My Mom Has Passed Away...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
I just wanted to update my geeky family to let you all know that my mom passed away last night at 11:46pm. :cry:

I was there with her and I hugged her and held her hand until she went on home.

She had not been doing well yesterday, her blood pressure kept dropping and they could not keep her heart rate and oxygen levels up. My dad and I had went to see her and while we were there she aspirated, meaning that some of the contents of her stomach had backed up into her lungs, the nurses were able to suction most of it out, but when I spoke with the doctor he said that it was critical and that from the fluid going into her lungs that she would have a pneumonia like condition thereafter. I stayed until they got her stablized then my dad and I left. About 15 mins after we were at home the doctor called and said she had gone into respritory failure and that there was nothing more they could do to save her, I called my mom's best friend and we went back down there, when I walked in her vitals were slowly declining and I held her and told her I loved her and told her that I would be okay, and then she slipped away. :cry: :cry:

I just want to thank you all for your continued support although most of you are half a world away you are all near and dear to my heart. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers at this time.

Oh yolanda hunny im so sorry to hear this, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take comfort in the fact your mom is at peace now and will suffer no more, you was there for her all the way and she will have known that.

Huge :hug: :hug: for you, stay strong hun :hug:

:hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about your mom Yolanda, my thoughts are with you & your family at this sad time:hug: :hug:

Thank you...

I know I was there when it happened, but it' so hard believing it happened. I know no one lives forever and that death is an unfortunate part of life, but I always thought my mom would be here. It's all so surreal right now.

im in tears just reading your post . you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers . if ever you need to talk then all us geeks are here for you .
sending you the biggest of :hug:s xx

Yolanda my thoughts are with you honey.I can not imagine how you must be feeling but I'm sure all geeks will agree with me when i say we are all here for you regardless of the distance.

lou
xx

I'm so sorry x I don't know what to say, you seem so brave, I'm thinking of you x

So sorry to hear your news Yolanda, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Yolanda nothing can take the pain away, but when my best friend died at 18 this was read at her funeral and I really found comfort in it ....

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.
Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918
Canon of St Paul's Cathedral

Take care of you hun, your mum is taking care of your brother now and she'll look after you again one day when the time is right ... just around the corner. :hug:

I'm so sorry Yolanda. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time:hug:

Sending you and your family all my love :hug:

As Pips said, she is free from all the pain and suffering she has been through recently and I'm sure it made her last moments more bearable to have you there holding her.

Now you need to let people take care of you for a bit after everything you have been through!

Take care :hug:

I'm so so sorry hunny. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I just burst into tears after reading this. As you no we are all here for you through this difficult time xxx:hug:

Yolanda,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time, God bless you and your family and may God hold your mum in the palm of his hand.

All though some of us are very far away we are always here for you!

Big :hug: and love

Teri x:hug:

My thoughts are with you, it's unfortunate we can't keep them forever........
anyways..... words will never explain
take care of you

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Yolanda xxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

When people pass on, I believe they are still very much with us in spirit xxx

Yolanda, so very sad and sorry to hear your news.

Love to you and your family at this difficult time xx

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time Yolanda:hug:
I found this Poem it was picked by the Queen for her Mother after her death hope it helps xx

She is Gone
By Anonymous
You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on. :hug:

I, like many other geeks, have shed a tear for you today.

My thoughts are with you at this hard time.

Hugs for you and your family

Raschel xxx

So sorry to hear your news :hug:

Yolanda sweetheart, you must now find comfort in the fact that your Mum is now painfree and not suffering anymore.

Sending love to you and your family xxx :hug: xxx

Thinking of you during this difficult time.
Sending you love and support, I'm so sorry.:hug:

Latest posts

Back