Competition - Stiletto nail with embossed and/or encased nailart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grafxgal

Reaction score
Closes midnight UK time on the 30th March 2008

Right guys we have the go ahead for this competition details are as follows:

Theme: Stiletto Nail/s with embossed and/or encased nailart

Rules:
#one entry per geek.
#submissions must be one photograph of a stilletto with embossed nailart on one or two nails. Sorry no nail trainers.
#Submissions must be clear for judging.
#No copyrighted material to be used.

Entry is open to all in training and qualified nail techs.

When sending your entry through to me on [email protected] please title it Stiletto competition with your geek name included.
Once all entries have been received by the end date, they will be sent through to the judges for blind judging.

Please don't post your pics in the gallery or websites until the comp is over. For clarification if you post your entry anywhere on the web it will be an instant disqualification.

Salon Geek reserves the right to change, delete or add to the rules and regulations as seen appropriate.

For clarification blind judging means that the judges do not know whose works is whose, so please no names or identification on the photos.

JUDGES WILL BE:
ALEX FOX
SAM BIDDLE
MUM aka Marian Newman
ANTNBUCKLEY aka Antony Buckley
NAILSINLONDON1 aka Ruth Fordham

UPDATE ON PRIZES SO FAR.......

ok guys here is how the fantastic prizes will be awarded.

1st Prize: Ezflow products (EzFlow 508 Brush, EzFlow Dappen Dish, Pro File Pack, Time to Shine Collection, 100ct EzFlow Glass Tips, EzFlow Apron, EzFlow Manicure towel, EzFlow Pin)Grafton International Ltd and a Liquorice allsorts Brush Topper done personally by Sam Biddle on your favourite brush (you will need to send your brush to Sam) Sam Biddle

2nd Prize: Wow Products 6x Essence of Summer Spray by Tantrick Tantrick,tanning,spraytan,spraytanning, (please note that the Tantrick part of the prize is restricted to the UK and Ireland)
and a years subscription to Scratch magazine Scratch - The Forum For Nail Professionals...

3rd Prize: An Associate Membership to the Guild of Nail Technicians and iPod shuffle from The Guild Beauty Guild : Home and a decorated glasses case with a decorated lighter by ladybgemini.

Thank you so much to our generous prize donators

Last edited:
Cool....
Sheryl is this only for 1 or 2 nails only or is a full hand/set allowed ??

Ok just re-read lol,
Does this mean you can do like a full set or hand, but there must be embossed or encased art on at least one or 2 nails,
Can there be embossed or encased art on all nails ?

ok I'm a nail art noob, not familiar with the terms embossed or encased? what does this mean please as I would like to have a go? xx

Soda - re-read the other thread and it explains it fully there! I havent done much emboessed or encased art, but Im gonna give it a go, see what sort of mess I make! lol!!

xxxxxx:hug:

So do we need to do a full hand with one or two embossed ???
Or can we just do one nail and emboss it ??

sorry another question, i get the whole encased and embossed bit now,:o but on the original thread it was a long stiletto is that still the case or is it embossed/encased on standard stiletto, thanks, i promise thats the last question i ask xx:)

I would have thought you could do a small stiletto or a loooooong stiletto depending how the mood takes you chick :hug:

Oh my god:eek:
Have just sent my entry.... what have I done???
My first ever encased and a stiletto at that :eek::eek:
Oh well have nothing to lose
Jen xx

Please re read my original post everyone, I have made added clarification as to what blind judging is. Thank you.

can i ask who the judges are??.... just wondered as it i didnt see it mentioned....

i mite even have a go if its just 1 or 2 nails.... got a few ideas already ;)

Jess xox

I'm in. Prob not my best work atm but it's the taking part that counts eh?
Thanks for organising this hun x

sorry another question, i get the whole encased and embossed bit now,:o but on the original thread it was a long stiletto is that still the case or is it embossed/encased on standard stiletto, thanks, i promise thats the last question i ask xx:)

It's probably best to keep it to a medium to longish length as it will have to look balanced, it doesn't have to be as long as my xmas one - that is a sort of extreme length that one :lol:

I'm in. Prob not my best work atm but it's the taking part that counts eh?
Thanks for organising this hun x
Taking part is definately a good thing.:hug:
Glad that you in.
You're more than welcome, glad to help where I can.

Gosh I nearly missed this thread. Musy get my thinking cap on and practice.

woohooo!! I can't wait... my first comp i've felt brave ish enough to enter!! my fiance's lovely long nail beds have just been craaaaving for this comp lol :o)

Brilliant guys. (hug) The more entries the merrier. xx

This may sound a silly question, what are the judges judging on?

Is it just the design or are they looking at the nail structure and shape (as in apex not stiletto). If so do we need to take sideview and barrel shots a well?

This may sound a silly question, what are the judges judging on?

Is it just the design or are they looking at the nail structure and shape (as in apex not stiletto). If so do we need to take sideview and barrel shots a well?

There is only one photo per entrant, so if you send more than one only, one will be accepted.
Judges will be judging on the overall look of the finished work, clarity and composition of the photo, application of the art work, and the use of colour and other media and how well they work together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back