Just spilt the ENTIRE contents of my Retention+ Need a replacement....HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Okay.....this week REALLY couldn't get any worse. (Well it could but we won't go there!!)

I have an interview on sunday :eek:...as some of you know already, which requires me to take a FULL working kit. Packing up my stuff in quite a hurry I managed to tip over my ENTIRE (half an 8oz) bottle of retention+ onto the floor, and dont have ANY more monomer. So dont have a full working kit anymore!! Noooooooo.

WHAT DO I DO???? Creative geeks, don't kill me now.....but it's looking like an emergency trip to Sally's tomorrow. I have no idea what to get as a replacement?! Don't they only sell Star Nails?

What a disaster. Please anyone......advise me on the best thing to do. I have a huge selection of creative and NSI powders, and I know you should never mix different brands....but this is an emergency. :irked:

P.S The longevity of the nails is not an issue, as I have to take a model for my trade test so we can just soak them off afterwards.

Last edited:
Will the place where you are doing the trade test not let you use the products they are using? Did you not even save enough to fill a dappen dish?

If I had some I would have gladly let you share hun.
Do you have any sample kits that you've put away and forgot about?
Otherwise I'd be honest and tell them the truth....surely they will let you use enough product of theirs for a trade test mate?? x

Unfortunatley, the trade test is in a conference room in birmingham.....the lady (actually think you know her Geeg) is a creative distributor in Cyprus (I think) so has hired a conference room for interviews/trade tests. She will prob notice the difference in the nail quality. I know I can tell he difference between a creative nail and any other brand.

Blooming friday the 13th!! I didnt just knock it over onto the table.....I knocked the damn thing off the table and onto the floor, melted my own nails trying to clean it up in a panic. (Glad it wasnt carpet)

I will just have to take some other brand and explain? The rest of my kit is 100% creative, with a few added bits and bobs from NSI and nail graphix....so she should be able to see I'm telling the truth?!

Unfortunatley, the trade test is in a conference room in birmingham.....the lady (actually think you know her Geeg) is a creative distributor in Cyprus (I think) so has hired a conference room for interviews/trade tests. She will prob notice the difference in the nail quality. I know I can tell he difference between a creative nail and any other brand.

Blooming friday the 13th!! I didnt just knock it over onto the table.....I knocked the damn thing off the table and onto the floor, melted my own nails trying to clean it up in a panic. (Glad it wasnt carpet)

I will just have to take some other brand and explain? The rest of my kit is 100% creative, with a few added bits and bobs from NSI and nail graphix....so she should be able to see I'm telling the truth?!

Can you email her and tell her what has happened? She may be able to help x

Can you email her and tell her what has happened? She may be able to help x

That would be the logical thing to do. Tell her you have had a disaster and can she please provide a bit of monomer .. I'm sure she will oblige. Do it first thing tomorrow so she has time to help you.

If it was I, I would and I'm sure she will as well. Most of us when we travel bring at least a Try me kit with us in case of emergency. I'd certainly never go anywhere without one.

Good plan. I will text her tomorrow....hope she doesn't think I am a product wasting, clumsy, nervous wreck!!! Because I'm not. Honest!!! hehe

For now.....I will go and shorten my nails as much as possible....because melted really is not a good look. Especially with the bits of paper towel fluff acting as nail art.

Good plan. I will text her tomorrow....hope she doesn't think I am a product wasting, clumsy, nervous wreck!!! Because I'm not. Honest!!! hehe

For now.....I will go and shorten my nails as much as possible....because melted really is not a good look. Especially with the bits of paper towel fluff acting as nail art.

Good luck with the interview

Absolutely good luck with the interview and take pictures of your work with you too. x

Hi again,

Just thought I'd let you know......I got the job in Cyprus!! And start in 2 weeks! :eek:!!

The more I have heard about the job the more amazing it sounds. I have so much to sort out before I go!!

I managed to scrounge some retention+ of a tech I worked with years ago....so got through the trade test okay. Phew!

So excited now.....thanks for all your help guys. Now I can have a nice sleep, without waking up in a nervous panic!! At least for a few nights anyway....then I will be worrying about packing!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
xx

Hi again,

Just thought I'd let you know......I got the job in Cyprus!! And start in 2 weeks! :eek:!!

The more I have heard about the job the more amazing it sounds. I have so much to sort out before I go!!

I managed to scrounge some retention+ of a tech I worked with years ago....so got through the trade test okay. Phew!

So excited now.....thanks for all your help guys. Now I can have a nice sleep, without waking up in a nervous panic!! At least for a few nights anyway....then I will be worrying about packing!

Yay you! :) Best of luck in the new job - how Brill

Karen x

Of course you did! :hug:

Oooooooo ... a real life changing experience! Enjoy it all and have fun. :hug:

Many congratulations :hug: Doing what you love and in a new country, sounds a fabulous opportunity! xx

Hi again,

Wonderful news, congratulations :hug:

Don't forget to keep geeking from Cyprus, so we all know how you are getting on. xx

congratulations xx

well done!! you must be so pleased - I am soooooo jealous!

Good luck in Cyprus xx

Fantastic news!! Congratulations on landing this brill job in Cyprus...keep us all updated won't you xXx :hug:

Hehe...I will be 'a geeking' from cyprus!! Don't you worrry! I'm more addicted to this than facebook!

Life changing experience indeed...and I'm hoping it may be my way in to the CND education world. Who knows. Anything can happen!! lol

How exciting! Well done and good luck. xx

Latest posts

Back