HELP ideas for new salon interior - PLEASE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldylocks77

Reaction score
I'm due to take over my new salon in the next few week and although i have been looking at this salon since the summer i have no idea what to do with the interior! At the moment it is white with blue assesories very dull, boring, people don't even notice it's a salon, even though it's in a great location.

At first i was looking at a black and white flock wallpaper feature wall since this idea 2 salons in the town have redecorated with this theme. Then the idea was a red theme, again i'm disappointed the girl i'm buying the salon off has an other new salon and it is RED :grr:
I'm really after something that is different, unique in this area but not something that is so out there that it will frighten people off!

Hope someone can HELP!

How do you want the clients to feel when they come into the salon? Do you want it to feel warm and cosy or or perhaps relaxing and serene?

Browns and beiges would give a warm and cosy feel with textured fabric to compiment that warm feel. Lilacs are a very relaxing colour.

HTH

I want relaxing but modern. That is why i loved red so much you can do and it stands out. Thought about it so much i feel brain dead!

If you want young relaxing and modern then what about pink and black? I think that can be relaxing if done in the right way.

hi this is the first time ive left a message so bare with me guys.

i rented a small space within a nail salon, (to do beauty treatments in) the salon was really dated. so i decided to paint my section in cream and painted one wall in green, then accessorised with green candles a chair, towels etc. next home catologue has some nice stuff in greens, canvas prints are a good way to add colour.

good luck

What about a bold colour for a feature wall something to draw your attention to that stands out when you walk in, some lovely modern canvases you can even make some up yourself if you want that more personal touch to it, plus you could have some of those candles that look like there candles but work by battery they are really effective.
Nice chunky candles for show what about windows are you having voiles or something else these could be the same colour as ur feature wall, silver accessories would go nice as well , with a lovely modern lamp on your reception desk /waiting area...sorry im going on now lol

well, I think red is not very relaxing at all and tbh passe!

the colour that is really 'in' now is duck egg blue, couple that with silver accessories and it will look modern, fresh and relaxing too. or couple it with brown that would be warmer, like brown leather settee, oak flooring, etc.

My room is magnolia 3 walls, dark pinky/brown the 4th wall, wood laminate tiled flooring and a wooden lat blinds in the window. I have beige toweling with a chocolate brown throw, but it also has a lot of chrome in it too, so although very natural looking, has a contempory feel too.

Last edited:
My daughter's bedroom is plain white walls with green and mocha brown bedding and accessories. I love it and will only need a quick lick of emulsion to freshen it up. It gives mw the impression of a 'chocolate lime' sweet.
:idea: I also like the idea of duck-egg blue and brown................might try that somewhere.

I like the idea of a feature wall, what about a nice rich plum colour? Teamed with white and silver that could look stunning.

How big is the salon? Mine is huge and the practicalities of keeping it all looking fresh is mind boggling!! The fact is that staff and customers are VERY hardwearing on everything. Feet scuff the paintwork, brooms knock the skirting, belts scratch your leather seats - I could go on and on and on. Its almost a full time job keeping it all together, looking clean and nice.

We wanted something nice and bright, nothing too OTT but nothing bland. What we did was pick the same colour pallet as the products we sell (TIGI and Matrix) and paint each of the walls one of those colours. This makes the salon look very dfferent from the norm and allows us to repaint a grubby section without painting the whole of the shop keeping it looking really fresh and allowing us to make changes without a complete redecoration. You have to go carefull with what colours you put together but we've found it really works for us. The products look great on display too.

Nick

Thanks so much for all your ideas, it has managed to kick start my brain into thinking again. I love the duck egg colour, i went on the dulux site and it gives you some great colours.
The salon is a medium size, at the moment it's white walls with blue chairs and accessiories, god that sounds terrible :rolleyes:, it's not as bad as it sounds.
HONEST:lol: !

Hi,
Your new salon sounds great where is it and what are you going to be called?
Would be great to try your salon.
Hope everything is going well.
C

I would keep it neutral and then add in some accessories to gain a colour scheme.

how about brights colors with glitter and then add
sashes to off set it

how about brights colors with glitter and then add
sashes to off set it

Oooh yes that sounds really nice and sparkly paints are available in lots of colours
and to show it all off if you have some really good lighting to reflect it and make it all sparkle
it could be really eye catching ,
I mean have you ever looked in a salon and it looks totally dark and dismal ?
I think a good lighting system will attract new clients hth :hug: x

Zebra stripes, Zebra stripes and a touch of black & white:lol:
bestest.jpg

Hi , I like the zebra stripes also,
and thats what I call eye catching and different too.
Lighting is very important too ,

how many times have you walked past a badly lit salon and thought to yourself how dark it is in there ,

here is a link for good lighting tips
http://www.salongeek.com/business/72009-how-your-lightbulbs-new-post.html

The decor is something for people to chat about
and people will be certainly looking in ,

I know I wouldn't just walk past a salon decorated like Carls,
I would be craning my neck just to have a peek in ,

and it would also make me want to book an appointment there
as it is interesting and not just an ordinary run of the mill salon :hug: x

What treatments are you going to focus on, lomi lomi massage, balianese massage you could feature an eastern theme ot hawaian theme

In doing french facials you could do the french boudoir look, lovely pieces of painted furniture usually white or cream with a touch of light green.

hassian walls look cool too teamed up with Swede and leather in brown.

Latest posts

Back