Gelish Gel Polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do on the video but apparently you don't have to if you prefer not to! How cool is that? x;)

They do on the video but apparently you don't have to if you prefer not to! How cool is that? x;)

Very cool. Products like this and Shellac are definitely a revolution for natural nail clients.

Using their Ph balancer or 91-99% alcohol to dehydrate the nail is the only prep I have been doing and it is working out great!

Using their Ph balancer or 91-99% alcohol to dehydrate the nail is the only prep I have been doing and it is working out great!

This is sounding better & better!

I an very impressed with their huge colour range!

Happy Days !!
Firstly , sorry everyone who has posted on this thread for the lack of Uk information until now. We wanted to make sure we had the products in the UK and ready for shipment before launching them at you!
It is HERE now !!!!

For those in the UK looking for tech support and what Gelish can do please visit the site as we are available for all of your questions.

www.nailharmonyuk.com

0800 0148300 Freephone from a landline.

Look forward to chatting soon.
Regards
Nail Harmony

It puzzles me how you can compare Shellac to anything?
Shellac has only been released in the USA in May.!!!!!!!!

Most Salons dont have it long enough for comparisons.

I dont know enough about your Product to state an opinion,and I think that while you are very enthusiastic about your Product
you dont know enough about mine to state an opinion either.

Shellac is Patent Pending.............

where is your product on this scale????

I have tried them both now, and in the 2 weeks that I have been experimenting, the 'polish' nature of the Shellac has shown itself to me by peeling--whereas the Gelish has displayed no 'foibles' yet. I also like that I can get 40-60 applications from a bottle of Gelish vs. 25-40 from the Shellac bottle for the same money. And Gelish has 3 patents pending--I know this from the research I did prior to making my purchases of both systems--because I don't work for any company.

Having been trying Shellac for about 6 weeks now the only reason I can see that peeling may occur is:
1. an incomplete cure by using the wrong lamp (loads of info on the wrong lamp on this site)
2. inaccurate painting of the base coat
3. inaccurate painting of the top coat (not peeling but rubbing off)

I have even tried hard to find an edge to pick at but can't even when I broke a nail

My nails, incidentally are long and natural and Shellac just doesn't budge!!

Can I also just add to Marian's post by saying that you also need to cap the free edge by running the brush along to seal the natural nail, if you're not doing that then that could cause peeling.

I have a question re Gelish, does it have UV3 technology?

I have tried them both now, and in the 2 weeks that I have been experimenting, the 'polish' nature of the Shellac has shown itself to me by peeling--whereas the Gelish has displayed no 'foibles' yet. I also like that I can get 40-60 applications from a bottle of Gelish vs. 25-40 from the Shellac bottle for the same money. And Gelish has 3 patents pending--I know this from the research I did prior to making my purchases of both systems--because I don't work for any company.

Have to say that in the months I have been using Shellac I have never seen it peel EVER (but of course, I do know how to use it and do have the right lamp). I never wear gloves EVER and do EVERYTHING including typing many hours a day and using the ends of my natural nails; now THAT is quite a workout and a real test and over a long time.

Gelish which is a thin coloured gel - it is not UV3 Technology - but if you love it then that is terrific.

Shellac is a uniquely different hybrid product and I've heard there are multiple patents pending. Shellac is a completely new category of product .. neither a polish nor a gel but combining the best features of both (the ease of polish and the wear-abiility of a gel). You never need to file the natural nail prior to application nor do you ever need to file the product prior to removal!! Shellac does what it promises to do which is to provide your natural nail clients with 14 day flawless wear.... REALLY!

PS ... I file my nails every 3 days or so and there is no cap left after that ... never has it ever peeled away.

Last edited:
I've just watched the Youtube video and notice that they filed before removal, there was a lot of product left on the nail when the foil was taken off and the nail was buffed after removal...
That's totally different to Shellac (having done a removal on Saturday), with Shellac you don't buff prior to removal, there's less product left on the nail when the foil/remover pads are taken off and no need to buff the natural nail either.

Just my personal observations :wink2:

I think that when asked at The Event what the differences where there where 2 main differences...1) Shellac isn't a gel...2) Shellac requires NO removal of shine/filing of the natural nail at all..........I guess there is a place for both these products....but comparing them as the same thing is just daft because they are not.

I agree with that! They are definitely two different types of product all together and are marketed that way.
One thing though, my client that peeled off after 2 days--I did take the instruction & I do have the proper equipment and it was applied according to directions--it must just not like her nails is all I can say! And she is a teacher, so not a lot of hard use there!
Oh and I have not been buffing the shine of nails to apply Gelish--just using a good dehydrator and it hasn't made a difference.

Is there a site where I can view all 48 colours. Nail Harmony isn't showing anything at the moment. ;)

Not sure all 48 are available yet? I know they were supposed to be out this month though. Here's a link to see some of the colours if it helps at all xx

GELISH SOAK-OFF GEL POLISH : Nail Technicians Supply, Nail Supply

Only 24 colours at present another 24 are following soon.
As for the UK website we have had a few problems getting it live but hope will be all up and running for the weekend or just after.
Thank you sooo much for your interest.

xx

There is a pic posted of the new brochure with all 48 colors on BT. But I just got a call from my rep and she is emailing me my own brochure. I am pre-ordering several.

There is a pic posted of the new brochure with all 48 colors on BT. But I just got a call from my rep and she is emailing me my own brochure. I am pre-ordering several.

BeautyTech.com :: View topic - Shallac v/s Gelish what's the difference?

A link to the post on the beauty tech website with the colours if it helps anyone, you'll have to scroll down a bit, its towards the end i think. Just had a look, its a nice range of colours. Something to suit everyone by the looks of it. Hopefully i'll get to purchase some and have a play soon :D

Welcome to the site NailHarmony! Nice to see you! ;)

Latest posts

Back