My first set of gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliya

Reaction score
Hello!
Here is my first set of EzFlow gel nails on myself and at all :) Just to be honest- I have not taken any courses, just read forums and remember how profs did my nails on me. I had my nails done many times with different profs, but I never liked how they did them. Well, I did not want to spend much money too :) So, I decided to do my nails myself, so there is no one to blame.

First pictures- I noticed some imperfections: bubbles and nails are a bit too wide :)

You can zoom in the photos (top right corner).

Picasa Web Albums - Liliya - Liliya's Nail...

photo
Then pics in 2 weeks:
Orange nails-I buffed and shaped them, so they now look thinner and more natural to me. Also, there is almost no liftings!

I used forms and clear gel.

Please give me some feedback on everything you think would be useful to know :) Thanks!

what can i say hun....you know where you went wrong and i must say...i admire your honesty to come on here and say you have had no training.....

the nails look good and i like the orange ones best....if you do decide to do nails ...you must do a course other wise you cannot have insurance xx

they look good to me

Sorry, but with no training I refuse to comment

Where did you purchase the products from? Are you wanting to take up nails as a professional?

Sorry, but with no training I refuse to comment

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm also a little offended (although I realise that wasn't your intention) that you feel you can ask properly trained (at great expense and with hard work) and experienced nail technicians for their comments.

Last edited:
You obviously have a keen interest in this and I'm sure that with a few courses under your belt and adequate knowledge of your products you will be fine.
EzFlow run many courses so if you'd like further details why not look into it?
There are other things that you ned to learn along with creating nails such as health and safety just as a starter point for you.
http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html
http://www.salongeek.com/training/12766-learning-about-learning.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2642-onycholysis.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-saf...delines-avoid-overexposure-nail-products.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/3623-frosty-dust-man.html
http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/48228-salon-hygiene.html

ok, so my reply was a bit hasty, but it gets annoying when people who just wanna save a few quid and do their own nails , want advice from geeks who've spent lots of money training hard. so after reading Judy's very diplomatic reply i thought fair game, i'll write a nicer reply too.

yes they dont look that bad and if you are serious about this, as Judy said you should give it a go, there are plenty of brilliant training courses out there, so have a look on this site and decide which one to go for,

but i think if you just want to carry on doing your own, you've come to the wrong place, as geeks will get upset and not give you advice on doing your own nails, even with professional products, god forbid if something went wrong, and you hurt yourself or caused damage (which could be permanent) they'd feel awful , please get some training before you continue, otherwise you could regret it hun

I have been in the Nail Industry fo 10 years now..and have done many courses and was a CND Education Ambassador for over 3 years..then converted to EzFlow. You would think with my experience and skills I would just change over products and that would be it. NO...I still have done all my Conversion Courses in L&P HD L&P and Gel It! and Design.
I still learned a lot from these courses, and was motivated by them!!......we are all always learning IMHO!

From the orange nails, I can see you have a lot of artistic flair.....and are therefore probably quite well suited to EzFlow as we do love our artistry lol.

Your artitistic flair mixed with some professional training could be a good foundation for a great career in this industry......Go for it....and get the training, it will be worth every penny (dollar!)

Hey i dont know why people are angry and take offense! its really petty! im a professional musician, i didnt go on a course to get to that stage and i do gigs every week and get lots of yummy cash!
Some people need to be trained if they wanna work at a salon or if they wanna go mobile etc..

You should do whatever you want my love! It sounds like some people on here are kinda envious, i was gonna post my first gels the other week as im the same as you and i dont care to admit that im not trained, however, i am thinking on going on a course so then im trained in case i wanna work in a salon etc and aswel so i dont get judged. But im glad i tried it out first otherwise i could of gone on a course, spent loads of money on it and not enjoyed it and i would of wasted lots of money!

i love the nails you have created ! let your creative ideas go wild !

take care love :green:

xxxx

Hey i dont know why people are angry and take offense! its really petty! im a professional musician, i didnt go on a course to get to that stage and i do gigs every week and get lots of yummy cash!
There isn't really a comparisson between being a musician and working on the bodies of the paying public!

It sounds like some people on here are kinda envious
Envious of an untrained person using professional products? no... not at all.
Passionate about their industry and wanting to make sure that nobody gets hurt by having nails done by someone without training? You can bet your azz that'll be a yes!
Just my tuppence worth :wink2:

Listen to the advice that you've been given liliya (it's not said in spite)... you definitely show that you could do well in the nail industry, just make sure that you go about it the right way.

There's lots of help and advice available on this site and the members will help you all they can, providing you're willing to help yourself by getting some professional training :hug:

Originally Posted by alzy
There isn't really a comparisson between being a musician and working on the bodies of the paying public!
My Point was that you do not have to be trained to be good at what you do. You can be just as good as the people who have spent the money on training naturally. Obviously the training just allows you to work your magic on the public.

It sounds like some people on here are kinda envious
Envious of an untrained person using professional products? no... not at all.
Passionate about their industry and wanting to make sure that nobody gets hurt by having nails done by someone without training? You can bet your azz that'll be a yes!

Whats there to say that an un-trained person can not use professional products as good as you can? Thats recidulous! Yes ofcourse there will be people out there who have no idea what products do and could be at risk of hurting themselves or someone else. BUT most people with an interest are going to do as much research as they can to make sure they do it right. To me nails are more of an art form than a "Trade" or "Industry" and no art form requires training to express that.

Aslong as untrained people are doing nails for themselves or willing friends and they know what they are doing theres no harm in that.
Maybe Liliya just wanted to know what you guys thought of them from a visual point of view training irrelivant.

To me nails are more of an art form than a "Trade" or "Industry" and no art form requires training to express that.

I think you've just potentially offended every single professional nail technician who is a member of this site.

:eek:

I'm sorry but its my opinion i just find it a little bit irritating that you cant give artistic critisism to some one who wants it regardless of certification.

I did not mean to offend you and you obviously an amazing technition I have just been browsing through your work.

Maybe its just because I come from a very artistic background and judge on what I see rather than the persons training and I was very shocked with the amount of people who do not see it like this.

[/COLOR][/I]

Aslong as untrained people are doing nails for themselves or willing friends and they know what they are doing theres no harm in that.
Maybe Liliya just wanted to know what you guys thought of them from a visual point of view training irrelivant.

Sorry but totally disagree with your posts Nail Technicians work with chemicals and need to learn and know everything about how these chemicals work and in the wrong hands THEY can be dangerous.
As for doing nails being a ART sorry but yet again this is an industry and we work hard to get training and be the best we can.
If someone decides to do their own nails at home then thats the risk they take but to come onto a professional forum and ask for comments on what they have done is just crazy.

I think you've just potentially offended every single professional nail technician who is a member of this site.

Very likely indeed!

Maybe its getting the training though that makes you sit back and realise with hindsight just how much you didn't know no matter how well you thought you researched or watched the tech that did your nails and just how much you might have damaged your own nails or a willing friends. You can have a great looking set of nails on but will they last and whats the nail like underneath it all? Rings of fire laden or green? Been there, thought I could do it and oh so glad to have finally bitten the bullet and undertaken the training.

Liliya, looks to me like if you started training you could do so well! :hug:

I'm sorry but its my opinion i just find it a little bit irritating that you cant give artistic critisism to some one who wants it regardless of certification.

I did not mean to offend you and you obviously an amazing technition I have just been browsing through your work.

Maybe its just because I come from a very artistic background and judge on what I see rather than the persons training and I was very shocked with the amount of people who do not see it like this.

Peoples comments are also driven by concern. Its easy to see the potential Liliya has but as I said just now, under it all there can often be some badly damaged nails and you often only realise that with training.

JMO :hug:

Some people need to be trained if they wanna work at a salon or if they wanna go mobile etc..

You should do whatever you want my love! It sounds like some people on here are kinda envious, i was gonna post my first gels the other week as im the same as you and i dont care to admit that im not trained, however, i am thinking on going on a course so then im trained in case i wanna work in a salon etc and aswel so i dont get judged. But im glad i tried it out first otherwise i could of gone on a course, spent loads of money on it and not enjoyed it and i would of wasted lots of money!

i love the nails you have created ! let your creative ideas go wild !

take care love :green:

xxxx
Calling yourself a pro musician is all well and good, but im sure you would be upset if i whipped out my air guitar and kareoke machine at one of your gigs you would be a bit put out yea?

T

Latest posts

Back