Luminess air vs airbase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauramakeupart

Reaction score
Hi geeks I need some advice asap as an amazing agency are interested in representing me and would love to show I am serious by having a good kit. I did airbrush at college and found the temptu too mask like, or maybe I was just crap back then lol. I am looking to buy 1 tonight. I like a good coverage but not caked, and also I like nice and fresh looking too. I mainly do brides and photographic, any advice is really appreciated.

laura xxx

oooh congrats! :)

Personally I don't really like Airbase, so maybe the other but I haven't tried it myself? I quite like Kett though, have you tried it?

oooh congrats! :)

Personally I don't really like Airbase, so maybe the other but I haven't tried it myself? I quite like Kett though, have you tried it?

hi :smack: , I had a looked and thought airbase looked a bit cakey, so I went for a Dinair in candy pink lol! here is the link Studio Beauty Kit - Airbrush Makeup Kit by Dinair . Apparently they are very good and they double up as a body tanning spray too and comes with loads of stuff :D , have you used this one? I had a look at kett but a bit expensive :( .

thanks for your replyxx

I trained with Airbase, so I have all the kit unfortunately - well in all fairness the compressor & gun are great value for money & not as temperamental as temptu ones that I have worked with before - it's just the make up, it's really not good!

So basically I'm sampling foundations at the minute, I'm gonna try the Luminess one now :D Yes, I've tried the Dinair, it's def better than Airbase, & I've tried the Kett Hydra Proof - seriously it does not budge! lol! & I have the oiliest skin in the world! & it looks better than Airbase but I'm still not 100% convinced so I'm gonna try some more!

Sorry, I've went on a bit of a ramble there, lol!

I personally recommend the dinair range, i cant stand some of the silcone based make up, it just looks so caked on and you have no assurances that your client cannot be allergic to it. Im glad your sampling the foundations this is what i would have recommended, you can always tell how flawless it looks afterwards! xoxo

Thanks girls for your replies, I'm so happy I went with the dinair. I have to admit, having the choice of ordering a candy pink one probably swayed me more towards it lol. Ican't wait to try it . has anyone spray tanned with the studio kit from dinair, and how did it go? xx

Lol I meant to say! A girl was selling the full kit for airbase inc foundations etc. So I put a bid on it and I text the number she provided to find out if she would post as I only noticed free pick up at first. I put a bid on it anyway and she then text me saying if I wanted just the airbrush and compressor it would be £80 as she already sold them seperately, but made ou there was no wrong in her listing, and tried to insult my intelligence by saying "no it is defo for just the gun/compressor! I text back saying "funny, it says airbase airbrush make up kit, kit includes foundations, bronzer etc! yet she was still advertising the whole set! Current bids were at £64 with about an hour to go yet she asked me to pay £80 minus all the extras like foundation etc! I'm pretty sure all the foundations etc for it are about £30, am I right? Considering its like a £110 more for a new one with a couple of foundations, primer etc it's a joke! I have no won this (full set) at 100! I have reported her to ebay! xx

You can get the foundations from Airbase at a discount if you're a pro, but not sure if you have to have done their training first. Each to their own but I like Airbase. Hated it at first though and thought it was cakey etc - but turned out that it was my beginners' technique lol. I use it on loads of brides - particularly those who don't normally wear make-up and want a "natural look". If it was cakey I wouldn't get any bookings! I also use MAC airbrush foundation. I'd like to try Dinair, and have also heard that you can airbrush with MAC face and body but have not tried it.

Good luck with the agency! x

You can get the foundations from Airbase at a discount if you're a pro, but not sure if you have to have done their training first. Each to their own but I like Airbase. Hated it at first though and thought it was cakey etc - but turned out that it was my beginners' technique lol. I use it on loads of brides - particularly those who don't normally wear make-up and want a "natural look". If it was cakey I wouldn't get any bookings! I also use MAC airbrush foundation. I'd like to try Dinair, and have also heard that you can airbrush with MAC face and body but have not tried it.

Good luck with the agency! x

If you do try it let me know how you get on! I'm looking to invest in airbrushing and I've got a brand new bottle of MAC Face & Body foundation at home. I tried applying it like my normal foundation but found it far too liquidy. I can imagine it'd do quite well for airbrushing.

Also, I have a certificate in cosmetic make-up but would I need to go on a course for airbrushing to gain some sort of certificate for that?

I have the mac face and body too, I do not like it, however I will give it a bash with the airbrush :) . I agree it is far too liquidy. I tried it on a bride and she hated it! (As did I). xx

Hmm, I have my training for airbase on wednesday, I wasn't awear that there was actually so much choice for product that could be used with an airbrush, good thread, have learned a lot of brands I can look into, I also heard that you could dilute the airbase foundations with the thinner/cleanser, if they were a bit heavy for certain clients, will be sure to ask all about it on wednesday

I have the mac face and body too, I do not like it, however I will give it a bash with the airbrush :) . I agree it is far too liquidy. I tried it on a bride and she hated it! (As did I). xx

Don't get me wrong, I love MAC, but this is the only product I've come across that I really dislike. I've gone back to Studio Fix but chose the Face & Body for a change thinking I'd get more for my money. I didn't find the colours a good match either. I even tried mixing it with another foundation I'd bought which was too light but it kinda disappears? Madness... looking forward to hearing if it's any good for airbrushing.

i bought the airbase make up, i havent done the training but do it on myself and friends and am doing a make up course so will be using on brides etc, i like it and i do dilute it with the thinner i havent used it without the thinner so maybe it is cakey without, i will look into other brands through as i didnt realise there was so many,x

If you do try it let me know how you get on! I'm looking to invest in airbrushing and I've got a brand new bottle of MAC Face & Body foundation at home. I tried applying it like my normal foundation but found it far too liquidy. I can imagine it'd do quite well for airbrushing.

Also, I have a certificate in cosmetic make-up but would I need to go on a course for airbrushing to gain some sort of certificate for that?

I don't think so huni, as its just foundation and you are qualified for that :). I did airbrushing but only as sampler classes I can't remember if it showed up on my qualifications xx

Latest posts

Back