Gelish Gel Polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh let me know how you get on, it looks great doeant it xxxx

why did this thread get moved from main nail geek forum..competition not allowed?

I would like to know what the differences are between these products because there seems to be a few about, I thought Shellac was unique.

OK delete last message thought it had been removed...but last question still stands :)

After watching the YouTube link am liking the look of this very much! 24 colours too! Can feel a bit of shopping coming on!

I've used them and yes, for sure they cure in 2 minutes or less, I love em.

I agree they do look interesting, notice that the natural nail was still filed a little on two occasions tho, when Shellac says no filing needed at all.

After watching the YouTube link am liking the look of this very much! 24 colours too! Can feel a bit of shopping coming on!

I read on a US forum that there should be another 24 colours coming soon too!! It does look great on the youtube video.

Hopefully Sheila will be able to tell us all how wonderful it is when she has tried it. Strangely enough, i'm mostly interested because i think my mum would love it!!!! Hopefully it can attract some new clients too though!! :D

Personally I like the look of Shellac better as apparently you don't have to remove shine.

24 colours a launch is pretty good though and another 24 on the way.

I actualy saw this in scratch magazing, because the company do liquid and powder and normal gel too I would assume it is actualy the launch of a new company (harmony) not just someone who has tried to copy shellac. Could be wrong but wouldnt shellac being made be a secret so no one could copy it. They say it is a paint on gel (hence removal of shine) where as shellac is a hybrid between gel and polish. I think gelish is a product in its own right similar but probably completely different to shellac xxxxxx

I actualy saw this in scratch magazing, because the company do liquid and powder and normal gel too I would assume it is actualy the launch of a new company (harmony) not just someone who has tried to copy shellac. Could be wrong but wouldnt shellac being made be a secret so no one could copy it. They say it is a paint on gel (hence removal of shine) where as shellac is a hybrid between gel and polish. I think gelish is a product in its own right similar but probably completely different to shellac xxxxxx

I don't think they or anyone are trying to copy Shellac. I'm sure they will have been developing this for years. I know they will be different.

I don't offer enhancements so I'm looking for a paint on, lasting colour. Personally I think I and my clients will like Shellac better as from what I can see you do not have to remove the shine from the natural nail. My clients are not enhancement clients so are not used to full prep.

Seems to me there is a little confusion between these different products.

Shellac was developed by CND .. it is unique.The most unique thing about CND as a nail company is that they do not buy 'off the shelf' they have developed the formulation in their own lab facilities (the largest in the world devoted to nails only products) which not only assures their OWN formulations but assures their customers of the highest quality.

Now with Shellac, there is no prep of the natural nail ther than Scrub Fresh. There is also no need to do any buffing at all to remove it; two features that nail techs will love as itt saves so much time. Shellac also wears without a hitch or glitch for 2 weeks or more and what's more, it removes in the exact time promised.

So the only way is to try for yourselves and see. It really is kind of silly to claim something is better when CND Shellac will not even be lanched until the 1st of May, so the poster who makes the big claims will nothave even tried it.

When you see an explosion of companies coming out with the same sort of idea and all at once, you know it is off the shelf! I say, make an informed opinion and then post.

I can say this ... I have been using Shellac on my natural nails for some weeks now. I applied it straight after removing my enhancements. My own nails are now long and strong and beautiful. Shellac looks as good today as it did when I last changed it a week ago .. I have not broken one nail since starting to use it and normally I would have broken all my nails within days after wearing enhancements for so long. I have never used anyting like it. I even have ridgy nails and youcan't see a sign of it beneath the Shallac. It ticks all theboxes for me and I know it will for the clients that have it applied.

Seems to me there is a little confusion between these different products.

Shellac was developed by CND .. it is unique.The most unique thing about CND as a nail company is that they do not buy 'off the shelf' they have developed the formulation in their own lab facilities (the largest in the world devoted to nails only products) which not only assures their OWN formulations but assures their customers of the highest quality.

Now with Shellac, there is no prep of the natural nail ther than Scrub Fresh. There is also no need to do any buffing at all to remove it; two features that nail techs will love as itt saves so much time. Shellac also wears without a hitch or glitch for 2 weeks or more and what's more, it removes in the exact time promised.

So the only way is to try for yourselves and see. It really is kind of silly to claim something is better when CND Shellac will not even be lanched until the 1st of May, so the poster who makes the big claims will nothave even tried it.

When you see an explosion of companies coming out with the same sort of idea and all at once, you know it is off the shelf! I say, make an informed opinion and then post.

I can say this ... I have been using Shellac on my natural nails for some weeks now. I applied it straight after removing my enhancements. My own nails are now long and strong and beautiful. Shellac looks as good today as it did when I last changed it a week ago .. I have not broken one nail since starting to use it and normally I would have broken all my nails within days after wearing enhancements for so long. I have never used anyting like it. I even have ridgy nails and youcan't see a sign of it beneath the Shallac. It ticks all theboxes for me and I know it will for the clients that have it applied.

Thanks Gigi, that sounds just what my natural nail clients will love.

I can't wait to see it at the Event.

hi do you have any m,ore information about this person? I try to talk last night with Bulgarian distributor on facebook and she told me name some Pamela Kennedy, but just i did'nt get tel nummber to her ;-(((

maybe someone have any info about that
thx:D

Sorry only had contact with Dennis. Have managed to order some, which is a bit tricky to do at the moment but will arrive next week so will keep everyone informed! ;)

Hi Ladies..

Just wondering if there are any more updates on this product

Is it lasting, wearing well, looking nice etc etc

Thank-you

Hi Ladies..

Just wondering if there are any more updates on this product

Is it lasting, wearing well, looking nice etc etc

Thank-you

If you go back to page 1 of this thread & find post no 8, someone has posted a link to a thread on beautytech where US technicians are discussing this very thing!

Thank-you I have already veiwed that...But I wanted to know from the ladies on this site as value thier opinions :)

Gelish does not have a distributor in this country as yet, but soon will. I am awaiting my first order from Amsterdam, any day now and will come back and let everyone know what I think of them. What I have read is all very good, have not been able to find anything negative from anyone who has actually tried the product. ;)

My dog is on day six now with her gelish claws and has not lost her shine yet, nor does it show any signs of wear at the tips. And as with Shellac there is only the regular prep as with polish. No buffing or filing--goes on like polish--cures in 10 seconds with an LED lamp or 2 minutes with a UV lamp and comes off in less than 10 min. with acetone. Price is a little lower than Shellac for the same amount of product.

My dog is on day six now with her gelish claws and has not lost her shine yet, nor does it show any signs of wear at the tips. And as with Shellac there is only the regular prep as with polish. No buffing or filing--goes on like polish--cures in 10 seconds with an LED lamp or 2 minutes with a UV lamp and comes off in less than 10 min. with acetone. Price is a little lower than Shellac for the same amount of product.

I thought there was a video if theis product and they did remove shine from the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back