Male facial waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd have to agree with that, the neck is probably one of the most tender areas for a chap to have waxed! The things we do in the name of good grooming! :D

i do kiss it better for him after tho. :hug:

lol.

You will definitely have to do a video Axiom!

Thanks for the explanation, it was very interesting.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that, the neck is probably one of the most tender areas for a chap to have waxed! The things we do in the name of good grooming! :D

would you do the ears similarly ?
my hubby hates his hairy ears and they do nothing for me either to be honest:irked:

would you do the ears similarly ?
my hubby hates his hairy ears and they do nothing for me either to be honest:irked:

I apply hard wax in separate sections to the tragus, ear lobe and rim of the ear - you can't really apply and remove in the direction of growth as ear hair tends to grow in all directions, but you should be fine if you keep the skin stretched taut (pull the ear lobe!) and apply and remove your wax in small sections. Don't apply wax to the inner ear and be really careful not to drip wax into the ear canal, but I guess that goes without saying!! :D

I'm giving away all my trade secrets here! :wink2:

Andy x

Eeek! I could never imaging waxing a guy's beard hair, it's so course, it's got to hurt like hell.

Just as an aside for the ear hair, not that I recommend it.... my hubby goes to a Turkish barber for a shave....fantastic, they know how to shave...and wait for this, he puts a wee dab of something like surgical spirit about the ear hair, sets him on fire with a cotton bud...and voila...it's gone! Craig loves it, so better than me plucking it out!

This is one of those things that is easier to demonstrate than describe, but here goes! :lol:

There are two ways of doing it, but regardless of which method you pick (no pun intended, ho ho) you need to use hard wax and apply a small amount of oil to the inside of the nostrils first (otherwise the wax will stick to the skin). Your client needs to be lying down for this. Do one nostril at a time, and instruct your client to breath through his mouth:

Method 1: Get a small ball of hard wax on the end of a facial spatula, insert just inside the nasal cavity and press the nostril shut so that the wax is squidged against the inside of the nose. Keep the nostril pressed shut until the wax hardens, then (still holding the nostril shut) tug the spatula out parallel to the face (i.e. towards the feet).

Method 2: This is the method I use. Instead of leaving the spatula in the nostril, press the nostril together slightly and run the hard wax around the inside of the nasal cavity (just the lower nostril, don't go too far in). Ensure the wax overlaps onto the outside of the nostril, as you need enough to grab from the tip of the nose in order to pull it out. Press the nostril fully shut for a few seconds until the wax starts to set, then leave for a minute or so until it fully hardens. When fully hardened, press the nostril shut with your fingers, grip the edge of wax that is outside the nostril with your other hand and tug it out quickly and firmly towards the feet.

A few words of caution: don't insert a spatula too far into the nose, and only put wax around the lower nostril - DO NOT GO TOO FAR IN! Only use hard wax, as soft/strip wax is a pain in the butt to get out (having said that, Anita (AKA Huberella) may be able to suggest a way of using soft wax as she is a whizz with it for all body parts). Be aware that the wax inside the nose will take longer to set than normal - don't remove until fully hardened or it won't come out in one piece. If your client has a moustache or more than a day's worth of beard growth, get him to hold a small piece of paper/muslin waxing strip under the nose so that you don't accidentally catch the facial hair - get rid of the strip once the wax is in the nostril and while it's still gummy, otherwise everything will be stuck together and you'll end up with a right old mess! Finally, nostril waxing is contraindicated for those with colds, hayfever, broken skin in the area, recent nose injuries, etc etc.

I'll see if I can get a video up for this, as it really is easier to demonstrate than describe, but hopefully that'll help for starters. Happy waxing!! :D

Andy x
Oh I'm going to ty that as soon as my BF gets home

Great explanation there Andy, might give it a go on hubby tonight, might have to ply him with vodka first though! One other question, how do you price up these treatments xxx

Great explanation there Andy, might give it a go on hubby tonight, might have to ply him with vodka first though! One other question, how do you price up these treatments xxx

I list and charge nose and ear waxing as separate services, but you can do an ear while wax in the nostril is setting, making it a very time efficient treatment. It's difficult for me to say whether my pricing is in keeping with what others would do, but as a guide I charge slightly less than an eyebrow wax.

Actually, I’d be interested to hear how this compares with others who offer this service... :D

Andy x

Actually, I’d be interested to hear how this compares with others who offer this service... :D

Andy x

I would be totally suprised if you could find anybody else that actually offers this service me thinks, never mind to find the price! :lol:

You are unique in every way Andy!

i think it could be quite popular service for me, male equivalent of lip and chin for ladies, thanks x

Method 1: Get a small ball of hard wax on the end of a facial spatula, insert just inside the nasal cavity and press the nostril shut so that the wax is squidged against the inside of the nose. Keep the nostril pressed shut until the wax hardens, then (still holding the nostril shut) tug the spatula out parallel to the face (i.e. towards the feet).

Method 2: This is the method I use. Instead of leaving the spatula in the nostril, press the nostril together slightly and run the hard wax around the inside of the nasal cavity (just the lower nostril, don't go too far in). Ensure the wax overlaps onto the outside of the nostril, as you need enough to grab from the tip of the nose in order to pull it out. Press the nostril fully shut for a few seconds until the wax starts to set, then leave for a minute or so until it fully hardens. When fully hardened, press the nostril shut with your fingers, grip the edge of wax that is outside the nostril with your other hand and tug it out quickly and firmly towards the feet.

Andy x

I had a go at method 1, it was soooooooooooo easy I was amazed, & my BF said he couldn't believe how little it hurt. Will try Method 2 when it grows back.

What do you mean by hard wax?

I just can't wait to rry these out, i do have to buy hard wax thow...

Hard wax = non-strip wax (i.e. sets solid on the skin as it cools and is removed by hand without fabric strips).

The old style hard waxes used to be called "hot wax" - and it is exactly that, hot! Too hot for facial waxing, in my opinion. Seek out one of the new generation hard waxes that work in a similar manner by encapsulating the hair as they cool, but they melt at a lower temperature and stay flexible as they set. Any of the following are good: Perron Rigot's EuroBlonde, Lycon hard waxes, Hive's film waxes, Depileve's hard waxes, etc.

Reference from essential beauty supplies sell a great hard wax (peelable wax) which has plasticides that make it flexible, and is suitable for even a more sensitive skin, clients love it as it is alot less uncomfortable than traditional waxes and doesnt leave the skin as red, as well as leaving no residue.

ah Got it! I thought it was a wax that I had missed out on. I have got salon system for myself, it's pretty good. Although I do love depileve wax :) havent tried their hard wax yet.

Hey there everyone, i'm not a hair professional, just someone who 'experimented' and went thru this & would like to share the experience.

K, so tired of shaving as usual. I'm of east indian origin, so my beard/stache hair is really REALLY dense & thick!! Did a lot of research online and wasn't sure if I should've even attempted this to start with - lot of conflicting reports on waxing mean's beards/stache.

Tried Nair/Veet's strip wax - bad mistake!! Expensive, very painful, hardly any hair came out & ended up with the wax ripping off a piece of my face. (I had used these 2 products to wax other parts of my body with good results)

Then I came across this video on youtube: YouTube - My Turkish Beard Waxing
and this gave me confidence. (didn't know if that video was fake or not, as the guy didn't seem to have much hair to begin with!!! lol)
Anyways, i remember seeing Nair's Stripless Warm Wax at the local drug mart. Went and picked it up. This is the product that finally worked!!! Don't know if there are others that would do the job better, but the stripless warm wax did the trick.

Now, let me tell you, I did this myself (ouch). It took close to 8 hours to complete (had to take breaks in between to keep myself from passing out because of the excruciating pain!!!). But the results were awesome!!! Here's the technique I used (combination of techniques I'd seen/experienced at Martial arts & piercing sessions!! lol). I rolled my tongue backwards (so you don't accidentally bite off a piece of it) & bit my teeth together, took a deep breath & rip off the wax while exhaling .... oh btw, did i mention I didn't take any painkillers or skin-numbing cream prior to it???? (lol ..... please do anything u can to minimize the pain .... u'll need it!!!). Very painful, very frustrating. You have to keep washing your face with soap regularly to keep it oil/sweat free throughout the procedure. After the session, I used polysporin (antibiotic oinment) for 3 days to prevent infection & improve healing. Waited 24 hrs after before using an exfoliating facial scrub to keep the pores clean & unclogged. And that was it!! It works well! Very little breakout on the face which went away in a couple days.

Now here's the good part: it took almost 3 weeks before the hair started growing back (wow!!!! that's freakin crazy ....... 3 weeks of no shaving! unheard of!!). And when it did, it was, for lack of a proper word, 'baby hairs' like the hair that started growing when coming of age. The second wax session was eeeeeeeeeeasy!!!!! sweet!!! almost like waxing any other part of the body! And it takes longer & longer for the hair to grow back everytime. And what grows back seems finer & finer ... very easy to wax!

So, there you go! Enjoy!

Hey there everyone, i'm not a hair professional, just someone who 'experimented' and went thru this & would like to share the experience.

!

LOL.........You are one very brave person. Lucky you that the hair didn't grow back patchy which can often happen. Are you going to keep it up every month? xxx

that vid was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool ha ha:green:

Yeah waxing a guys beard aint a great idea.

I too begged my hubby to let me try it and oh my gawd, he jumped so high and squealed so loud! I actually though he might hit me. Oh and the blood! I used hard wax and the wax snapped half way so also took 2 attempts and the hairs that came out were so weird and thick. There were loads that were completely see through like fishing line but i couldn't see anything like that on his face so they must be under the skin???

Not a good idea!

I have just started doing the ear and nose waxing and i charge slightly less that an E/Brow.

It's amazing how people claim they can breath clearer & apparantly snoring was reduced. This is what i've been told i have no professional proof on this so don't come after me if your hubby still snores afterwards!

xxx

Latest posts

Back