Hollywood, Brazilian waxing and STDs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Labia Majora are not part of the Vulva, the vulva is the "mound" bit or the Mons pubis :) my perineum is also not part of my Vulva. Not wanting to sound like a know it all, or crude. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Don't blame me! Blame Google. lol Either way you don't wax vagina's and that's a fact! :hug:

Try different types of glove. I find latex drag on the skin too much and vinyl feel nasty. Also vinyl don't feel snug as they don't have much stretch. I'm a black nitrile gloves by myself.

Google Brosch Direct for some of the best value gloves and selection.

Don't blame me! Blame Google. lol Either way you don't wax vagina's and that's a fact! :hug:

I think that dodgy Groupon therapist I saw did, and that is where I had the problems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like nitrile gloves too. I only wear gloves for intimate waxing though. I'd also recommend people make sure their Hep B jabs are up to date.

I like nitrile gloves too. I only wear gloves for intimate waxing though. I'd also recommend people make sure their Hep B jabs are up to date.

Not interested in giving hep b jabs where we are with our job they almost laugh We Have to pay for them.

Can i ask what made you change your mind about gloves? As I always remember you being one of the only ones who admitted not wearing gloves in previous threads. I don't wear gloves to be honest but i'm considering it after this thread x

I had to wear them for male waxing and I found they were not as horrendous as I thought.

So I decided to wear them ... because they protect my beautiful Shellaced nails from the dastardly wax which sometimes gets on them.

So the client thinks its for them and I think its for me - win win :cool:

And if anyone thinks that's shallow and vain - well, it probably is but I don't care :hug:

As for manis and pedis I wear gloves for both right up to the point of applying the product. And again this is to protect my own hands and nails.

xx

Not interested in giving hep b jabs where we are with our job they almost laugh We Have to pay for them.

Yes I had to pay for mine. It's only around £100 though and that covers you forever :biggrin:

I think if you start as you mean to go on you will get used to them or never know any different.Nitrile I think are better they are a bit more expensive but buy from medical suppliers rather than beauty and buy in bulk and you can get them for a lot less.

I think if you start as you mean to go on you will get used to them or never know any different.Nitrile I think are better they are a bit more expensive but buy from medical suppliers rather than beauty and buy in bulk and you can get them for a lot less.

I've got a friend of a friend etc that said he'd get a box of nitrile gloves for nothing for me, I didn't realise he meant a box with 10 boxes in it lol, I've enough to last the year !

Nitrile users do you use powdered or non?

Melanie, I looked up Fozzyo's recommendation and they offer non and powdered gloves. I usually need powdered as my hands sweat and my eczema flares up when I wear gloves, so the talc helps a wee bit. Never used nitrile so wondered if hands sweat as much in them

I use black nitrile non powdered gloves though I have powder on hand as sometimes I need it to get them on if hands are a little damp from alcohol hand sanitiser. I initially hated gloves and they seemed to get in the way until I tried a smaller size, they need to be nice and snug (which is why I find nitrile best as they are stronger - the vinyl ones of the same size would tear when putting them on) then you won't notice much difference between wearing gloves and not wearing them.

I have heard, from my glove provider that they are now only allowed the powder free gloves because it's the powder that caused the problems, I have quite severe eczema on my hands and thought powder free would make them worse, in fact it's the opposite, my hands feel brilliant with them on x

I have heard, from my glove provider that they are now only allowed the powder free gloves because it's the powder that caused the problems, I have quite severe eczema on my hands and thought powder free would make them worse, in fact it's the opposite, my hands feel brilliant with them on x
I had to stop wearing powdered gloves as it was like the stigmata with cuts around my wrists. No powder, no soreness. Oh.....and no white hand marks on my clients backs (I'm a hugger).

I'm swapping to nitrile powderless gloves to stop getting my white hand prints on my black trousers because I do it EVERYTIME, you'd think I'd learn over time but nope. So powerless gloves have been ordered & will be used all the time as soon as I use up my powedered ones, just wishing I hadn't bulk bought them lol.

I'm swapping to nitrile powderless gloves to stop getting my white hand prints on my black trousers because I do it EVERYTIME, you'd think I'd learn over time but nope. So powerless gloves have been ordered & will be used all the time as soon as I use up my powedered ones, just wishing I hadn't bulk bought them lol.

Baggy why don't you switch straight to powderless and use powdered as a backup for when you run out?
Or other such times

Victoriabar I have used some of my powderless gloves (as I just have to try them out, like a big kid at Christmas with a new toy lol) but I need to use up my powdered ones and the only time I really wear gloves is when waxing.
I do tend to rip a lot of gloves with my natural long nails so I'm sure it won't take me too long to get through my powdered ones.
Run out :eek: I'd never allow it, have bulk bought the powderless ones too.

Think my clients will be shocked when I start leaving their waxing appointments without white hand prints on my trousers lol. We always laugh at me as I just can't seem to stop doing it.

Latest posts

Back