Ice Themed Stiletto Sculpts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Effect

Reaction score
Be gentle lol :o this is my first critique and my first attempt at stiletto sculpts.

I did these for a friend of mine who is entering a hair competition tonight. Her theme was "a night out on the town" and she came up with an ice queen to represent the ice bar in London.

So I give you my Ice themed stilettos. I used CND clear powder with Retention +, to get a slight icy glimmer I used iced maylar and encased it (well tricky) you cannot see it clearly but theres a snowy maylar in there along with a light blue and dark blue to add to the effect of ice nails lol :green:

There not as slender as i would have liked as she had slightly wider nail beds than i originally thought she had but this could just be me picking at things...ill let you guys decide.

I hope you like and thanks for looking :hug:

Last edited:
being newly wualified , not in a position to comment about the technical bits, but I think they look great and will be perfect for her theme, I am with you on the finding it tricky, I did a set with mylar and found it tricky as well, well done you!!

Hi Hun
Brilliant 1st attempt, they are fab.
Love the use of colours........But i do think you are right, for such a wide nailbed they needed to be much longer and slimmer.
I love to see them very pointed.
I can't critique on these as I have not done enough myself to be fair on you.
Please keep going and show us more pics.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x.

I am training in nails and learning all these different techniques! I think yours look really fab! I have been practicing stiletto nails and love doing them!

I like the colour/theme too great job xx

:green:

Brilliant!!!

I got some crushed pearl as a gift on ebay other day and wow it's rock hard to use.

Hope it's not as hard with fimo canes i just ordered 30 of them!
keep up the good work.x

I love these.:)

thanks alot girls for all the great comments :) Im very glad you like them

Nice colours.
Some tips with mylar.... U need to have your base layer of acrylic very thin.. it needs only to be an outline of the shape ( square, stil etc)... then before it is set press the mylar into the setting acrylic.. use the belly of your brush to really stick it in.
then cap your design with youir cnd clear L &P. U will get the hang of it and eventually u will be able to layer them and this will give u deepth to the nail.
I would have faded a little glitter over the natural smile line, so when it grows out the glitter will hide her natural free edge for a few infills.
Shape i cant comment on as i am still mastering it as well xxx

I think they look great!!!! The colours, the shape...allover!:)

I find Fimos more tricky than shellies-sorry to disappoint you, Beautification!:confused:-esp. if they are not verrrrrry thin cutted!

Latest posts

Back