How do you get listed with distributor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I was wondering, how do companies like Sweet Squared, LeChat, EzFlow, NSI, etc. decide on who to list as salons that offer their treatments? I mean, like, a member of the public calls them and asks for the name of a salon that offers the products in her area?

Do they go by who has ordered it? Or who trained with them? Or do you have to ask to be listed? Do you have to renew your details with them every so often, or risk being dropped from the list?

I was wondering, how do companies like Sweet Squared, LeChat, EzFlow, NSI, etc. decide on who to list as salons that offer their treatments? I mean, like, a member of the public calls them and asks for the name of a salon that offers the products in her area?

Do they go by who has ordered it? Or who trained with them? Or do you have to ask to be listed? Do you have to renew your details with them every so often, or risk being dropped from the list?

The only product company that i know of that has a list of salons/techs is Bio Sculpture where as long as you have had their training you remain on their list. I could be wrong here but i think the ones you are mentioning are only offering products and training, not referring clients. But as always, correct me if i am wrong!!:confused:

I work for Gerard's skincare. We have a database of all clients that have ordered from us in the last 12 months and then when potential salon clients ring up I take their postcode and find the nearest salon to them.

CND in the UK have for years and years had a client referral list and recommended salons with Master CND technicians.

If asked, S2 will tell potential clients where other CND salons are located in their particular area but will only recommend Master CND Artists.

If asked, S2 will tell potential clients where other CND salons are located in their particular area but will only recommend Master CND Artists.

Not to ruffle any feathers or anything but this hardly seems fair, everybody who has trained with CND has spent and continue to spend hundreds of ££££'s with the company, how come we are left out in the cold? Like i said its just a question and i'm not being funny in any way, just thought i'd ask.
Jo.xx

Not to ruffle any feathers or anything but this hardly seems fair, everybody who has trained with CND has spent and continue to spend hundreds of ££££'s with the company, how come we are left out in the cold? Like i said its just a question and i'm not being funny in any way, just thought i'd ask.
Jo.xx
It is all about creating standards. We know the standard our Master Artists have reached so we wiil recommend the quality of their work.

How can we recommend a technician who has only just trained or never proved the quality of their work or had it assessed?

I think it is perfectly fair how it is done.

As I said we will TELL people where our customers ARE (so I think it is unfair to say anyone is left out in the cold) but we won't say how good or not the technician is unless we know that technician has proved her standard on Master classes and attained Master status. What could be more fair than that? Nothing to do with how much a person has spent !

All the more reason to attain to Master status by finishing your training with CND. To me a person has not completed their CND training until they have attained Master status and one of the 'perks' of attaining that Master status is to have ones Master status pointed out to potential clients.

Last edited:
Surely though if take a course with CND, if we were not good enough then we wouldn't pass? We wouldn't get a certificate? Surely if we were not good enough we wouldn't be able to purchase it? I have to say that i feel a little hurt after reading that, i am always singing CND's Praises to my customers, how they are helpful to us nail techs and now i feel like i've just been punched in the gut, i am apparently inferior.

As geeg said it's all about standards. You can't gaurntee that everyone whom passes their sig 5foundation will continue to practise and go on to become a good nail tech 70% usually give up within first year. The way I look at it is the only way for CND to be certain the techs they are sending clients to ate of a good standard is the ones whom are of master standard as they are serious about their education not about how much money they have spent .

I would like a cosmetic treatment and the company whom is advising will only refer clients to the top surgeons,, this to me makes sense .

Surely though if take a course with CND, if we were not good enough then we wouldn't pass? We wouldn't get a certificate? Surely if we were not good enough we wouldn't be able to purchase it? I have to say that i feel a little hurt after reading that, i am always singing CND's Praises to my customers, how they are helpful to us nail techs and now i feel like i've just been punched in the gut, i am apparently inferior.

Well I really think you are being WAY to sensitive and you are not thinking sensibly but emotionally and not being logical .. passing a course and being 'good enough' as you put it to pass the particular level of skill you need to pass that particular course, does not make a person's skills necessarily good enough to recommend to a client who wants a technician with a high level of skill and asks for a recommendation ... in that case I would only recommend a Master.

I do not think you are understanding what I am saying at all.
How could I or anyone recommend an individual nail technician to a client if we do not know what their skill level is? Would I say, Oh you can go to Suzie (who just passed her course last week) or to Kelly who is a CND Master Nail Technician, both will do a great job as they are both CND trained? That is just plain silly. And recommending a Master is not saying everyon eelse is inferior either ... just that they are not Masters. What is the point of working hard to become a Master technician if at the end of it you are not assessed to determine your skill? It doesn't follow that one does inferior work if not a Master but how the heck would I know that or CND know that? One of the reasons for Master classes is exactly so that we can give personal recommendations and create a standard. A CND Master certificate in the UK is like getting a license from CND.

There is no reason for anyone to have their feelings hurt because Masters are recommended over novices or others about whose level of skill we may know nothing. No one would ever recommend someone who they could not vouch for. If someone on the other hand asks for a salon using CND then we tell them the nearest one to them. Very simple and everyone is accommodated. I would be (I am) proud to work with a company who takes that stance.

Last edited:
The way I look at it is the only way for CND to be certain the techs they are sending clients to ate of a good standard is the ones whom are of master standard as they are serious about their education not about how much money they have spent .

Well i have to say what i said in an earlier post has been twisted out of proportion. I am serious about my education, i am not worried about the amount of money i have spent, if i didn't want to spend it i wouldn't have.
I had said all along that i wanted to do my masters but with 4 kids, 3 dogs, driving lessons (as i don't drive) it would take a little longer than some, I have been working as a nail technician for just under 3 yrs now and have no intention of quitting, i love what i do and will continue to do it til i'm old & grey!

Gigi, as for letting my feelings get involved, yes of course they are, i'm a human being, my feelings are involved with everything i do and say, thats how i am and ever more shall be, yes i am sensitive, who isn't?

Gigi, as for letting my feelings get involved, yes of course they are, i'm a human being, my feelings are involved with everything i do and say, thats how i am and ever more shall be, yes i am sensitive, who isn't?

I think it is time to let this one go .. :hug:

There is no need for anyone to take a company policy personally or to feel hurt, belittled, demeaned, undermined, inferior or any other word anyone could think of ... it is a policy and it is a sound one.

To become a Master Nail Technician especially a CND Master technician is as much to do with knowledge as it is about skill and it should be a goal for you to aspire to one day, when you can fit it in; this will naturally vary with each individual.

One day you will do it I hope, and be justifiably proud of your achievement and the rewards it brings.

Hi ya Ditzy
We at Harmony take a different approach.. if you have purchased Gelish from us we will add you to our RAPIDLY growing enormous list of Gelish Salons.. We are very confident of all our salons listed. Gelish is a sought after and such an easy product to use hence we are inundated with enquiries daily and love to be able to pass these on to the hard working Salons and mobile techs of the UK .. AND after the Harmony Team Gelishing the stars of Xfactor and the cast of Glee this weekend its fast becoming a household name.
As yet we have had no complaints BUT if someone is unhappy with a Harmony Salon we can point them in the direction of another 5-10 in their area to try.

But !! we are very very different to other companies and the way they work and its up to you to make the choice as to which company suits you best.

Love n Hugs

Well i have to say what i said in an earlier post has been twisted out of proportion. I am serious about my education, i am not worried about the amount of money i have spent, if i didn't want to spend it i wouldn't have.
I had said all along that i wanted to do my masters but with 4 kids, 3 dogs, driving lessons (as i don't drive) it would take a little longer than some, I have been working as a nail technician for just under 3 yrs now and have no intention of quitting, i love what i do and will continue to do it til i'm old & grey!

I feel you took my post the wrong way I in no way was saying you were not serious I was trying to say to ensure cnd are sending clients to techs whom they can be sure are of a good standard is to refer them to master techs,, yes there provabbly is lots of good techs out there whom are also very good at what they do but also alot of techs whom trained are not so good or maybe switched companys or maybe gave up ,,, how can cnd know which is which,,,, but a master tech they can be sure.

I to have 2 kids family dogs etc, xxx

I can see both sides of this BUT surely there could be information on the site explaining briefly about Master techs and supply two lists.
I have been using CND for about 15 years, I haven`t taken a Masters course (numerous reasons... children, at times financial and health), I may not be as knowledgeable but it doesn`t mean my work isn`t up to standard. I too feel offended that I can hand over hundres of pounds a year and not be good enough to registered as a CND tech :(

maybe they could have two lists, grade the techs, grade one techs have taken just l&P or Gel, grade two taken both, grade 3 embarked on their masters, grade 4 taken their masters.

Just a thought......

For goodness sakes ... everyone who is a CND technician is listed as such and registered. If people ask for a CND tech in an area where you are, your business is mentioned to them. ... What in gods name is there to be offended about? Really people this is so ridiculous I sit here with my mouth hanging open.

If a customer rings and specifically asks for a highly qualified technician we recommend a Master and only a Master. Apologies if you feel you merit being called a Master CND technician even if you have not received the award. No way we can know that one.

Everyone using Shellac is registered and your names are passed on worldwide if you have taken the time to register with CND. If you haven't done so then you should have, it has been mentioned enough times and from day one :lol:

Wow geeg. I don't really want to start anything but i was just noticing the way you get your point across. Maybe your true tone is lost in translation due to typing instead of talking, but you can come off a little harsh. I've noticed this on other threads as well. Just making an observation...

Come on people. Lets not turn this into a boxing ring. Everyone has an opinion. My CND distributor recommends me to customers and students because they know me personally, because I am never out of there and they have seen my work many times. But how can they recommend someone if they don't know how they have progressed after initial training.

Masters is on the line for me too and I would be extremely proud to do it in the very near future. Cause I would love some day to teach and pass all the knowledge I gained on.

Wouldn't you be gutted if your client went somewhere recommended and got a **** set of nails? I would!

I would only pass my clients to the master tech because that gives me reassurance they would be perfect !

Let not rant at Gigi she works hard on here and she at times has to repeat herself million times. How would anyone react if people didn't listen to what already been mentioned million times. Most times it just common sense!

Sometimes this type of attitude puts me off signing here!

Sorry IMHO

Nail designer with a twist;)

Wow geeg. I don't really want to start anything but i was just noticing the way you get your point across. Maybe your true tone is lost in translation due to typing instead of talking, but you can come off a little harsh. I've noticed this on other threads as well. Just making an observation...
I'm really a pussy cat. :hug: and you don't know me .... Yet! :green:

If out of 19,000 posts a few sound firm or in your words, harsh, then the vast majority are not ....
Let's be positive. Thanks for your observation and input.

Shame that people have to make problems where none exist (referring to those who feel they should be recommended as gifted technicians even though they have never been assessed). As Nat says, how many times does one have to make a point or explain before the penny finally drops?.

Last edited:
I know two people who completed a CND foundation course about 5 years ago (one of which is family and actually does my mums nails) and I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if they got recommended to someone over a CND Master. I would call their standard of work bordering on equal with a kit that you might say have bought from Argos. And as for sanitisation etc, don't get me started.

It doesn't say much for a company if they just go and 'recommend' any Tom **** or Harry and then that client goes and gets their nails ruined does it? At least with CND they know that if they recommend a Master, that client knows they won't be disappointed. Recommend someone like the member of my family, and I wouldn't trust CND again.

Latest posts

Back