My 1st critique post, (very nervous)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Clarky

Reaction score
Black acrylic, glitter and butterfly canes. This is the first time I have tried this design, but it was really fun to do. Would love some honest feedback. :|

I love the design. Simple yet pretty and effective. I would definitely wear something like this for a special occasion. Can't comment on apex as it is not visible from the angle of the photo.

Well done.

i agree with mrs clooney.
i like the design alot,this is something i would wear myself.
your sidewalls look straight and the cuticle area looks good, but again cant comment on apex etc.. as it is not visible in the picture.
nice work though i would be happy to wear those.x

Aw love the butterflies :)

I can't critique sorry, but I have to say I really like them.

Well done x

Hi, I really like these, can you tell me how you did them x

Thanks for all the comments! I used CND powders. I started with a small black bead at the free edge which I dragged up towards the cuticle. While the black was still soft I added a bead of clear powder with glitter which I again dragged upwards, but mixing some of it with the black, so there is no obvious join between the two colours, (you need to do this quickly or they don't blend well). I then added the butterfly cane and finished off the nail with a bead of clear acrylic. Then finished as normal.

These are very lovely, and I have a few clients that will love these!!

Can I ask if the cane were one of those with clear around the design, or a completely cut design, if you understand...

Absolutely beautiful design, as others have said, cant really comment on the apex as you cant really see it but your side walls ets are lovely, i'd wear these definately!:hug:

The canes are completely cut out ones. I get them online from MY TINY WORLD (they make dolls house stuff, but they have twigged that the canes are being used for nail art too). They have loads to choose from and they are very reasonably priced, compared to nail art suppliers.

I love them the butterflies are lovely

think these are lovely, love the colour fade and the butterfly really compliments it well done uxx

very pretty design x

Latest posts

Back