Getting polish to last longer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
Can any of you suggest some hints, tips or tricks to help polish on a french manicure last a little longer? I do the basics...base coat, 2 coats polish, top coat...a girl is getting her nails done tomorrow for prom which is on Saturday. Any tricks you know of that have helped you get polish to last just a little longer would be great! What kind of polish have you found to be the "best"?
Also, what is the best way to apply rhinestones to a french manicure?

The best product on the market is CND 'Sticky' even on natural nails your polish withh last a good week. It's absolutely Amazing. I did a french on a client friday and I saw her today at Weight Watchers and they look like I just did them. 'Sticky' definately works for me!

AND finish off with CND Air Dry for a super hard and shiny and lasting top coat.

Set your 'bling' in the top coat and use thin coats of polish not thick.

Best advise is to tie the client to a chair and keep her immobile for at least 30 minutes until DRY. :lol: Most wreck a French in the first 15 minutes.

Another thing that helps keep polish on longer is using a primer on the natural nail before applying polish. I prefer to use an acidless primer on fingers and toes - it really helps to keep the polish on a lot longer

The best product on the market is CND 'Sticky' even on natural nails your polish withh last a good week. It's absolutely Amazing. I did a french on a client friday and I saw her today at Weight Watchers and they look like I just did them. 'Sticky' definately works for me!

try on yourself before hand as i'm not 100% sure but it works for me..

Base Coat.. 2 Colour coats..apply cuticle oil all over the nail straight away let dry and apply again then apply top coat.

I did manicure on the natural nail couple of weeks ago. This was for a lady who is a lorry driver!!!! I was sure that because of her job, I would be lucky if the color would last a day, but a week later and it was still excellent!!!! I was soooo happy!
I did a thorough cuticle work, moistured cuticles propally before applying the polish, then 1 layer base, two colors and two tops ( over the tip of the nail too.... )
And advised her to top up the top once every 3 days. I would think the key is a good quality polish all over and a good aftercare.

Hi hun, your profile says you're a young nails user, so make sure you are removing all oils and dirt with swipe first, and you can use protein bond too before your base coat. I find this helps me and i am terrible for keeping polish on. Stickey is a great base coat too.
hth xx

I would think the key is a good quality polish all over and a good aftercare.

These are two good keys, but the REAL key to success with polish is preparing the surface of the nail plate to acccept it. Clean of everything and dry.

Good dehydrators are Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, acid free primer and good old acetone is still an excellent product to use prior to polish.

I use 'Out the Door' top coat and it never fails me, polish stays on for THREE weeks (thats if you dont get bored of it before hand lol0
x

Jessica Brilliance is an AMAZING product to use as your topcoat, and their basecoats are endless....real quality product. UV protection and seals enamel. Please try! X

I use 'Out the Door' top coat and it never fails me, polish stays on for THREE weeks (thats if you dont get bored of it before hand lol0
x
Is that with natural nails or over enhancments? And if over natural does the clients have strong nails .:)

Is that with natural nails or over enhancments? And if over natural does the clients have strong nails .:)

I have tried both Franjess, you should give it a shot it really does work.

With my clients I am really looking for them to come back every 2 weeks tho, but on 3 week clients it's still good :)

I have tried both Franjess, you should give it a shot it really does work.

With my clients I am really looking for them to come back every 2 weeks tho, but on 3 week clients it's still good :)
I just started using it last week because I bought (out the door) about 2 months ago when i was at a supply store and ask what was the best fast drying top coat techs were buying and some nail tech in line with me said OUT THE DOOR. I can't wait to see how it worked for my client and I'll start using it more since you say it works on all types of nails. :) Thanks

I just started using it last week because I bought (out the door) about 2 months ago when i was at a supply store and ask what was the best fast drying top coat techs were buying and some nail tech in line with me said OUT THE DOOR. I can't wait to see how it worked for my client and I'll start using it more since you say it works on all types of nails. :) Thanks

Have you tried CND's Air Dry? It's by far, my FAVE topcoat! :hug:

You could always offer a forever french gel very quick if you are doing it on natural nails.

What about Heat Dry Pro Finish by CND anybody use it does it work as good as Air Dry by CND?

What about Heat Dry Pro Finish by CND anybody use it does it work as good as Air Dry by CND?

Hi franjess, I have used Heat Dry but I am an Air Dry gal. That stuff ROCKS!!! :)

I think Jessica's Top Priority Glazing Ultraseal is amazing!! My polishes last so much longer by using this!! I LOVE it!!! xxx

Hi franjess, I have used Heat Dry but I am an Air Dry gal. That stuff ROCKS!!! :)
I'll have to try it then. The heat dry has a strong oder does Air dry.

I haven't tryed Jessica but heard good things on other post about it. Do you have to buy their whole line just to get it?

Latest posts

Back