Inappropriate home salon print or not??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
As some of you may know my partner is decorating the conservatory for me so I will have a designated nail area.

I have a print by Jurgen Schmit of a naked lady and wondered if it was appropriate to hang in that area. I am thinking really only nail realted pics but it was a gift from my Dad and cost around £400 with frame, also as it's soooo big there is nowhere else in the house it can be hung, plus I like it!!!:lol: :lol:

Do I sell it or keep it??

Would you be offended by this print?? or maybe you wouldn't be offended just find it inappropriate.

Your views are really valued!!

Thanks! This is a link to the print.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/Hilton_014/BlueJurgenScmittz.jpg

Teri x:hug:

I really like it, I wouldnt be offended at all. if they dont like it then they dont have to look i mean its not like she has her legs open is it lol
if you like it hang it up with pride :green: xx

I have simalar picuture's in my house and had them when i was working from home. As long as there tastefull i see no problem at all....There beautiful

The picture will be hanging behind me and it is about 6ft tall by 3ft so it takes up nearly all of the wall, I was just wondering if it was a bit in your face.

I think it might be a bit much. Theres a lot of lady for the clients to look at, especially when shes facing them!! You need to decide if its worth taking the chance that you might offend someone. WHy do you have to sell it though? Only mho though xx

I think it is lovely and if it's a gift from your dad you definately shouldn't sell it! Put it up with pride.:)

Depends if you want clients to talk to your face or her breasts lol. I like it!!

Give it a test run with a few clients and see what the response is.

Rachel xx

i wouldnt be offended with it hun, but im very open like that, however if i sat facing that gorgeous beautiful slim woman for an hour or so, id feel even more ugly and frumpy than when i came in, so it would actually unnerve me a bit

xxxxxx

i wouldnt be offended with it hun, but im very open like that, however if i sat facing that gorgeous beautiful slim woman for an hour or so, id feel even more ugly and frumpy than when i came in, so it would actually unnerve me a bit

xxxxxx

They only need to look down at my ugly mug, wobbly belly and boobs that look like empty pitta breads and they'd feel gorgeous again!!:lol: :lol:

I'd say no it's not offensive ....quite lovely in fact ......But! ....I'd make sure that clients knew that your salon was NOT per say .....kid friendly as that picture might be innapropriate for the younger eyes.....but overall I'd say hang it and the ones that have a problem.....tuff noogies ...it's YOUR place .....

Teri Hun, it's a fabulous picture and I love it, as would my husband who is an artist however.....

It's pretty large and it's going to be slap bang behind you and all your clients will have NO OPTION but to look at it.

IMHO if it was one of those nudes done in pastel colours & from the back shot with some drape over them then I would of thought that would not offend anyone.
But this is very in your face simply by it's size and colour scheme, therefor I personally would have it somewhere else.
Not everyone is as liberal minded or appreciative of art as they should be.

I'm not a prude - far from it!!! I have a hubby that paints nudes (and they are not me!).

That's my thoughts on the subject and I hope your not offended hun xx

Teri Hun, it's a fabulous picture and I love it, as would my husband who is an artist however.....

It's pretty large and it's going to be slap bang behind you and all your clients will have NO OPTION but to look at it.

IMHO if it was one of those nudes done in pastel colours & from the back shot with some drape over them then I would of thought that would not offend anyone.
But this is very in your face simply by it's size and colour scheme, therefor I personally would have it somewhere else.
Not everyone is as liberal minded or appreciative of art as they should be.

I'm not a prude - far from it!!! I have a hubby that paints nudes (and they are not me!).

That's my thoughts on the subject and I hope your not offended hun xx

Bev no, I am certainly not offended, just very grateful for all the input!!

I like it Teri ... it doesn't offend me at all, as it's a beautiful print.

It should be noted however, that others may not share the same opinion.

I didn't think you would be really Teri.

I have looked at it based on my clients age range, the younger ones I don't think would have a problem with it, but my older ones probably would.

Also, as a volumptious type person that I am (still on my diet tho!) I would feel inferior and very fat & frumpy looking at that.

I get lots of clients that say to me how nice it is to come to my home (I work in my conservatory) as they feel very comfortable and that the places in town look at you as if to say 'what the fcuk are you doing in our beautiful place', know what I mean?

If I'm honest I like the print but I wouldn't hang it where clients were going to be sitting. I'm not offended by it personally but don't think it helps to create a professional atmosphere (which is harder to do in your own home anyway).
hth xx

Der!! Don't why I didn't think of this but my partner suggested maybe I put my certificates up!!

That really does make sense!!

now thats a brilliant idea hun, and maybe if you have some pics of nails or nail art youve done , like a little montage that would be something id love to see, if i went to someones home salon

nicky x

Der!! Don't why I didn't think of this but my partner suggested maybe I put my certificates up!!

That really does make sense!!

Definately what should go up on the wall!

i really like it

just hang it up

go on you know you want to

Maybe you could hang one of your dresses infront of her :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't find it offensive but I wouldn't want to sit & look at it for an hour & i think id find it distracting if i was talking to you, lol

Latest posts

Back