Hot Water?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I noticed today that a couple of competitors were boiling kettles of water to dip the tips in so that they could be bent to exactly fit the natural nails. Obviously worked. I have never seen this done. Looked a tad dangerous to me. Does anyone do this regularly. Were those kettles PAT Tested with certificates :lol:

I'm not sure if the particular competitors were from the UK. Is this a European thing or have I (again) missed something that you all do?

Never heard of this. Maybe it's some kind of good luck ritual LOL

glynis said:
I noticed today that a couple of competitors were boiling kettles of water to dip the tips in so that they could be bent to exactly fit the natural nails. Obviously worked. I have never seen this done. Looked a tad dangerous to me. Does anyone do this regularly. Were those kettles PAT Tested with certificates :lol:

I'm not sure if the particular competitors were from the UK. Is this a European thing or have I (again) missed something that you all do?

When I was at college doing my Manicure C&G there was a small section concerning this. I can't remember if it was refering to tips used for enhancements or for the falsie tips that cover your entire nail.

HTH

Karren and I noticed that one of the competitor's model's was actually rubbing her hands in the steam of the kettle before the comp started. I tlooked mighty odd and a tad dangerous? Anyone know why she was doing this?

Well this one has completely through me, unless this was a cheap way to sanitise her hands by steaming them over a kettle LOL! (Though I doubt it!)

oh it wasnt for making their tea then ?!!:o lol

kx

...i suppose it makes sense that the heat would mould the tip to the shape of the natural nail - much like moulding a gum-shield for rugby or boxing...
unless they just fancied a cuppa...

not seen or heard of it being done before though!

Is it not for just simply making sure their hands /nail beds aren't too cold for the product?? (The steam that is not the tip moulding) Probably completely wrong here but thought iv read threads about making sure the models keep their hands warm so it helps with products etc.

Apologise if iv finally lost the plot. :lick: :smack: :confused: :cry: :eek: :o
xx

No you are right, they used a kettle/steam to shape and tweak the tip............... pinching it to get that dramatic 40 degree curve..................
The heat makes the tip pliable and you can get a dramatic pinch with out creasing the tip...........
I didn't know that that was allowed either, or else I would have brought mine too and the teabags and the milk and sugar too LMFAO..............Hmmmmmmmmmm you learn something new every day.................

hi

crikey that brings back memories! lol when i first trained in nails many moons ago :o the tips were hmmm shall we say not as advanced as they are now days and thats what we had to do with them to get a good fit.

I didn't realise anyone still did it now-a-days though! :)

heavenly said:
Never heard of this. Maybe it's some kind of good luck ritual LOL

PMSL xxx

glynis said:

DAMN.............I thought I had to dip their fingers in boiling water. No wonder they didn't come back. xxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
No you are right, they used a kettle/steam to mold the tip............... pinching it to get that dramatic 40 degree curve..................
The heat makes the tip plyeable and you can get a dramtic pinch with out creasing the tip...........
I didn't know that that was allowed either, or else I would have brought mine too and the teabags and the milk and sugar too lmfao..............Hmmmmmmmmmm you learn something new every day.................

Oh bless ya babe that made me giggle you and your cuppa lol

Latest posts

Back