Most Embarrassing Thing You've Done At Work or In Front Of A Client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniabailey82

Reaction score
What's the most embarrasing thing that you've done at work or in front of a client?
In order to get over my hair phobia, I thought I might share mine!

I was an apprentice beauty therapist, but mostly did nails and waxing.
I had a very busy day of nails, waxing, nails, nails, waxing and a spray tan followed by more nails.

After my morning tea break of all thirty seconds, I noticed people smiling at me alot and being significantly chirpy. Even on my lunch break the other staff seemed to be rather 'elated' in my prescence. I asked them what was up? I felt like I'd missed the joke. But there wasn't anything.

I worked my butt off the rest of the day, stopped on the way home for groceries and was VERY glad to get home for a nice hot shower.

As I went to take off my shirt, I realised I had a glob of strip wax on the elbow of my 3/4 sleeve shirt. I always inspect this sort of thing so I can decide how to best deal with it. It was then that I realised that accompanying the glob of wax was . . . a nice fluffy tuft of pubic hair!!!

I was so embarrassed ! ! !

But then I just got angry. The girls at work had not only let me get around in front of customers like that, but they let me wander in and out of the salon rooms coming into contact with all manner of things and people, rest my elbows on the lunch and treatment tables while I ate and worked, and the bitches had said nothing!!! And then I'd gone grocery shopping ! ! ! (I am laughing now, but it wasn't funny then!)

Needless to say, I now can't STAND the sight of hair anywhere it shouldn't be (drain-hole in the shower, the little off-cut bits that stay on you after you get a hair-cut!)

So come on, let's hear your very own embarrassing workplace debarcle!

I had a client go ballistic at me in front of the whole salon because I hadnt been there for her appointment. My staff had explained that I had been called to the hospice and that they had not known which Michelle she was (I had booked it myself) to call and warn her.
She decided to have a go at me for giving her a wasted journey and said I should have phoned her myself to explain and apologise blah blah blah.
I had been sitting in a hospice waiting for my darling Dad to die. Clients were the last thing on my mind. This person shouting at me the next day was the last straw. I went to peices and sobbed like a baby. It is the one and only time I have cried at work.
My staff took me home. I was as embarrassed as hell.

I had a client go ballistic at me in front of the whole salon because I hadnt been there for her appointment. My staff had explained that I had been called to the hospice and that they had not known which Michelle she was (I had booked it myself) to call and warn her.
She decided to have a go at me for giving her a wasted journey and said I should have phoned her myself to explain and apologise blah blah blah.
I had been sitting in a hospice waiting for my darling Dad to die. Clients were the last thing on my mind. This person shouting at me the next day was the last straw. I went to peices and sobbed like a baby. It is the one and only time I have cried at work.
My staff took me home. I was as embarrassed as hell.

How awful! :hug: Clients can sometimes be really mean. I'm not suprised you sobbed. I hope your clients felt terrible for doing that xxx

Well unfortunately for both myself and my client - I broke wind whilst doing a lovely relaxing massage! I spend the rest of the massage trying not to laugh and figure out ways of explaining the noise! We both knew tho :lol:

Well unfortunately for both myself and my client - I broke wind whilst doing a lovely relaxing massage! I spend the rest of the massage trying not to laugh and figure out ways of explaining the noise! We both knew tho :lol:

Ha Ha Ha Ha brilliant bless ya hun!

A fair few years ago now when I just started a new job in a huge super-strict salon with much more experienced therapists than I was at the time, there was one therapist that was the die-hard snooty "Top Dog" whos clients would barely even look at the other staff let alone speak to them! when she went on mat leave I had the chance to cover some of her ladies :eek: The very first one was a facial, I sat down on the chair reached down to the bottom shelf of the trolley, the chair wheels went one way, I went the other and knocked myself out!!!!! The client had to run round the salon in her towel to get help :o
We all had a giggle about it afterwards and luckily she kept coming to me but I never lived it down!!!

I've farted while sprinting up off my chair to answer the phone, right in front of my client who was sat there, she didn't say anything and luckily it was just a noisy one, i tried to make out it was my shoes squeaking.

Also i got over excited once when talking about something to my client and sprayed her in spittle, she also didn't say anything but i cringed for the rest of the treatment!

You've got to laugh it off, though i've seen clients do more embarrassing things which is always amsuing x

PMSL I just remembered a few...

Waxing of nearly half of and eyebrow by mistake (was a student), never saw the client again..

During a facial (also as a student) I had been told the wrong mixratio for a facemask, the mask ran into ears (as she had moved around and removed her headband) and couldn't be cleaned of properly.

And the most embarrasing (because I was not a student), having an old daylight lamp breake while I moved it a bit, so it smashed into the clients face, luckily she wasn't hurt and couldn't stop laughing...

makes me think apparently I don't do things in front of clients I do it TO them:eek:

Also, in my early days i was rather naive about how to act in front of a client, we all worked in a tiny room and there were 3 desks, i was sat back to back with a customer and was talking to my customer about make up. I stated loudly that 'who on gods earth would wear blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick, they want shooting, dreadful'. To my horror the customer behind me turned round and oh my word.....she was wearing blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick. She said very loudly - 'why whats wrong with it'. I had to mumble and apology and red faced carry on with my customer, i never said a word for about 3 hours after that. I did get a roasting off my boss at the time - but she was laughing about it thank god!

Mine's pretty minor.....

After lunch my tummy usually makes really loud obnoxious uncontrollable sounds. And it seems to wait till I'm massaging and everything is quiet. Well, one day, I had gas rolling around in my tummy....it was like an "inside fart" that rolled from one side to the other. But it really sounded like I let out a big rolling fart! I was embarrassed and just said, "Oh, pardon my talkative tummy, I just had lunch...." :lol:

OMG!!!! Thank you all so much, I can't stop laughing! Please give me some more!:lol:

Oh my goodness I haven't stopped laughing....My son has just walked into the room and I am in hysterics and he can't understand why! I explained about the pubic hair on elbow and now he can't stop laughing....He is 16. Oh my word...Not been laughing at all though so sorry to hear about your father parsianista...some people can be quite heartless and selfish..

I remember when I got my first booking...I was so excited but scared..I spent ages getting everything sorted, putting everything in my case..then back out to make sure I had it all..back in thy all went again..great!

Got to the lady, she was having popits for her wedding the next day...so we sat down, I prepped her nails...I was going on how it's important to be professional and how I love doing nails etc all excited

Got the poppits made sure they fit..fab...then wen tto get the Liquid and powder..only to find in my taking everything in and out my case I'd left the monomer at Home!!:eek: I had to drive all the way back home to get and drive all the way back..so much for the quickness of poppits lol

I could have died on the spot..I was devestated for days after..never wanted to nails ever again :lol:

I was giving a luxury massage once and was full up with a cold I had an un-expected snezze and blew a big massive ball of snot onto my clients hands. I was sooooooo embarased I think she felt sorry for me though all I kept saying was sorry and she kept telling me it was fine, after she left the salon she came back 10 mins later (me thinking she was going to complain) and she had bought me thorntons chocolate and told me to get better bless her lol x

I was giving a luxury massage once and was full up with a cold I had an un-expected snezze and blew a big massive ball of snot onto my clients hands. I was sooooooo embarased I think she felt sorry for me though all I kept saying was sorry and she kept telling me it was fine, after she left the salon she came back 10 mins later (me thinking she was going to complain) and she had bought me thorntons chocolate and told me to get better bless her lol x
luxury manicure i ment lol x

lol know thats gross !!!

mmmm to many to mention really !!! the really memorable ones........ tucking my skirt into my tights whilst going through my fur coat no knickers stage of my last divorce
and having my chair collapse at a clients house the first time I went to do gels on her !!!

the cable on my pedicure bowl got caught on a clients door handle so I ended up throwing all of the water in it onto their sofa and floor. I think it was more embarrassing that she worked with my mum. Everyone there at the time laughed but I was absolutely mortified. :eek::lol:

I was sick in the waste bin at the salon............. was soaking off a clients nails from another salon and the smell of fish was horrendous............ voila - one bin full of puke.....oh how nice!

I bent down to get something from the lower shelf and my pants ripped... THE whole rear end...... I had a Thong on so it was not like i had my unders on to hide my rear end..... but my nice pink cheeks were all a glow! Both sets.
:o

i once squirted a woman with the pedi sprayer. She was wearing a white skirt and I picked up the sprayer to hose down the bowl and clean it. When i did it slipped and soaked her to dripping! i was beyond horrified, and needless to say she never returned!

Well - having had a dry nose... while working on a manicure client, a very dry peice of "booga" fell onto the table - talk about embarrassed!!!! I knocked it off the table and made like I wasn't sure what that was - the client never said a word - still to this day I'm not sure if she was just horrified or had no clue - ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back