just curious how old you geeks are...!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what's the average geeky age?

• under 20

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • in your 20's

Votes: 336 39.7%
  • in your 30's

Votes: 352 41.6%
  • in your 40's

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • in your 50's

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • over 60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Krissy G said:
Hiya,

I'm 28.....although they do say you're only as old as the man you are feeling:Grope: . Oh poo.....that makes me 35!:Scared:
Need to find a younger model!:wink2:
K x

Oy Krissy - nothing wrong with 35!!! :lol:

Christine G(what is it about there being so many birthdays on this site in March?) said:
I was a honeymoon baby, people like to get married in the summer and it's so much nicer than in winter :D

I was talking to one of the girls I went to school with not that long ago and we were talking about birthdays. Being 20 doesn't bother me, I'm very happy with Paul and we're gonna get a house, etc, however the other girl was (as is her usual manner, i must say!!!) 'i'm depressed about turning 20 (can't wait to see her at 30/40!), I mean, that's old (how long is she planning to live????). I'm just so depressed, I can't believe that I'm, me, gonna be 20 (gimme a break, doll!!).

Some folk are just never happy. I just enjoy it as it comes!!

Im 39 in age but only 17 in mentality thats probably why i have friends from all age groups and they all think im scatty. :)

Love the fact that i am older now have more patience but have to strive to remember things more.

Lily could just picture it all glad you and Herman had a lovely holiday
x

:DI'm 34 but feeling much older at the moment as I'm also refereeing two boys arguing while I'm trying to type!
See ya bout to start work.
Sam

fiona wallace said:
Come on you guys...CHILL!!!!! some of you sound as though life's a race or that you're frightened of being classed as older (or that there's something wrong with BEING older) I'm sure THE GEEG will tell you that, like me, the best things happen when you hit 40.
I decided to change my life!! Started nails shortly after my 40th birthday...now 47..have a very successful nail and beauty salon business and a nail training academy, employ 8/9 staff stil looking to grow personally and expand proffessionally, have a fantastic life...

It's the journey that's important not the getting there, I promise you will only feel better about yourself even though your hair gets grey, etc.!!!!!!!
Hiya,
Yeah but i'm sure when you were coming to your thirties you dreaded it a little, thats life i suppose!!!
There are two things certain in life, you die!!! and the tax man!!!!!!

Amanda

I'm as young as my nose, but slightly older than my teeth!! That's all I am saying!
My Mum says this Sassy lol

I am 39.........40 in December its only a number ;)

Hi Amanda, My memory of getting to thirty was excitement about what life would hold next, mind you by the time I was 21 I had run away from home...got married to a violent husband...got divorced...had met the man of my dreams...been held hostage in a military coup in West Africa...was a stepmum to 4 children...had a machine gun held to my head and believed I was gonna die (and a few other things besides) so anything after this was gonna be a breeze...anyway, point was...40 was the same....what's next for me? What a journey, what an amazing opportunity we have all been given to experience life in ALL it's colours...roll on 50!!!!

Oops...bit toooo much info you think? Fiona x

lell said:
I am 39.........40 in December its only a number ;)
I hit 40 as I joined this site... I thought I would feel too old. Funny no-one seems to care about it here, and frankly neither do I. :D Ill be 42 in a couple of weeks and the only thing thats worrying me is all those Thorntons that will be coming to live with my hips!!!

HI

I am 45 in June, gravity has taken hold a bit and my waistline is definatly increasing, I blame my metabolism..........oh and the wine.............:eek:

im 20 and 21 in october yay.... party party party!

l will be 36 this April.
lt seems like only yesterday l was at school wishing l was older.
Now life is going far too quickly. And with two Children 16 yrs and 3 yrs im surprized l have any sanity left, but wouldn't be without them x

I will be 48 in July and hey it it is so true, life begins at 40..............So I have only just started living lol............
can't wait till I am a real grown up.............

fiona wallace said:
Hi Amanda, My memory of getting to thirty was excitement about what life would hold next, mind you by the time I was 21 I had run away from home...got married to a violent husband...got divorced...had met the man of my dreams...been held hostage in a military coup in West Africa...was a stepmum to 4 children...had a machine gun held to my head and believed I was gonna die (and a few other things besides) so anything after this was gonna be a breeze...anyway, point was...40 was the same....what's next for me? What a journey, what an amazing opportunity we have all been given to experience life in ALL it's colours...roll on 50!!!!

Hiya Fiona,
OMG!! i thought i had had it quite bad for a young woman, living with a violent partner from the ages of 17 to 21, thankfully no kids, but all the same fearing for my life nearly everyday untill i wanted to end it myself and nearly suceeded (thankfully i didnt), now i am happily married with a daughter and two wonderfull step daughters, but i do think my teenage (and best years) have been taken from me and i think that is one of the reasons i really dont want to grow up....................this is getting really deep now, we are all different and what some people fear some dont.......alll i can say is women like me and Fiona deserve to live our lives the way we wanna live:hug:

Amanda

fiona wallace said:

I salute you, to go through all that and come out the other end , WOW, what a inspirational woman you are.. i had a pittyful childhood, but never dwell on it cos as you said its a journey and you make the best of it..kinda puts things into perspective dont it, like when the car breaks down and you feel all down about it, i always think of the people who are so much worse than me and try to pull myself together... omg this is getting deep, lol take care xxx

well im 46 but with an ID like mine i think youll all guess that i am REALLY only about 9 (hahaha) oops forgot the 1 - no NOT 91 you cheeky lot

U Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!! Excellent.

Im 42 but feel and act 21 alot of the time unfortunatly (thanks to aussie sun)face says 52:D

33 in march:irked: .

Think I must've lost my 20's somewhere n as for my teens:Scared: :Scared: :eek: :evil: !
Think I'll just put it down to mis spent youth n leave it at that!!!!

Debz xx

I'm nearly 35 - how did that happen??!!! Really happy in my 30's, much happier than in my 20's..... Had my 2 children which added loads to my life. Worked full-time from age of 18 til December last year, was made redundant and decided on nails as a career - wish I'd been able to do it earlier, but maybe I'll appreciate it more as I'm older?

Yvette
x

I'm 30 and feel fine, just started my new adventure into teaching.

Latest posts

Back