Incased koi fish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely amazing!

Speechless that is fab !

hi im new to here and being a nail tech. how blown away am i !!! thats fantastic how long have you been doing this and what are your tips for learning? people like you are amazing and have so much to teach wannabes like me! please share your advice thanks amy !

That is wicked , nice work !!!!

Absolutely wonderful!

thx folks, feels great that you all like it.

To answer on how long i have been doing nails...i did a 3 day course when i was doing my high school education at 16 which was véééééry basic :cry:. I started outside my school hours practising on my mom, sister and other willing vicitims. Then when i was 18 i did a cnd conversion since i heard so much possitive about the products. I did nails on a random base *maybe in average once a month :rolleyes:* since between my 18 and 21 i did mostly make-up for mag. and tv + facepainting & body-art * It was after this I started to experiment with 3D nail art as meditation :lol: when i was of from work and started to pick everything up again. After this i moved to sweden falling in love with an aibrush artist. Since one year I am working fulltime as a nailtech. and educator and hold 3D courses for CND here and also individually.

So to say i have done nails over a long periode of time but to put it all together say 1.5 to 2years of real practise. The only thing that was ever in my way was mix ratio :irked: My goodness i was obsessed with getting it right :green:

To answer a previous question...I think that if you just started out as a nailtech it is important to get your mix ratio right since this is the foundation when it comes to workability and ease. For designs i always pick up my usual bead and push the back of my brush on a paper towel to drain exescive liquid so your bead becomes firmer. This is great if you need to greate firm, sharp shapes such as flower petals, the koi, leaves etc... and use your acrylic slightly wetter then usual to create elongated shapes such as branches, decorative curls or lines. When you encase your nailart be sure that you don,'t have any bubbels in your clear acrylic or your nice finish will go down the drain. My best advice is to use this aswell slightly wetter so it seeps in between the 3D design => but not touching any skin!

Last edited:
I looooooove it. Brilliant would love to have ones like that. Very talented indeed.

That is awesome

Beautiful! what were the material that you used?

Creative for the base + design and the clear overlay with ezflow clear powder.

did you create the fish yourself from powder or was it prefabricated?

did you create the fish yourself from powder or was it prefabricated?

No, i made everything completely with l&p. For the white dots i used white acrylic paint though and black for the eyes.I was thinking if i have time, to do a tutorial on this one since people like the design. But i need to do this on a weekend or so since it isn't so difficult but it comes in many steps :rolleyes: I want to do it with pics + explenation since it is hard to imagine elsewise with just instructions.

Top marks from...this is outstanding, i love it and would be proud to wear a full set of these!
Cant wait to read the tut!
Well done mieke :hug:

It is SO nice!! I would really appreciate if you make "step by step"...Please:)
I think I'm not the only one who wants it:)

this nail is absolutely great!!
what powders did you use??
where did you learn these nailart?

Amazing work! Must definately visit you during my next trip to Sweden :lol:

this nail is absolutely great!!
what powders did you use??
where did you learn these nailart?

Thx :hug:
This nail is a mix from cnd and ezflow.I am self thaught when it comes to nailart because of the fact that i like to be creative with anything i can get my hands on. I learned by trial and error like everyone else.

Amazing work! Must definately visit you during my next trip to Sweden :lol:

You should!! :green: Would be cool to meet a fellow nailgeek! Wanted to go to the nailympics but can't come this year :cry: boohooo!!

Amazing, so talented.
Gail

This nail is wonderful and the colours are beautiful.
Can you do a step by step.. I am sure there are a few of us that would just love to have a try.
X Mel

Latest posts

Back