How far on a standard bikini wax??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have done a search on this and would like to ask for a few more details. Me and my colleuge have been discussing how much do you wax on a standard bikini? and that you are covered for on your insurance. Do you just wax what is outside of your knicker line, or do you go in about an inch? and also do you take abit of the top? and if you do are you still covered on your insurance for this?

your help would be most greatful. x

I'm not sure what I'm specifically covered for insurance wise when it comes to bikini waxing...but I don't offer Brazilian waxing...so my standard bikini wax is whatever the client's knickers don't cover!! If they want to pull them to one side a little, I'm happy to wax a little higher, I always take any excess hair from underneath, and I always ask if they would like the top edge "tidied"!!

But that's what they get with me...a "tidy"...not a full landscaping session!!! Going to be doing the Brazilian course in a couple of months though :)

my basic bikini wasx is just that basic

it is a tidy of the knicker/brief line only anything else they want they are charged for according to how much comes off.

as for insurance im not sure, my insurance covers me for taking everything off, so check with your provider to make sure what you are covered for. some companies require you to have additional training for brazilian waxing but this does vary with the provider.

hth

Basic bikini is about an inch inside the knickerline.

BABTAC cover for intimate waxing if you have a basic qualification in waxing and they're the biggest insurers, so I'm sure you'll be fine. If not, changer your insurers. xxx

With my basic bikini I tend to go right up to the crease of the leg and take all the hair outside the brief line, right down to the bottom cheek.

I always ask how high they want to go and if they want it straight or angled at the top. If they want across the top of the pubic mound included I then increase the cost to a high bikini. Most of my bikini clients who have the top of the pubic mound waxed also want to go an inch or inch and a half inside the brief line too... usually depending on how brief their bikini's are I guess.

I have two prices.. one for basic.. and one for high... anything more than high I start to charge my brazilian price as thats what it would be lol!!!

:hug:

I regularly do basic bikinis and always ask how far they want to go and as I go along I stop at intervals, show them a mirror and ask again if I should continue or stop. When they return for their next appointment, they report that they were really happy with their last treatmemt.

regarding bikini waxes i know its abit off the subject sorry i just wanted to ask how other therapists position their client to do the bottom half of the bikini line areawhich goes right down near the buttocks area the akward part of it lol. some clients dont want me to go to far down as its more painful for them but for others i want to be able to perfect a straight line but i find that some hairs especially if their growing to the side are diffucult to stretch and pull any tips would be helpful thankyou
i have two different prices for basic and high bikini line too and jus ask the client how high they want me to go for some a bsic bikini line just outside the knicker line is enough for others i take the sides a little higher and include the top too.

regarding bikini waxes i know its abit off the subject sorry i just wanted to ask how other therapists position their client to do the bottom half of the bikini line areawhich goes right down near the buttocks area the akward part of it lol.

I ask the client to curve her leg and bring her foot up towards her opposite calf. I can then apply the wax from the outer top pubic bone area right down to the lower bottom in one strip. I use non-strip wax in this area and I just brace the skin and pull a little... re brace and pull again... re bracing as I go further up to the end of the strip. I don't have any problems with bruising or not getting all those hairs out :)

For a basic i remove everythin outside the knickerline and about an inch within. If there is any hair poking out of the knickers at the top this comes off as standard.

One lady I have in for bikini always wear her bikini bottoms which are soooo different from a pair of 'normal' keks. I always take whatever you can see outside and a little bit inside too. It's quite difficult with the bikini bottoms she wears though as they are quite fitted.

She came for her second appointment yesterday and when she re-booked, she said next time she'd like me to leave a strip instead of just a bit off, in time for her holiday. I told her she would need to make sure the hair she has is short and I meant to say to her that she'll be better off wearing 'normal' keks instead of her bikini but forgot! Do you think it'd be a problem or should I call her and tell her to wear different ones next time?

xx

i use paper strip wax would you say thats why its harder then

a useful tip that i picked up is to place a peice of couch roll underneath the knickers and tie in a pretty bow lol or a knot. you then can access the area perfectly and get where you need to as well.

hth

a useful tip that i picked up is to place a peice of couch roll underneath the knickers and tie in a pretty bow lol or a knot. you then can access the area perfectly and get where you need to as well.

hth

That's a great idea :green: I already use couch roll to protect their undies but never thought to tie a bow around it! Genius!

Thanks hun.

I've used paper and fabric strips and the only difference I've found is that the fabric strips tend to leave 'bits' once I've cut them to size, whereas the paper ones don't. Not noticed any othe differences apart from the fabric ones are slightly more floppy. HTH :hug:

i give the client a tissue to place inside their underwear to protect it beforehand although some get in a right pickle doing something so simple lol

Just inside knicker line to ensure no embarrassing bits can escape if wearing a bikini. A bit off top too if required. Glad I keep it to this too-Had to go give first aid to a friend who had done a self brazilian. She had a two inch, deep tear right inside from pulling the wax strip off and it frightened the life outta me.

i use paper strip wax would you say thats why its harder then

I would say so yes... with non strip wax you have two hands free.. one for stretching and one for the pulling :)

hth

I do this too.. but I use a folded kitchen roll piece of paper... I fold it into a triangle then again into a thinner roll.... and its much stiffer and doesnt tear the same ... then I slip it under the briefs across the pubic mound and then pull up and tie.. it keeps all the sides of the briefs out of the way without the need to place floppy tissue or paper strips in the brief leg edge... which in my experience always got in the way lol!!!

When completed.. I just untie and whip out :hug:

I don't use tissue, couch roll or towels. If they are having a basic bikini, so leave their underwear on, I get them to pull their knickers upwards and pull the knicker legs together. That way I can perfect my line and I don't have anything sticking to the wax. Much easier.

:
With my basic bikini I tend to go right up to the crease of the leg and take all the hair outside the brief line, right down to the bottom cheek.

I always ask how high they want to go and if they want it straight or angled at the top. If they want across the top of the pubic mound included I then increase the cost to a high bikini. Most of my bikini clients who have the top of the pubic mound waxed also want to go an inch or inch and a half inside the brief line too... usually depending on how brief their bikini's are I guess.

I have two prices.. one for basic.. and one for high... anything more than high I start to charge my brazilian price as thats what it would be lol!!!

You are right to have 2 separate price Jen.
From working in the salon, people book themselves in for the bikini line (9.00) then ask us the Therapists to do really high bikini line which is actually 14.00!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back