How many have had cosmetic surgery?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
i just wondered if any geeks have had cosmetic surgery and what the experiences were like,

i am booked with bupa for a consultation in 11 days as i want a full tummy tuck and breast enhancement, they have told me i should be able to have the tummy tuck by the end of the month,

on one hand i am sooooooo excited but on the other i am soooooo nervous as i have heard a lot of horror stories,
i have wanted these ops for about 5 years and realy have a complex about my figure, paul has been great and said he will stand by me whatever i decide to do, i have been doing well on my diet but have lost all sensation in my stomach muscles due to haveing 6 ops (4 major) all damaging the muscle

i just need to makesure i am doing the right thing so any stories good and bad would be much apreciated

Hi Kittenclaws, sorry I don't have any experiences to tell you about but I just wanted to wish you luck for the ops in a few weeks time; you must be so excited! Hope it all goes well and you look FAB!! :hug:xx

:)hello kitten claws I have a tummy tuck and also a boob job oh and also a bit of lipo!What would you like to know? feel free to fire questions and I will try and help xx

I've had two surgeries ....depends on the doctors, reputation, ect........both of my experiences were different......they hurt a little more than I thought they would .......but then again....what surgery feels good any way?.......I'm happy with the results I got ....and no one even knows what 'I had done' ......so that's good as well.......If I had the money I'm sure I'd tuck,lift,lipo,laser,peel everything I had.....:rolleyes:.....but I don't and I'll just have to like the things I had done .........good luck with what ever you decide :hug:

Not had any yet but if all goes to plan i will be having a breast enlargement op next January, fingers crossed.
Good luck with yours hun if you do go through with them, you cant get much better than bupa so you are onto a winner there :hug:

thanks for the replys, i am haveing both ops done by the same suregeon and as i said the 1st op (tummy tuck) at the end of the month followed by breast enlargement about 8 weeks later,
i am lucky i dont have young kids to look after as my youngest is 12 in september so the kids can help in the house and hubby is supporting me all the way

i have been feeling down for the last few months as i am not happy with myself so this i feel is the only way to go but i am still going to keep on the diet after the op as im sure i will still have a bit of weight to shift but the thought of not haveing a jelly belly is so exciting and i wont have to wear baggy clothes anymore:)

ive got my consultation appointment on the 12th so i am going to be writing a list of questions to take with me, if i dont write them down im sure i will forget loads

im like a kid waiting for christmas now:)

Good for you hun, you do right writing your questions down cos you do forget everything that you wanted to ask once you are in there
hope it all goes fab for you and keep us up to date with your progress :hug::hug::hug:

Good luck with your surgery.

I hope you researched well and are happy withyour surgeon,and his or her crudentials.

Ive had cosmetic surgery myself,i had breast augmentation 5 years ago now,and was in Paris at the time.

I saw 3 surgeons before commencing and saw 3 former patients that had surgery and were satisfied with the outcome.

I personally had no problems,i was a 32 a and am now a 32d:eek:

But believe me im still in proprtion:lol:

It was the best if not one of many things ive done and had no complications whatsoever,even though i will say it was painful after surgery and my husband waited me on hand and foot let me tell you....LOL

I was shown how to keep massaging my breasts after my surgery to help keep them "pliable":eek: This was just so they would not go hard,but as i say no problems...its not a major surgery like it was 30 years ago.

I used arnica tablets and gel after aswell and this helped with the bruising,it was my surgeon who gave this to me so im not sure if its similar in the UK.

keep us posted!:hug:

O good luck I would love a breast enlargement as I feel out of proportion but money is holding me back unfortunatly. I would be really interested to hear about your experience.

My friend had a tummy tuck last year with bupa she swears that it was the best thing she has ever done although for the few days after she was in a bit of pain and regretted it. That only lasted 3 days and she came out of hospital booked a holiday and off she went in her bikini. That she'd never worn since she was about 18.
Good Luck hunny, I'm sure your in the best hands and you will feel like a new you. Sending you big :hug: xxx

Good luck Tracey and keep us informed who its going, I am losing weight too, but couldnt afford surgery so am doing crunches everyday, blaaah:)

Oh and thats crunches no crunchies by the way..lol

any cosmetic surgery is an excellent idea (hopefully it should make you feel better about your appearance in the end), as long as it doesn't look obvious (or should i say, it should look natural) ........ kinda like nails really.
I've had a nose job , quite a few of my clients have had boobs done, fat sucked out, fat put in, eye lifts, brow lifts, dermabrasion, acid peels, tummy tucks, bum lifts ..... the list goes on..... i've seen some fab jobs and i've seen some bad ones, My advice to anyone contemplating surgery, is to check out previous patients (in person and without makeup, not scrapbook pictures in waiting rooms), never do it on price alone, ..... and above all..... SET ASIDE LOTS OF RECOVERY TIME AND OBEY ALL DOCTORS ORDERS.

my sister had her eyes done and a boob job last year, shes loves it, she was in a hell of a lot of pain for a while afterwards though but she had hers done under the muscle because she is so thin and flat chested , lol
it isnt as painful if you have it done just under the skin though , i think there is a forum for people having surgery and who have had it , i will find out for ya
good luck hun, i so want a tummy tuck !! xx

any cosmetic surgery is an excellent idea (hopefully it should make you feel better about your appearance in the end), as long as it doesn't look obvious (or should i say, it should look natural) ........ kinda like nails really.
I've had a nose job , quite a few of my clients have had boobs done, fat sucked out, fat put in, eye lifts, brow lifts, dermabrasion, acid peels, tummy tucks, bum lifts ..... the list goes on..... i've seen some fab jobs and i've seen some bad ones, My advice to anyone contemplating surgery, is to check out previous patients (in person and without makeup, not scrapbook pictures in waiting rooms), never do it on price alone, ..... and above all..... SET ASIDE LOTS OF RECOVERY TIME AND OBEY ALL DOCTORS ORDERS.
i have already told hubby he will have to be my slave fora few weeks, lol
i am not telling my family untill i have had it done as when i mentioned to my sister i wanted it done she went on and on about money wasting and she thinks women who have had tummy tucks look butch:irked:
i will keep you all up to date, i would do tummy before and after pics but with my tummy i think id make you all sick with the before pic, lol

ooh send me some pics , it might help convince my hubby its a good idea :green:

i have already told hubby he will have to be my slave fora few weeks, lol
i am not telling my family untill i have had it done as when i mentioned to my sister i wanted it done she went on and on about money wasting and she thinks women who have had tummy tucks look butch:irked:
i will keep you all up to date, i would do tummy before and after pics but with my tummy i think id make you all sick with the before pic, lol

This is YOUR life and your ultimate goal is happiness and peace of mind.

I can empathise with your sisters views as i encountered these similar issues with some of my own family members.

You have to love yourself though,and you are taking the steps to achieve this.You have to live your life how you want to and be happy,how many of us are really happy with ourselves??

Anyway,enough of that,go for it,just think of the outcome,and what you wuill have achieved.Thats an accomplishment in itself.:hug::)

i wish all the best for your ops

i would love to have a boob job (i have finally put on some weight but i still feel a bit out of proportion)

a friend of mines got her boob job done on the nhs and she said it was fine and she is very happy with the results

We have horrible noses that run in our family ( pardon the pun ) im not bothering for myself anymore but i said id pay for my daughter to get hers done when shes old enough.My sons got his dads nose but shes got mine and her grandads and noses keep growing forever evidently ..bless her.

I had a breast reduction a few years ago, it was the best thing I've ever done :green:
My hubby didn't really want me to have it done but was happy if I was happy. I went from a 40/42 D/DD to a 38 B and I've never been happier with 'them'.
The recovery was hard as you can't use your upper body properly due to the amount of stitches etc but I had a lot of help, not only with the house, food shopping etc but also with my children who were quite young at the time.

Do whatever makes you happy Tracy, all the best with your ops (wish I could have a tummy tuck!) xx

i was just wondering why both proceedures wont be performed in one go.
is it because they would be too much to recover from together ?
its just that i thought it was best not to have more general anesthetics if you can avoid it.

Latest posts

Back