONE of them yellow and they all look very shiny and glossy.

I use NSI glaze n go seems pretty popular on here, and people always comment on the shiney ,instant dry finish.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the NSI Glaze and Go! I charge 5.00(US)extra for this. Stays shiney and saves my arm from buffing. Many gel top coats have a tacky residue that needs to be removed after curing, but not this one. I bought no less than 7 different brands and it is the best. It also helped me to make a little extra money as well(w/o going up on prices). NSI recently began selling this in a 4 ounce container for about 69.00(US).

please remind me , can glaze and go be applied over nail varnish?????????

I use a few too...

OPI Axxium Top Sealer for l&p on clients who have no problems, but can only be applied on product, gel, microwrap or l&p
OPI Microbond UV Seal, which can be applied on anything but has a tacky residue
OPI UV Cure (I think it's the correct name) for those who want to take thepolish off and apply another in between infills. no sticky layer after as it can be either drying on air either cured with the lamp

they never yellow nor look violet under a UV lamp (ie in disco)

I used the UV 30 Ezflow but it would make the nail look blue-ish, and get purple under a UV light and I hate that

Glaze N Go for me too, cant live without it, its made my job alot easier and saved my arms from endless buffing :green:

I use the Brisa Gel top coat over L&P. It gives such a lovely high gloss shine and makes me more money AND saves me all the buffing :)

please remind me , can glaze and go be applied over nail varnish?????????
i love glaze n go
i dont think you can use it over enamel though

Glaze N Go for my to Love Love Love it

so we gel top coat then paint ????????????????

Glaze n go for me at the moment, will be on it for some time, bought the new large one.
But I have to admit I have loved all the others I have tried. I like to keep trying new brands, variety is the spice ............. x
Lotsa luv x :hug:

thanks Geeg, you knew what i ment must be same wave lenghth. i ve just finished showing your popits to a new girl in our village . I also heard they are teaching how to use popits at selby college. WOW

I use a few too...

OPI Axxium Top Sealer for l&p on clients who have no problems, but can only be applied on product, gel, microwrap or l&p
OPI Microbond UV Seal, which can be applied on anything but has a tacky residue
OPI UV Cure (I think it's the correct name) for those who want to take thepolish off and apply another in between infills. no sticky layer after as it can be either drying on air either cured with the lamp

they never yellow nor look violet under a UV lamp (ie in disco)

I used the UV 30 Ezflow but it would make the nail look blue-ish, and get purple under a UV light and I hate that

How do you remove the tacky residue left by Microbond?

Gelish "Top It Off " stays shiny till they are removed.

I use CND Brisa UV Top Coat. A lot of my clients pay more to have this as their top coat over Super Shiney.

Same here, however i don't charge more since it saves ME time and money on buffers and my arms lol. So every client I have gets it.

Latest posts

Back