Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water ... I'M BACK!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you Sass, you deserve every success and I'm glad to hear it's all going well! :hug:

Yaaay! I've finally got ADSL set up in my apartment IN SPAIN!! So of course my first port of call is back to the geek. Boy have I missed you all. I've done a few updates in my journal when I managed to get into an internet cafe but thought I'd be naughty and announce my returns in the forums.

I am loving Spain, it's the whole new start I needed in my life and all that house selling aggro that I suffered seems a long way away now ... hmmm I remember all the journal buddies telling me that was the case!!! :lol:

So I am renting a 2 bed apartment in Javea, it has a large terrace and is brand new and really cosy. Many thanks for Gigi and her contacts for finding me the perfect place to stay until I get good and settled and ready to buy.

I've settled well into the salon that I rent space from. I share with two Dutch girls and we really complement each other well with a great laid back atmosphere. I have been doing mainly waxing and pedicures - had the bikini wax from hell the other day OMG I didn't know anyone could have THAT much hair. But otherwise all is going smoothly (If you'll pardon the pun!) I have also done quite a few spray tans - the awareness of sun damage out here is very strong - and I am hoping I have picked up a few regular clients already.

My dogs have settled well. Max had a great time swimming lengths in Gigi's pool, he had us all in hysterics! Tristan is already known to the vets! Had a problem with his mouth so yet another course of antibiotics, and a clean of the teeth under anaesthetic ... oh and he is overweight! It was really cute though because the vet gave him the hugest kiss on the top of his head when he had finished the treatment! Had a real struggle to get them groomed and I am hoping they will get done tomorrow ... if anyone can dog groom there is a real call for it out here, especially if you are good.

The language barrier hasn't been a problem as most people speak some English, and I hope to start Spanish lessons soon as it is frustrating not to be able to speaka the lingo ... not to mention lazy and rude!

So that's me, back on the geek and happy as larry in my life. So hola to one and all MWAAAAAH xxxx :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Good to read you back again Sassy. So glad you are happy and that things are working out for you :hug: :hug:

Welcome back hun ... glad to hear all is good! :hug:

yey!!! sassys back - open the wine! xx

We've all missed you on here.:hug: Glad to hear things are going well and you are enjoying your new home.

I'm so glad things have panned out as you'd hoped. Lovely to have you bcak.:hug::hug:

I am new here but seeing you everywhere Sassy ( I mean that in a nice way :D )
I thought I would take the opportunity to welcome you to Javea....:Love:
I have lived here over 6 years and it is a wonderful place to live....except when you have fireworks on your doorstep at 3am!!!!

I live in the Port...how about you? And where is Divas salon? I can't recall seeing it...

Enjoy your time here...and anything you would like to know about the place...gimme a 'hola' ...

Glad you're back- just in time for my holiday- Oh well, good to see your lovely words!!

wow your new life sounds fantastic!! Good luck in Spain! The UK is flooding left right and centre. You never know we may be following you over Sassy!

All the best and have fun in the sun.:):):)

Well I disappeared back to Blighty for a few days - daughter's Uni graduation in Leicesterand Acadayspa training in Leeds. A long journal entry will follow, but right now I am shattered as I got in at 5am this morning, and only got 3 hours sleep. It's good to be home though.

(mercedes I have pm'ed youxx)

PM'ed you back Sassy...:lol:

Well it's about time!! I haven't been on here for a while either but I wondered how you were doing. So you are now an imigrant too!!! So glad it has all come together for you!

Latest posts

Back