Making the switch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I'm wanting to switch fron NSI to CND for l&p.

I've contacted my local beauty distributor, but they couldnt help me with a course. Im about to email CND Australia and see where/when/how I can do a coversion course.

In the meantime, I'm looking into practicing on my sister with Retention Plus liquid and sheer powder.

Any suggestions/tips before I start practice??

Hi. May I ask why ur changing to cnd? Have u used there products before??. I used them 4 years, and about 3years ago when the group went bust or whatever happened & I moved over to entity & have never looked bCk. Unless they have improved the formula, ul never get away from bubbles in acrylic with cnd xx

Hi. May I ask why ur changing to cnd? Have u used there products before??. I used them 4 years, and about 3years ago when the group went bust or whatever happened & I moved over to entity & have never looked bCk. Unless they have improved the formula, ul never get away from bubbles in acrylic with cnd xx
??????? Bubbles?
With correct MIX RATIO you shouldn't get bubbles.
I have been using CND for 2 years now and I can honestly say I have never experienced bubbles.
Jen

The only time I ever got bubbles with cnd was when I used popits. No matter how I tried, I just couldn't get rid of the little blighters! :irked:

That apart, it had to be something to do with your mix ratio or maybe overworking the product too soon?

Bubbles schmubbles!! :lol: Why do I never see bubbles? ... Why do thousands of others never see bubbles?

If a tech gets bubbles in any product then they are working it too quickly before it has settled, working too dry or too wet (and that is pretty easy to fix) or pat pat patting instead of pressing. All easy to put right. CND does work differently to some other products because it IS different .. and the differences are manifold and all positive.

In any case the OP would like to change and I know she will love it.

So the suggestions are here Jac4harry ..

1. Make your bead (and it should look just like wet sugar or wet snow. There is a tutorial hereon the site on getting your mix right).

2. Place your bead and let it settle for a second or two before pressing it into place. It works like a dream, creamy and soft.

3. One of the first differences you will feel, it how easily it files and smooths when you are finishing it off.

4. Use a light touch with your brush when applying (you will be used to having to work heavier with the product you are using).

I know you will love it and hopefully like many others you will never look back.

I trained with cnd products and i never have had bubbles,I know i am new to all this seeing i only past july last year,but i have nevr had bubbles.
sazza

Do what you find best for you and do not be a follower. This site is used so much to dis other products. I use what I feel I can work with best and give the best service

The only reason I don't use CND is because I can only charge £20 for a set of nails, so I changed to nsi, half the price for the products.
CND is a great product but like all the top end products you need to do the training to get the best out of them. While you are waiting to hear back about training I would suggest that you have a look at the tutorials on salon geek. There are some very good ones, for your benifit I would start with the one on product ratio. It explains very clearly how to get the correct ratio for retention +. Just remember to let the bead settle before you start working it. It is a lot easier to work that way.
I would also recomend buying Gigi Rouse book. It's written clearly, in every day language and is something you will find yourself going back to again and again.

You will love CND, it's a fantastic product and the results are beautiful. :) I did a CND conversion about 18 months ago and it was the best move I ever made. I am now in the middle of training for my Masters because I want to and love to learn everything about the products I am using. Oops sorry for rambling on, where was I? oh yeah I have also never had a problem with air bubbles. Hehe :)

I just started practicing with it again and am seeing air bubbles. I think it's because I'm not familiar with acrylic and work way too wet. And I pat a lot. Pat and poke. lol

I've been sitting this afternoon applying acrylic to tips. The longer I work with it, the more I'm able to tweak it. My last tips I did before I quit for a break were looking much better and there were way less air bubbles.

I'm going to hunt up the tutorials here. I finally work at a location that allows me to do acrylics and now I have a very good reason to practice! I've always wanted to do enhancements but was never in a location that would allow it. Now I am! YAY!

(And allowing the bead to settle before moving it? Yeah, that makes a HUGE difference!) I had to keep telling myself I have three minutes to press the bead. Plenty of time. :)

Latest posts

Back