Gelbond or Speedbond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanessas11

Reaction score
Does anyone have any preference to which they prefer to use? Just wondered.:Grope:

I tend to use Gelbond for problem nails. The gel consistency helps fill in gaps where a tip might not fit as flush as I would like.

Speedbond for speed.:)

I prefer gelbond as well. I like its texture and I feel it easier to handle than runnier adhesives. And my choice the pink gelbond, with performance tips - tipping can´t get much easier than with these babies! :green:

Well I´m a "tipper" anyway (you know, tipping or sculpting - but that is only due to my poor sculpting skills which is something I´m working on)... And I can tell you, I´ve tried dozens of different adhesives and tips from dozens of different manufacturers, finally feel like I found what I was looking for. :Love:
Nope, they ain´t cheap, but boy are they pure pleasure to work with and the adhesive is very, very efficient!

For well-less tips, I use Speedbond, for tips with wells, I use Gelbond. HTH!

I use Gelbond all the time - I really love the pink one :)

I too love the pink gelbond!:)

I use gel bond x

Gel bond for problem or gap filling......Speedbond for all other tips....

For tipping I always use Gel Bond no matter what type of nail.

It is totally controllable and never a chance of bubbles or weak spots.

I thougt CND stopped selling speedbond beacuse of all the problems people were getting??? anyhoo I like the gel bond better :) only thing is I seem to have to put the lid on between each tip app coz it leeks out :irked: xx

Gel Bond for me (Pink):)
Leaking/oozing out? don't we just love that "not":rolleyes:
To correct gently squeeze tube with thumb and forefinger on the parallel sides without the writing - this tends to make it stop. Then keep using with tender loving care.

Also look at the nozzle and check that you do not have an air bubble.

I am interested to find out why oozing sometimes happens,

When you press the gelbond for the first time, you have to do it very gentle. I press till I can see the gelbond comming into the nozzle and then stop. That way it won't keep leaking, and ofcourse when I use it after that I press gently..
Oh and I store it standing with the nozzle in´the air, don't know if this matters, but I feel it keeps air from getting trapped so i wont have to push that hard.
I don't quite feel like I'm explaining myself properly, hope you understand...:irked:

Toothpaste you squeeze from the bottom of the tube .... GelBond you do NOT.

Squeeze gently from the middle of the tube. If it leaks out it is because you have built up too much pressure inside the tube.

Be gentle .. that is the only trick to it. Once you get it you don't have problems again.

For tipping I always use Gel Bond no matter what type of nail.

It is totally controllable and never a chance of bubbles or weak spots.

May i ask a question which may be a stupid one:lol: I use Gel Bond when i use velocity tips but can i use Gel Bond with well less tips?

May i ask a question which may be a stupid one:lol: I use Gel Bond when i use velocity tips but can i use Gel Bond with well less tips?

I use gel bond with well less tips all the time - I have never had a problem :lol:

I use gel bond with well less tips all the time - I have never had a problem :lol:

Thank you i may have been going mad as im sure i read some where you couldnt use it on well less tips:lol:

Gel bond instantly made tipping much easier I would never use anything else.

I use Gel bond as I am still learning and I get into enough of a mess already. If I had used speed bond I would be always stuck to my hand trainer. :lol:

Gel Bond all the time for me, and I put a pin in the end of mine so it doesn't leak or clog - as I'm mobile I can't guarantee how it will lie in my box and the pin never fails!

ah thanks ladies! I have obviously squeezed to hard when I 1st got it, mind you I had to squeeze the speed bond like a mad person to get it coz there was something wrong with it lol and the pin great idea as I am mobile too :hug: 1 question thou do you put the pin in and then the lid yeah? xx

Latest posts

Back