Microcurrent machine from ebay.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone has bought a professional microcurrent machine or similar from Ebay? I would love to offer this as a treatment and as much as I would love a Caci I just can't put enough hours into making it pay due to family commitments.I know I can get other machines for 2-3k ish but that is still to much for the hours I'll do.Do you think this is a bad idea trying one from ebay? Let's face it most of these machines are manufactured abroad anyway! Or should I just forget the whole idea?
Thanks in advance.

I depends really who you are buying from and if you can check them out. You do take a risk but I sold a Sorisa on ebay a couple of years back for £600. I had paid over £3,000 for it and it was sitting most of the time doing nothing while I was busy with everything else. The girl who bought it was delighted with getting such a bargain.

I would imagine that you will be advised by everyone else here not to but at the end of the day it is a judgement call. My only reservation here would be that if you buy an unknown brand you could be getting anything. :)

I wouldn't bother.The public are often more clued up than you think and may well know you are using a cheap old machine from e bay .They often want to spend on the name, as thats what they trust which is where Caci makes you money.
Its kind of lowering your professional standards in my opinion.If you can't afford a decent machine then don't do the treatment.I also don't believe a cheap machine from ebay would have results the same as the more expensive machines.
If you think you may have a market or you have customers waiting can you lease a decent machine.Or go for galvanic and high frequency machines (from a professional source) which are cheaper and would offer you a whole range of electrical facials you could offer.

Sorry just re-read you are planning to buy a professional machine.
Obviously with this you take your chances on ebay.
The Guild is also a place to purchase second hand and look out for showroom demos from places like HOf and the hairdressing and beauty equipment centre that may be another idea.

I would buy from ebay, but I would check the seller's feedback first. Anything less than 100% I wouldn't touch. I would only buy a brand I recognise and make sure you can still get accessories for it, as sometimes leads fray etc. It's a very profitable treatment to do and there are dozens of reasons for selling on ebay: The salon may be closing due to various reasons, owner may be divorcing/widowed/pregnant/fed up, may have bought a new machine. It's not just old sh*t that goes on ebay. Ebay is the easiest place to sell as there are literally thousands of buyers. Go for it!

I had a caci quantum nicked during a burglary in april. If you see it on ebay lt me know! Caci do check the serial number of the machine before they accept you for training so be wary.
There are lots of cheap non surgical lift machines around (classified in back pages of trade press) How effective these machines are and what result your clients would get, I can't say.
You can rent a caci machine for a year to "dip your toe" and find out if it would work for you.

how would you get trained on an ebay bought machine? xx

Why go with ebay? I know you're looking to save money, but you really don't have to spend thousands to get a piece of equipment that does the job very very well. Also, you'll get absolutely no warranty with an item bought off ebay, and chances are it will fall into one of 2 camps...either it's been sitting in someones storage cupboard for years (And possibly it's been there for a reason - how many times have you bought second hand electrical goods only to find they don't work as they should?), OR it will be foreign made, of poor quality, and won't last you longer than a few months before it starts malfunctioning, or the accessories start to break.

This is something I feel very strongly about, as I'm sure you can tell!!
I've PMd you details of where you can buy this equipment far more cheaply than you might think, but without these risks.

I had a caci quantum nicked during a burglary in april. If you see it on ebay lt me know! Caci do check the serial number of the machine before they accept you for training so be wary.
There are lots of cheap non surgical lift machines around (classified in back pages of trade press) How effective these machines are and what result your clients would get, I can't say.
You can rent a caci machine for a year to "dip your toe" and find out if it would work for you.

^__^ I agree personally i would phone Caci see what kind of starter accounts they have to offer you at this current time (as its the credit crunch). They may have good finance to offer you or good renting options.

I would certainly go for Caci over any other machine as it's the best and most well known non-surgical facelift treatment and it's what clients will recongise even if they haven't had the treatment before. Failing that my friend bought a Caci Quantum from ebay about two years ago and it's still in great working order.

The foreign machines will not work in the same way as Caci nor will they be the same frequency etc therefore poo results!:lol:

:)xx

Please also bear in mind that replacement parts for the caci machines are hideously expensive. Plus the training is free if you buy your machine (or rent) through them, otherwise it's again hideously expensive. Plus until your trained on the machine, you wont really know if its working properly!

Yep Yep totally agree with Lauren and Persianista...but have to say have used Caci in past and totally agree totally fab! But i went with icon purely for price as the results are just the same! (Plus it is a UK built machine/product) i totally thought i was a caci girl and always would be... xx

I would certainly go for Caci over any other machine as it's the best and most well known non-surgical facelift treatment and it's what clients will recongise even if they haven't had the treatment before.

The foreign machines will not work in the same way as Caci nor will they be the same frequency etc therefore poo results!:lol:

:)xx

You would need to have tried all machines available on the market to determine if one is the best or not...Most expensive and most well advertised does not necessarily equal the best results. I'm not saying Caci aren't great, they are...but don't dismiss other brands just because the advertising doesn't shout about it!

When buying a microcurrent machine, ask what frequency and waveform are used at the deepest lifing phases of the treatment. If they can't answer your question, then steer clear! This is something you probably won't be able to ask if buying on ebay (Unless buying from a therapist who knows her stuff), and therefore you will have no way of knowing how effective your machine is really going to be.

You would need to have tried all machines available on the market to determine if one is the best or not...Most expensive and most well advertised does not necessarily equal the best results. I'm not saying Caci aren't great, they are...but don't dismiss other brands just because the advertising doesn't shout about it!

When buying a microcurrent machine, ask what frequency and waveform are used at the deepest lifing phases of the treatment. If they can't answer your question, then steer clear! This is something you probably won't be able to ask if buying on ebay (Unless buying from a therapist who knows her stuff), and therefore you will have no way of knowing how effective your machine is really going to be.

I have tried other non-surgical facelifting machines which means i haven't in anyway dismissed other brands just because there advertising doesn't shout about it. I feel that Caci is the best on the market and i am giving my opinion as a therapist that uses Caci on a daily basis.

I agree with Tia 203 i completely understand where you are coming from as i have recently gone mobile and wanted to offer micro current as a treatment, i know this will be popular and i will make my money back i bought mine from e-bay the lady had 100% positive feedback and was selling off all of her bits and pieces to do with beauty. machine was hardly used but a year old i was trained with the machine at college, i personally think that some people can bit a bit snobbish when it comes to buying certain machines or from certain places but i believe u can get very good deals as long as you do your research. i am hoping to build up a client base with the machine i have and then look to upgrading but this is a professional machine that i have bought and a very good starting platform for me i say go with your gut instinct and dont be afraid to ask questions i constantly pm the seller on ebay as i thought it was too good to be true, but i got myself a right little bargain hth xx

There are a few cheaper reputable companies. Ellisons do a version of microcurrent and why not take a look at Cosmetronic UK. I am thinking of getting one of their combined machines.:biggrin:

oh dear i was looking at back links i didnt realise how old this post was im guessing any machines are purchased by now lol oops

I agree with this there are equally as good machines out there.You would have to have tried every single non surgi machine to make such claims.

Regarding buying from Ebay I think as long as I knew the machine and the seller had good feedback plus I had the relevent training in the particular machine being sold(so I knew that it was working correctly,how to use it and was able to open an account in order to be able to purchase the relevent products that needed to be used with the machine,then yes I would buy it.

We haven't all got thousands of pounds to spend,nor do I want to get into huge debt at this moment in time.Accounts are ok but my old boss took over five years to pay off the machine we had in the salon,I dont want that.

I agree with this there are equally as good machines out there.You would have to have tried every single non surgi machine to make such claims.

Regarding buying from Ebay I think as long as I knew the machine and the seller had good feedback plus I had the relevent training in the particular machine being sold(so I knew that it was working correctly,how to use it and was able to open an account in order to be able to purchase the relevent products that needed to be used with the machine,then yes I would buy it.

We haven't all got thousands of pounds to spend,nor do I want to get into huge debt at this moment in time.Accounts are ok but my old boss took over five years to pay off the machine we had in the salon,I dont want that.

I total agree with this, and I certainly dont want huge debt! Id love to buy a machine as Iv taken on a new skin care range, (Environ) but dont think I can stretch to the Environ machine. Dilemma!!!!!!

I'm just about to invest in the environ range, and I have icon ultralift non surgical microcurrent, both companys agree that the products/machine work really well together i cant wait to see!! x

I'm just about to invest in the environ range, and I have icon ultralift non surgical microcurrent, both companys agree that the products/machine work really well together i cant wait to see!! x

and did you buy your machine from ebay?

Latest posts

Back