Gems on skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I've got a client whos spotted an old issue of Scratch in my nail room and wants something similar. It was a pic of toes in shiny black polish with the big toe encrusted with bullion and stones which swept up the foot onto the skin.

She wants something similar on her finger nails/hand.

Firstly does anyone know a good supplier of gemstones/rhinestones. I always get mine from the wholesalers. They are OK but not as classy as the ones in the pic.

Secondly how do you adhere stones to the skin? I assume there is some kind of adhesive which is safe on skin.

Any help greatly apreciated.

Thanks Gloria, 3 new shopping sites for me arrrrgh:D

could you use gelbond? jeweled fingers and toes would be GORGEOUS for halloween!

Do you not think they were just for the picture and not meant to last? How would they stay stuck to the skin?

Su-do do body gems they are bigger than rhinestones and look better I use them when doing airbrush body art all the time. You can glue most things on with eyelash glue tho'

I wanted to recreate that look but couldn't find any gems big enough in the wholesalers. Ended up in Boots, looked in their false nail section and i got a pack of different sized pearshape gems and in the box its got body glue and a wicked stick. The box cost about £8 which is not much more than what was on sale at Ellisons. Can't remember who makes it but I think its Elegant nails or Nailene or something like that. It's in a purple package.

Forget using glue on the toenail, put the gems in the wet enamel, whack plenty of top coat on, takes ages to dry (at least half hour before i dare even touch it) but the gems are on for good! mine lasted 3 weeks before i changed it because i got bored of the colour and i still had trouble picking them off.

Hi Emma, (and any other interested parties!!)

Thought I would let you know that I stock nail rhinestones in genuine crystal - more sparkly than a lot of others. I have various sizes in diamante and AB including 3mm sizes which are great for using on the body. Like a few others have suggested eye-lash glue is great for sticking them:lol:
I charge from £1.35 for 60 so just let me know if you need any.

Elaine

I know the pic you mean - they looked gorgeous.

crystalqueen said:

Thought I would let you know that I stock nail rhinestones in genuine crystal - more sparkly than a lot of others. I have various sizes in diamante and AB including 3mm sizes which are great for using on the body. Like a few others have suggested eye-lash glue is great for sticking them:lol:

Elaine

Hey Elaine:) welsome to Geekworld!
Just wondered are you the Crystal Queen from Ebay?
KxXx

in aus i buy stones from swarovski, they are czech crystal and the best in the world, only trouble is you have to buy them in 10 gross packs , thats 1440 stones, they come in all sizes and colors, often swarovski won't supply to (techs), but thats where most of the stones come from, you will choke when you find out the price, eyelash glue is the best for sticking them to skin, they will stay on all night/day and just peel off and can even be reused

nailzoo said:
in aus i buy stones from swarovski, they are czech crystal and the best in the world, only trouble is you have to buy them in 10 gross packs , thats 1440 stones, they come in all sizes and colors, often swarovski won't supply to (techs), but thats where most of the stones come from, you will choke when you find out the price, eyelash glue is the best for sticking them to skin, they will stay on all night/day and just peel off and can even be reused

Don't leave us guesing, What is the price??

saw this picture yesterday...gems on skin...thought you might like to see. xxx

Attachments

• gems on skin.jpg
    gems on skin.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 115
NailStyle said:
saw this picture yesterday...gems on skin...thought you might like to see. xxx

This picture is from www.sparkly-nails.co.uk - you can view the bigger picture on the website - look on the gallery page.

its a fab picture...do hope i haven't upset anyone by using it...it was only in the aid of this thread. xxx

:Love: hello,get ya rhinestones off ebay there so much cheeper. and if you go into a just for fun shop, they sale latex glue which is used in theactrical and media makeup. its fine on the skin xxbecks

Oooh this thread has inspired me to have rhinestones on my hands and face for hallowe'en this weekend!

I will post and let you know how I got on with them!

Sarah xxx

:D Hi,
Yes i use SU-DO body gems thae come in different colours and are used for body art they have a sticky back..sooo easy to use and great colours.
Web address....www.SU-DO.com
Good Luck
Jenny

emmad said:
I've got a client whos spotted an old issue of Scratch in my nail room and wants something similar. It was a pic of toes in shiny black polish with the big toe encrusted with bullion and stones which swept up the foot onto the skin.

She wants something similar on her finger nails/hand.

Firstly does anyone know a good supplier of gemstones/rhinestones. I always get mine from the wholesalers. They are OK but not as classy as the ones in the pic.

Secondly how do you adhere stones to the skin? I assume there is some kind of adhesive which is safe on skin.

Any help greatly apreciated.

NailStyle said:
its a fab picture...do hope i haven't upset anyone by using it...it was only in the aid of this thread. xxx

No way - its great you've come across my website! Just thought I'd let people know where to see the bigger one 'cos you can't see it too well in the little pic! Cheers! x

crystalqueen said:

Elaine
Hi I would like a list of the stones you stock my email is [email protected] thanks, Geraldine

Latest posts

Back