Male facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Just curious about male facial waxing info that I can´t find in my text book.

What areas of the male face are safe to wax? Do men usually get anything on their faces waxed besides unibrows?

Hi

I know it's done but never done it myself, if you google male facial waxing you'll find a few links. Check out Amazon too as there are some very good books on waxing.

Regards
Deb

The man to ask is Axiom, he is the wax God LOL.

Yes, drop him a pm he's a really nice guy and will be willing to help if he can

Deb379

I have male client who have their eyebrows waxed but are too chicken for any other facial areas.

what part of the face are you thinking?

You can safely use hard wax to remove hair from just inside the nostrils and ears (rim, lobe and tragus, not the inner ear), and you can also wax the eyebrows, nape of the neck, plus stray hairs on the upper cheeks, temples and lower throat.

I wouldn't recommend waxing the beard or scalp - (a) it hurts like hell, (b) it can bleed like crazy, (c) there's a risk of scarring, and (d) it'll grow back patchy. The only time I've ever waxed a beard was to blend away the odd stray hair on the cheeks and throat, and it really does hurt like nothing else - the hair here is usually very coarse and deeply rooted (the only time I've seen a full beard done was for a chap with very fine, wispy beard hair, and it still looked damn unpleasant).

Andy x

P.S. Thank you Fiona and Deb :o :hug:

DO NOT TRY TO WAX A MAN'S BEARD!!!!

Trust me on this, I 'experimented' on Sean a little while ago to find out just how strong the Perron Rigot male wax was, I applied a very small patch of wax to his chin (about 1" x 1.5") and he almost hit the ceiling when I ripped it away!!! :eek::eek::eek: I only got half of it away on the first go and he had tears in his eyes when I told him there was still another half to come off - And the BLOOD!!!! It was really scarey!! It was everywhere! I hadn't damaged his skin, it was just the roots were so damn big! I near enough had to sit on his chest to get him to let me remove the other half of the wax. But when I did, and after I managed to get the blood to stop flowing, I looked at what was in the wax and it was SO strange! Like nothing I'd ever seen on my waxing course!!!

I'm not sure who was more stupid, me for asking if he'd let me try it out on him or him for saying yes! :lol:

I have waxed mens eyebrows before and that's fine, just make sure not to make them look like a 'lady'! :lol:

Jackie

DO NOT TRY TO WAX A MAN'S BEARD!!!!

Trust me on this, I 'experimented' on Sean a little while ago to find out just how strong the Perron Rigot male wax was, I applied a very small patch of wax to his chin (about 1" x 1.5") and he almost hit the ceiling when I ripped it away!!! :eek::eek::eek: I only got half of it away on the first go and he had tears in his eyes when I told him there was still another half to come off - And the BLOOD!!!! It was really scarey!! It was everywhere! I hadn't damaged his skin, it was just the roots were so damn big! I near enough had to sit on his chest to get him to let me remove the other half of the wax. But when I did, and after I managed to get the blood to stop flowing, I looked at what was in the wax and it was SO strange! Like nothing I'd ever seen on my waxing course!!!

I'm not sure who was more stupid, me for asking if he'd let me try it out on him or him for saying yes! :lol:

I have waxed mens eyebrows before and that's fine, just make sure not to make them look like a 'lady'! :lol:

Jackie

that is one time I would have loved to be a fly on the wall just to see Seanny face:eek: :lol:

Ooh yes I'd forgotten about your experience Jackie and poor old Seanny! Painful.

I suspect a man could have other treatments if he really wanted to get rid of it permanently - laser or IPL or do both do it, can't remember?

Deb379

ouch!!!! had a client who wanted the nape of his neck done the other day and that was bad enough, but his face, god i think i'd have tears in my eyes :eek:

Ouch ouch and ouch!!!!

thanks for all the interesting info :green:

yeah i wouldnt consider going near the beard or moustache; kinda like a facial bikini.

as for nose hair waxing, i plucked a hair once out of curiosity, never again! lol

thanks for all the interesting info :green:

yeah i wouldnt consider going near the beard or moustache; kinda like a facial bikini.

as for nose hair waxing, i plucked a hair once out of curiosity, never again! lol

The curious thing is: pluck one solitary nose hair and it'll bring tears to your eyes, but pull a whole bunch out together and it doesn't hurt a bit, Scout's honour! :D

i was taught that you never wax male facial hair

How do you even go about waxing their nose hairs Axiom?

You cant exactly put your fingers up their nostrils if it gets stuck, lol.

As far as waxing nose hairs, still sounds scary.

Thanks for the info :)

You can safely use hard wax to remove hair from just inside the nostrils and ears (rim, lobe and tragus, not the inner ear), and you can also wax the eyebrows, nape of the neck, plus stray hairs on the upper cheeks, temples and lower throat.

I wouldn't recommend waxing the beard or scalp - (a) it hurts like hell, (b) it can bleed like crazy, (c) there's a risk of scarring, and (d) it'll grow back patchy. The only time I've ever waxed a beard was to blend away the odd stray hair on the cheeks and throat, and it really does hurt like nothing else - the hair here is usually very coarse and deeply rooted (the only time I've seen a full beard done was for a chap with very fine, wispy beard hair, and it still looked damn unpleasant).

Andy x

P.S. Thank you Fiona and Deb :o :hug:

ouch a mundo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you even go about waxing their nose hairs Axiom?

You cant exactly put your fingers up their nostrils if it gets stuck, lol.

As far as waxing nose hairs, still sounds scary.

Thanks for the info :)

EDIT: I've added a bit to make things clearer, based on feedback from the recent 'waxing nasal hair' thread.

This is one of those things that is easier to demonstrate than describe, but here goes! :lol:

There are two ways of doing it, but regardless of which method you pick (no pun intended, ho ho) you need to use hard wax and apply a small amount of oil to the inside of the nostrils first (otherwise the wax will stick to the skin). Your client needs to be lying down for this. Do one nostril at a time, and instruct your client to breath through his mouth:

Method 1: Get a small ball of hard wax on the end of a facial spatula, insert just inside the very lower rim of the nose and press the nostril shut so that the wax is squidged against the inside of the nose. Keep the nostril pressed shut until the wax hardens, then (still holding the nostril shut) tug the spatula out parallel to the face (i.e. towards the feet). Don't leave the spatula unattended in the nostril, keep hold of it at all times to prevent your client accidentally knocking it.

Method 2: This is the method I use. Instead of leaving the spatula in the nose, press the nostril together slightly and run the hard wax around the rim (just the lower visible part of the nostril, don't go too far in). Ensure the wax overlaps sufficiently onto the outside of the nostril, as you need enough to grab from the tip of the nose in order to pull it out. Press the nostril fully shut for a few seconds until the wax starts to set, then leave for a minute or so until it fully hardens. When fully hardened, press the nostril shut with your fingers, grip the edge of wax that is outside the nostril with your other hand and tug it out quickly and firmly towards the feet.

A few words of caution: don't insert a spatula too far into the nose, and only put wax around the lower rim of the nostril - DO NOT GO ANY HIGHER! Only use hard wax, as soft/strip wax is a pain in the butt to get out (having said that, Anita (AKA Huberella) may be able to suggest a way of using soft wax as she is a whizz with it for all body parts). Be aware that the wax inside the nose will take longer to set than normal - don't remove until fully hardened or it won't come out in one piece. If your client has a moustache or more than a day's worth of beard growth, get him to hold a small piece of paper/muslin waxing strip under the nose so that you don't accidentally catch the facial hair - get rid of the strip once the wax is in the nostril and while it's still gummy, otherwise everything will be stuck together and you'll end up with a right old mess! Finally, nostril waxing is contraindicated for those with colds, hayfever, broken skin in the area, recent nose injuries or surgery, recent piercings, irritation, infection, etc etc.

I'll see if I can get a video up for this, as it really is easier to demonstrate than describe, but hopefully that'll help for starters. Happy waxing!! :D

Andy x

Last edited:
Only use hard wax, as soft/strip wax is a pain in the butt to get out (having said that, Anita (AKA Huberella) may be able to suggest a way of using soft wax as she is a whizz with it for all body parts).Andy x

Andy, this is the one and only time I will agree that hard wax is the only way to go. It is impossible to do this with soft wax. :)

that sounds truely painful andy!

I would not fancy that at all!!!

I wax my blokes eye brows and nose, the outside like.

And i try and sneak a few from his cheekbones, cuz he always misses them when hes shaving and looks a scruff! lol.

I also occasionally wax his neck, right up to his hairline, it apparently hurts like hell!

hes a hairy monkey!

that sounds truely painful andy!
I would not fancy that at all!!!
I wax my blokes eye brows and nose, the outside like.
And i try and sneak a few from his cheekbones, cuz he always misses them when hes shaving and looks a scruff! lol.

I also occasionally wax his neck, right up to his hairline, it apparently hurts like hell!

hes a hairy monkey!

Yeah I'd have to agree with that, the neck is probably one of the most tender areas for a chap to have waxed! The things we do in the name of good grooming! :D

Latest posts

Back