mini earthquake ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It woke us up ,we thought it was bad wind and went back to sleep lol

Same here, i had only been in bed a matter of minutes and was half asleep but so tired i was gone in seconds, i remember the bed shaking but in my dream i was saying to my friend how scary it was that the wind had got so strong the house was shaking...i then woke up as the mirror on my bedroom wall fell and smashed and my brother came in my bedroom shaking lol

Jeeze - the epicentre was in Market Rasen in Lincolnshire -

We woke up the bed was shaking, the dog barked, ran up the stairs, jumped on the bed and got in the middle of us!

My kids both slept through it.

I hope no other Lincolnshire geeks suffered any damage??

I said to mu hubby, 'what the hell was that?', he said 'feels like we've just had an earthquake, there will be an aftershock to come'. I said Oh and fell back to sleep!

Think what freaked me more was thinking afterwards how it must be during a serious earthquake - you wouldn't realise what had happened till your house was around your feet would you!

I cant believe I missed it all - never felt a thing and must have been fast asleep!

that was weird !!!

I thought a plane had crashed (don't laugh! we live on the coast and the RAF practice up and down the lincolnshire coast) I went outside and all the animals were going mad.

hope no one has had any damage xx

Think what freaked me more was thinking afterwards how it must be during a serious earthquake - you wouldn't realise what had happened till your house was around your feet would you!

Thats exactly how i was thinking...scarey thought eh.

WOOOOHOOO your in sutton just up the road from me! xx

yes me too in Rotherham! I woke up screaming to a large roar sound, the bed moving, I shouted earthquake get the kids.
My husband woke up, and he said I had been watching to much most haunted, and went back to sleep, although he did have a large scratch were I had gripped on to him, wow mad night

Well am I the only silly cow who thought it was a bit exciting lol

We felt it bad enough to shake me on my chair....
But me and my feller just did that ..slow sideways glance to each other and said .."earthquake"

the last time we felt anything like that was about 12 years ago, the was a gas explosion near by, it shook out to all local areas,

No I'm another mad cow then, I was quite proud to have felt the earth move been years for me :lol:

On a serious note though, I was bloody scared! my little boy said an elephant came through the window and moved his bed??? I think that was more belivable than an earthquake! that poor bloke from Barnsley, hope he gets better soon:hug:

My mother who lives in Bourne Lincs.. said her partner woke her up and said that an animal had got into their bungalow and she was asked to check under the bed and in the bathroom for some stray wild animal... this was while her partner lied in bed telling her where to look... jeesh... chivalry is dead isnt it.. lol!!

When I phoned her just now to ask if the 'earth moved for her' she had no idea what I was talking about and then it clicked about the noise that had made her go on her wild animal search at 1am.

They say it was a 5.2, one news report said it was the biggest since 1984 and another said it was the second biggest since 1984. (in England)

We have been in England for 14 years and I think this is the third one which has woken us.

The girls were a bit shaken and stirred LOL.

I woke up thinking the house was going to fall over! I've felt 2 earthquakes like this, although not as bad, about 6 & 7 years ago. Dont like them one bit, just imagine what it would be like if it was a major one!

Thats exactly how i was thinking...scarey thought eh.

WOOOOHOOO your in sutton just up the road from me! xx

I live in Sutton too. The bang woke us up and then the house started shaking. I didn't know what had happened until I put the news on this morning.

Thankfully no harm done.

I would dread to think what it would be like and of course I am sorry for those who have been more affected than us,
Luckily we werent affected, it was just some shaking,
Thats why I found it a little exciting ,
I hope it didnt come across as me being disrespectful when I said that btw x

I woke with the loud rumbling noise, thought one of the kids had got up to go loo. Then the room started to shake and Rob woke up. he looked out the window and car alarms where going off...all the house lights had come on.....it was quite scary.

Just been to the bank and the cashier said she was thrilled...."first time my beds banged against the wall in years"....bless...:lol:

Glad everyone is ok xxxxx:hug:

I hope everyone is ok :hug:
I remember the 1984 quake in North Wales....... I was a teenager then and it scared me enough to get me out of bed :lol::lol:

xx:hug:xx

Well i see on the news about this.....BUT i heard NOTHING !!!!!.....i sleep like a baby :lol::lol: xxxxxxx hope everyone is ok ????xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol i slept through the whole thing , lol thats what drinking stella does for ya , hahah

Latest posts

Back