How old are you? REALLY.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 42, which often surprises people!

Life begins at 40, had a couple of years to get used to it lets say!:lol:

I have never hidden my age I don't care who knows, maybe cause I look 25, ok 35! I can act like 20 or 60 depending on what is required.

Im 40 but probably feel about 36, all my clients can never believe Im 40 which is either really nice of them or they just want me to do a good job lol, It also depends on what time of day it is, in the morning with fresh makeup on and a good hair day I feel about 36 by the evening im more like 56!!!!!!!!!

Well I am the oldie a 62! People say I look 50 which will do me just fine thankyou. My head feels about 20 and I hope that it stays that way. lol

I am rapidly approaching 54 <in a couple of months>. I actually don't mind too much, but have to confess I feel it at times. I definitely don't have the stamina I had even 10 years ago.

If it weren't for the fact I'd be wishing my life away, I can't wait to retire and have the time for all the things I 'Really' want to do. :)

Im in my 30's, I feel like im in my 20's and always get mistaken for being early 30's! I love it! Apart from when ive gone to tesco for wine and forgotten my driving licence!!!!

well so far i'm the baby at 24 :green:
People often think by looks that i'm younger, people that know me but are unaware of my age think i'm older.
I think I have always seemed older in many ways as i had to grow up quickly from a young age to help look after my younger brother and sister.
Then once I had my oldest son I had to grow up some more!
Obviously I cant party like I used to having 2 children, but I still feel 18... I dont think my mind will ever feel any older and I think i'll always feel young at heart :)

I'm 29, turning 30 in a couple of months. I had my son at 18 and obviously had to do some very speedy 'growing up' from that moment onwards.
I'm very much looking forward to turning 30, for the first time in my life I feel settled & genuinely happy. Love my family, home & job MUCHOS, so, 'touch wood' all is just how I hoped it to be at this age.
When I go out I like to think I'm 18 again but when it takes 2 days to recover I'm reminded my body can't pull all those shapes on the dancefloor like it used to! ;0)

Well I am the oldie a 62! People say I look 50 which will do me just fine thankyou. My head feels about 20 and I hope that it stays that way. lol

You're 62?? ... OH My God I'm really shocked by that, you really don't look it at all, I would have said about 50 too!

I'm 37 and I feel very old lately, cause in my head I'm only 26, so I look in the mirror and this 37 year old woman is looking back at me and I'm thinking "who the hell is she"?

I remember going to the Doctor not so long ago for a check up and she asked what age I was and I couldn't believe I said "26" before I even thought of it :lol:

Now when someone asks... I have to pause for a few seconds before answering, cause half the time I can't remember!!

I loved my Dad when someone told him what age they were and he'd say "you don't look it.......................... but you used to" :lol:

I reached the big 50 last week!!!!! Still can't believe how I got here..............where have all the years gone?
Do i feel 50, hell no!!! My body may have seen better days, my brain may have lost a few memory cells but my heart and soul still believe they're in their 20's!!! I take each day as it comes, live life to the full and am thankful that I am happy, healthy and still here!!!

Claire

I am 53 and will be 54 in July.... but I honestly dont feel it. My head, my mind and my heart feel a lot younger. OMG I am a young person trapped in an older body. Do I look my age??? Don't know, how are you supposed to look at 53??? I just look like me LOL. I don't take my self that serious, so I deffinatley don't take my age that serious either. Ok I am not that supple anymore, I can't bend down and touch my toes, mind you I couldn't do that when I was 30. PMSL xxxx

I am 21 with 19 years experience.......:wink2:

persianista another surprise from you tonight! I might believe you if you swapped the numbers around! ;) lol

and geeg I am shocked I would have assumed late 40's or early 50's!

All you ladies look fab.. and SJK, you look more youthful in your pic too! ;)

I will be looking forward to keeping youthful looks in this career then! :lol:

Nearly 43 and feel much younger until I actually catch sight of myself! My eldest are twins age 18 and although I expected to feel old as they got older I genuinely feel like they keep me young. My youngest just turned 9 and he just sparkles, makes me feel lighter in mind every time I look at him!

well i'm 36 & it frustrates the life out of me as i only feel about 26....i dont want to be in my 30s I WANT TO BE IN MY BLOODY 20s!!!!! Oooh that feels better.....having a little rant!haha:eek:x

I was a bank manager at a young age, had short, cropped hair, wore the suit... at 20, everyone assumed I was 30! In fact, I remember wearing a pale blue twin-set to go out for a meal on my 21st birthday... :lol:

In stark contrast, I have recently turned 30 and no-one seems to be able to believe it... I am only 5ft tall, have grown my hair, ditched the suit many moons ago, and am fortunate to have no lines to speak of (thanks for the good genes, Mum!) so what do I get now? Rumours circulating that I've had Botox! :lol:

I actually love being 30. I am settled with a lovely husband, confident in my job (and no longer frustrated at having a job that didn't utilise my creativity!), and I feel so much more self-confident. I embrace new challenges - in fact, I am determined to make my 30s 'my' time.

Would I go back, given the opportunity? No chance. Although it would've been fab to live my teens and early twenties knowing what I know now! xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I was a bank manager at a young age, had short, cropped hair, wore the suit... at 20, everyone assumed I was 30! In fact, I remember wearing a pale blue twin-set to go out for a meal on my 21st birthday... :lol:

In stark contrast, I have recently turned 30 and no-one seems to be able to believe it... I am only 5ft tall, have grown my hair, ditched the suit many moons ago, and am fortunate to have no lines to speak of (thanks for the good genes, Mum!) so what do I get now? Rumours circulating that I've had Botox! :lol:

I actually love being 30. I am settled with a lovely husband, confident in my job (and no longer frustrated at having a job that didn't utilise my creativity!), and I feel so much more self-confident. I embrace new challenges - in fact, I am determined to make my 30s 'my' time.

Would I go back, given the opportunity? No chance. Although it would've been fab to live my teens and early twenties knowing what I know now! xx

I agree .. if i'd known in my 20's what I know now, I would have been dangerous!! :lol:

Ok I think I'm the baby of the group now! I'm 19! (Everyone rolls there eyes hehe)

But my clients never believe I'm that young. I've got a head full of well useless infomation haha well some clients find it usefull! Haha I love to sit there with a biggg cup of tea and chit chat!! But then its great because all most of my clients mother me and say oh, she's a lovely girl! So I can get away with murder ;) hehehe but I feel I'm older that what I am! All my friends facebooks are forever filled up with pics from uni and all being drunk, where all the pics on my fb are from clients tagging me in pictures of their Minx! Haha (which I swiftly untag!) I like being young and in this industury it means I've got more time to learn =) x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree .. if i'd known in my 20's what I know now, I would have been dangerous!! :lol:

Brilliant! :)

I'm 27 I feel 18 most days apart from today after a weekend celebrating my best friends wedding I now feel 67 I can barely walk and each muscle aches that I make moaning sounds when I take each step or move my arms.

Must say a you ladies look fab x

Latest posts

Back