Married or not ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Married or not ?

• Yes and glad about it

Votes: 100 62.1%
  • Yes but sorry I am

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No and glad about it

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No but wish I was

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Never wanted to get married

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Just happy being single

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters
I'm getting married next year and I'm really contented at the moment. Love is blind! :eek:

I voted no and happy about it because, even though Dan and I have been together 3 years, I am only 21 (he's nearly 22) so we're too young.

We have talked about it for in the future, (and i've even joked that if he doesn't ask me, i'll be asking him on 29th feb 2012 :lol:) but we have decided that it would be best to live together for sometime before so that we work out if we are compatable, or whether we'll end up blowing the house up, and I want a very long engagement!

How interesting this thread is and wonderful to read that we all seem to be happy with our life, married or not! think that is the most important bit about it as being happy where or who you are or being in a situation you dont want to be is the worst - life is far too short for that!

Me - I am happy being married (of course I had to say that - you never know who is watching........) no joking aside, really happy.
Seems not only on tanning am I the slow one as this is my second time around :eek:

The good thing is this was the best decision ever and would always do it again (but only with Collin) - getting married is great and could just plan the wedding again but this time somewhere sunny, warm and relaxing without tons of relatives and friends and things that can and most likely will go wrong.....

Having said that the Scottish wedding with all the bits and bobs and ALL the men in kilts was sensational!

How interesting this thread is and wonderful to read that we all seem to be happy with our life, married or not!

I agree its a lovely thread to read. I have been with my partner on and off for 10 years i am 24 now :eek: we were engaged to be married in June 2007 but called the wedding of and had time out - sold the house we shared and i moved away for a bit - still continued to see one another and have now bought a new house:eek: mad isn't it!

Would love to be married - glad i didn't get married first time though as things just weren't right :rolleyes: and we needed time to be individuals as we have been together for so long from such a young age.

Love him to bits! and can't wait to get married. Just waiting to be asked again hehe.

I agree its a lovely thread to read. I have been with my partner on and off for 10 years i am 24 now :eek: we were engaged to be married in June 2007 but called the wedding of and had time out - sold the house we shared and i moved away for a bit - still continued to see one another and have now bought a new house:eek: mad isn't it!

Would love to be married - glad i didn't get married first time though as things just weren't right :rolleyes: and we needed time to be individuals as we have been together for so long from such a young age.

Love him to bits! and can't wait to get married. Just waiting to be asked again hehe.

Well done and I think it was the right decision even though it was probably very difficult at that time but if things are not right to continue into marriage is probably not the wisest....taking a step back and working on the bits probably gets you one step back but 3 forward in the long run.... I hope it works out for you and that he will get down on his knees to ask you soon :hug:

Its so interesting to read everyones lives and opinions!! I am very happily engaged to a wonderful man and am desperate to marry him. He provides all the financial support as I don't work (although have got a part time job yesterday - woo hoo) including providing for my son as we do not get any form of maintenance from his father. My son does however think that he is his daddy as he doesn't know any better! I partly so desperately wanted to get back to beauty to pay for my wedding as well as the fact that I loved it and missed it! So hopefully I'll get my wedding next year!! xx

My relationship with my first husband was great until I married him, all went to hell after that and I left him after 4 misreable, confusing, demoralising, fighting, kicking, screaming years. My now placid, considerate, open and honest husband and I have never had a bad argument. Just goes to show that some marriages are definitely NOT a match made in heaven, my first husband and I brought out the worst in each other. As Individuals apart we are fine but together explosive and I must admit he still, all these years later rubs me up the wrong way.!

Omg this sounds like my story although I suffered my first husband for 12 years, married 7 :rolleyes: he was a complete A**hole! lying, abusive, scumbag and I would gladly stick a knife in him and smile while I twisted it!!

Met my current husband in an online chatroom while I was sitting indoors lonely with two young children waiting for my ex to come home from the pub - AGAIN! No-one thought it would work out, he was also married but not happy, we both cut our losses and have now been married for 5 years, together almost 8! He is my soulmate and we have never had a proper argument either, not like last time where we would physically fight! :eek: He is a fantastic dad to my two children who were only 4 and 6 when he took them on but are 11 and 13 now and call him dad. He treats me like a princess, runs me baths with candles, pours me drinks, cooks me lovely meals, takes me out and buys me presents... he is really my knight in shining armour all that was missing was the white charger! lol I would never marry again, only because no-one would ever be able to live up to him... I am so lucky, welling up here just thinking about it! :Love::Love:

Omg this sounds like my story although I suffered my first husband for 12 years, married 7 :rolleyes: he was a complete A**hole! lying, abusive, scumbag and I would gladly stick a knife in him and smile while I twisted it!!

Met my current husband in an online chatroom while I was sitting indoors lonely with two young children waiting for my ex to come home from the pub - AGAIN! No-one thought it would work out, he was also married but not happy, we both cut our losses and have now been married for 5 years, together almost 8! He is my soulmate and we have never had a proper argument either, not like last time where we would physically fight! :eek: He is a fantastic dad to my two children who were only 4 and 6 when he took them on but are 11 and 13 now and call him dad. He treats me like a princess, runs me baths with candles, pours me drinks, cooks me lovely meals, takes me out and buys me presents... he is really my knight in shining armour all that was missing was the white charger! lol I would never marry again, only because no-one would ever be able to live up to him... I am so lucky, welling up here just thinking about it! :Love::Love:
Hi Sherrie,
that is so wonderful and romantic and I am glad that it worked out so wonderful for you - I bet there is so many of these romance and fairy tales out there - we just need to let them happen!! Isnt it funny how the strangest way of meeting someone can actually turning in the perfect love story?
maybe it is because you have met "chatting" this way and not actually meeting somewhere that you could listen so much more to your heart and what was between you - not being distracted by any external influences......worked perfect for me too - just over the phone and fallen in love head over heals and almost married before even having met once :green: ops.....

oohhh I love reading all of your stories!!, some are so romantic,.

I got married at 17 , and got divorced the year after, best thing I ever did.

really thought I would have settled down and be sorted by now but I am newly single and quite enjoying being free. not sure I would go down the wedding route again, if I did it ould have to be for someone pretty damn fantastic lol xx

I clicked Married and Happy..........

My first marriage wasn't a success, I did however have 3 fabulous little ones. The youngest was only 2 weeks old when he decided he didn't love me and was off :irked:.

So at the age of 24 with 3 children I didn't have too many hopes for a new man, how wrong I was....my hubby and I worked together and when we got together he was only 20:eek:.

We have been together for 9 years now and although as Sandi said I do get my 'sharp implement moments' I couldn't imagine being without him, I love him to bits :Love:

Well, I've now been married for 5 weeks and I'm so glad I finally met someone who convinced me it was worth taking the plunge again. I've never had a moment's doubt about my husband and knew very early on that he was extremely special. It only took me until I was 48 to meet the right one for me, so a lot of wasted years under the bridge. Three years later and we're both intending to make up for lost time together. :)

My message is 'If in doubt, do nowt,' and leave marriage alone. Wait for the right one, if you're not entirely convinced and find yourself making excuses for them or compromising on stuff. I don't have to now and it's most definitely worth it. :)

Im not sure what to vote?? etc common-law marriage??

but I met my bloke when I was 15,went out with him for 6 months,then I finished it, and went out with a vain bloke for 3 1/2 years, then finished it lol, then when back to my 1st man and have been with him ever since,thats now 21 years plus, and he really is a diamond,loves me to bits, but we have had our minor ups and downs :lol: but I wouldnt want anyone else :hug::hug:

I think if we would of got married, then Id of had an excuse to throw divorce at him..

I was married for 6 years and have two sons and one grandson. I've been divorced for 17 years now and I can't imagine EVER doing that marriage thing, again. But, I've also learned to never say never. ;)

Well I have been married and divorced (one child) and have now been with someone else nine years (another child, mortgage etc etc), who apparently now doesnt want to get married at all. We had a "discussion" recently (because it had been on the cards for the last six years) and it was all provisionally booked, he then turns around and says he doesnt want to anymore (no reason, just doesnt see the point) - hey ho :cry: Mmmm, yes, know what you're all thinking - I think the same !!! :confused:

Married :D happier married than as we were before,and all that changed was my name. We had lived together 7 years befor we got married and we already had our son,but something about the security maybe ?? i dunno but i'm very proud to be his wife .............. 98% of the time :lol:

Last edited:
What a nice thread to read, and some lovely stories :)

I'm 23 and been with my boyfriend almost 2 years, we live together, share a mortgage and a little girl although she isn't mine but I love her like she was.
There are currently lots of cryptic clues being mentioned around me so I feel I may be a engaged lady before the end of the year :green:

Just happy being single :) But then again Im only 18! :lol: x

Hiya,

Married for 13yrs :Grope: and met him when i was 18

I love him soooo much, very happy with my man:hug::hug::hug:

Jenx

I am not married but I know my partner was going to propose to me after our holiday at Christmas/New Year. As we found out that we were expecting a baby pretty much as soon as we got back, it didn't happen! He has since said that it isn't going to happen until the baby is here but by then we will have less money coming in and more money going out so I don't think it will be any time soon. Neither of us wants to get married for the sake of being married before the baby arrives (a little late now anyway with only a month to go!) but I always expected to be married a while before having kids so kinda feel like I'm doing it the wrong way around. I'm not fussed about marriage in general and never really saw the need for it but think it would have been nice to have spent time together as a married couple before becoming a family. It doesn't really bother me that we won't be married when our baby arrives as lots of children have unmarried parents these days, it would have just been nice to have 'our' time first. Sometimes things don't go according to plan BUT we also know that if we had planned children it probably wouldn't have happened so its better this way! Marriage can wait, it will probably happen one day but for now we have a mortgage and a baby on the way so marriage at this stage is just a formality!

Met my OH 4 years ago, moved in together 3 and a half years ago, and bought a house together in January. I would desperately love to be married, but he doesn't seem to have got round to asking yet.

He's 27 and says he wants to be married and on our way to our first child by 30, so he'd better get his finger out! He's perfectly comfortable with the idea of marriage, it's the big day itself that puts him off. Neither of us wants a big wedding, but he still hasn't plucked up the courage.

Wish he'd get on with it!!!! :irked:

Latest posts

Back