How Popular Are Painted Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
How popular are painted nails in your salon, do you find many clients ask for a one colour polish anymore.

Personally I rarely find this anymore, its usually acrylic or gel french, although sometimes ladies ask for a colour, but that is few and far between and generally as they want it with nail art,

It made me wonder if anyone else finds this or is it just me?

i cant remember the last time i painted an enhancement!!!!
i really only polish at manicures, ie one colour or french,
but funnily enough the other day i had a lady in for pink and whites ( as she always has) and she then said, "are you going to do the french polish on them this time????" i expained that she already had a permanent french , she said "oh ok then" LOL!!

I find it's only manicure clients who ask for colour on their nails, my enhancement clients prefer the french look. I do have one enhancement client who ALWAYS has her nails painted, a different colour every time and always a strong, bold colour, normally with nailart too :D

I have a few clients who have their enhancements painted - but they are the minority.

They are usually my ladies who have fibreglass enhancements or NNO's.

I look forward to those ladies appointments though because, in my opinion, when they leave me, you can't tell if they are wearing nail enhancements or not and they love the fact that they can pass them off as their own too!:lol:

I seem to do more varnishing in the winter than in the Summer - most people want French at this time of year - IMO.

I have approx. 95 enhancement clients and out of that only 4 have their nails polished, the others are all french or glitter/coloured.
When I manicure approx half will have a french or a pale colour.
Shame really because there are so many beautiful polish colurs out there.

I do hardly any polishes now, always french I think the only exception is my mum and mother in law. I have started polishing mine lately and clients love the different colours but still go for french. :rolleyes:

I have got a few "older" ladies that always have their Acrylics polished.

Just recently, and I dont know if it's the same anywhere else in Australia, but Ive had an increase in the younger chickies asking for nail polish over their Acrylics. Especially if their whites need doing and they cant afford the extra that week.

I went out and bought some really funky new colour polishes and have used a few of them already, Im glad because I love a beautifully polished perfectly shaped nail, natural or false.

90% of my clients have them painted, my clients have an aversion to the french look as they see it as common looking and a dead give away for acrylics.

I don't get much chance to use my polishes either!

I hardly do any, the ones that have polish are usually older ladies who are having a manicure. I do mainly pnik & white, or french polish. Coloured gel hasnt really taken off round here, though I ve done more this year than last - esp on toes!

I only have one client who has enamel on finger/enhancements.

But all my pedi's have polish !

About one third of my clientele wants eigher painted nails or nails wiht nailart. I like that, cause I love doing a paint.

Minette

Generally it goes in seasons where I live, summer is always light colours mainly French look, Winter is always the reds and chocolate colours. But the women here go out to fancy balls year round so always co-ordinate their nails with there outfit for the evening.

I have never had a client ask for polish over enhancements. My Manicure clients nearly always go for french polish, and 99% of my pedi clients have a colour / french polish.

So I do get use for some colours! This summer Ive found that French is deff more popular than colour, but if any colours have been used they are either very light pinky tones or darker pinky tones - Its all been about pink! lol.

I've only got one client who has extra long enhancements with really dark varnish on.

Mostly file and polish/manicure customers have them painted and always light colours for some reason!

A few regular french polish customers with gorgeous nails.

90% of my clients have them painted, my clients have an aversion to the french look as they see it as common looking and a dead give away for acrylics.

What are you trying to say??? My clients are common!!:eek: lol

Your words not mine. :rolleyes:

I have never been asked to paint an enhancement either! Dreading the day I do get asked now as every time I put a clear topcoat on someone else I shake like a leaf! So dread to think what a coloured polish would look like!:eek:

only a couple of my clients have colour too.

i'm like a magpie when it comes to polish, the colours just draw me in and i have to buy them. i have loads to choose from, so its not like they are stuck for choice. it just isnt fashionable round here at the moment.

Only about 4 of my client wear enamel and they usually stick to the same colours time and again. No wonder my polishing skills need to improve LOL!

Latest posts

Back