How do you thank a client for referrals??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a client who has been with me for 4 months and has had her nails done every 2 weeks without fail. she has passed my details onto her mum and her friend who now have their nails done by me too.

i was wondering whether i should give her a free/discounted treatment to say thank you for passing my details on.

if so what would be best, free, discounted....will she expect this all the time??

what do you think, does anybody else do this for their clients?

xxx

NEVER discount your service!! This is just sending the wrong signals.

Give her a gift. This makes more economic sense and is a one off so she won't expect it every time.

geeg said:
NEVER discount your service!! This is just sending the wrong signals.

Give her a gift. This makes more economic sense and is a one off so she won't expect it every time.

thanks geeg your right, i'll give her a gift, good idea!!

xxx

get her a nice creative scentsations hand cream or something yum

MINKUS said:
get her a nice creative scentsations hand cream or something yum

you read my mind was just thinking what i could give to her. x

That sounds like a good idea, she'll probably appreciate that more too as she maybe wouldn't normally buy it and she would get her nails done anyway.

HI, I totally agree....thats why all the mini sizes can be so useful...like the solar butter and the cucumber heel therapy ...I used to give them to clients as a thank you for referrals....

I give my regular customers a little gift from time to time; eg. chocolates, a bottle of wine or something from Virgin Cosmetics

They have all been thrilled and it secures business for the future in my experience

This is such a good way to introduce your clients to the products you sell.

If you use Creative, they will be impressed with the results because the products work. This will build trust in you and the Creative brand and they will be willing to buy more in the future.

Trust is so important in our business.

I cannot emphasise enough that no professional should ever discount their service price. It makes so much more sense to give a gift.

I also think that a simple 'THANK YOU' goes a long way. I mean a real 'I want to thank you for referring your friends, I really appreciate it'. I'm always chuffed that someone has thought about the help I given them and appreciated it.

This bit's for Geeg: What do you suggest for a new business to attract custom if you think discounts are a bad idea? Normally it's the discount poster that attract. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

xxx

Here is apost from many moons ago that I did ... maybe it will answer your question Kimmie.

Please Please Please do not use the word DISCOUNT. We are professionals.

Ask yourself this question ... ??
Are you ever worth less today than next week?

What kind of signals are you sending out to everyone?
1. You're short of clients???
2. You're making so much you can afford to cut your prices???
3. You're at the low end of the market??

20% of say only £30 is £6!! Now think of this....

Give a gift with service instead !!
:idea: :idea:

The gift could be a funky file or a bottle of enamel of their choice or even a small bottle of SolarOil. The product you choose will cost YOU less than 5-10% of your service charge.

The client will see it as a big gift at retail value.
And you don't look like your are running a discount store.

I repeat ... we are professionals... professionals do not discount.

geeg said:
Here is apost from many moons ago that I did ... maybe it will answer your question Kimmie.

The gift could be a funky file or a bottle of enamel of their choice or even a small bottle of SolarOil. The product you choose will cost YOU less than 5-10% of your service charge.

so true

Hello,

this is Sue the client and I thought I'd like to comment on this one.

Whenever I had a treatment my nail tech woud encourage me to use nail oil, but it was quite expensive and so I just used normal creme's etc. That Christmas she gave me one of those tiny bottles of Solar oil to use. I was really good and used it as she told me. That was four years ago and I now swear by the stuff and keep bottles of it at work and at home. I'm also with the same nail tech even though I've moved house and job since then. Every Christmas she gives her clients something small to try out and I think it's probably an investment worth its weight in gold. I think if you reward your client at Christmas then it's kind of understood that it's (probably) a one-time thing.

Sue.

geeg said:

I love this advice. Right !!!! No more discounts................but pressies instead. Thanks Geeg. xxx

hi all

can anyone tell me where you can get the mini scentsations from.

cobweb x x x

suej_be said:
Hello,

this is Sue the client and I thought I'd like to comment on this one.

Whenever I had a treatment my nail tech woud encourage me to use nail oil, but it was quite expensive and so I just used normal creme's etc. That Christmas she gave me one of those tiny bottles of Solar oil to use. I was really good and used it as she told me. That was four years ago and I now swear by the stuff and keep bottles of it at work and at home. I'm also with the same nail tech even though I've moved house and job since then. Every Christmas she gives her clients something small to try out and I think it's probably an investment worth its weight in gold. I think if you reward your client at Christmas then it's kind of understood that it's (probably) a one-time thing.

Sue.

you can get keyrings off the internet im not sure what site but type keyword blank keyrings an you should find something,

i do a little photography as my side line an i get mine from my local print shop pay 5 pence each for them i never thought to advertise myself on one of them im too busy filling them with photos good idea..

while were on the subject of discounting etc....
i am so rubbish when it comes to money hence why my salon closed down i was too silly with money an would never make a business women... i give everything away

when i had the salon i used to let them off with tip replacements an alsorts if they hadnt got enought id say oh give it me next time an all sorts
i was running some kind of charity

my friends expected it done for nothing or next to nothing, got ridiculas
as a recomendation i used to say if one of my clients recommended me to there friend then when they came back for treatments i would knock five pound off .... and so on so it encouraged them to bring me in clients...
when i think about it i was running a joke shop not a nail salon

i had sometime out an am back doing nails again to my old faithfulls but on saying that i have become alot more stricter an 1st october my prices are going up whether my clients like it or not.

i went to the warehouse today to get a pot of gel its not gone up tp £38 from 34 in the matter of 6 months ...

how often do you gusy put ur prices up ?

Latest posts

Back