My Mum Died Tonight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
My Mum died tonight of a brain bleed, brain stem death I believe it is called.

She was fine this morning, we were laughing and joking as I straightened her hair. She had to do a stress management presentation in a town 1 hour away this afternoon and my Dad took her.

Apparently, she was giving the presentation, suddenly went silent and then collapsed. She was rushed to the nearest hospital. I believe she was in a coma at this point.

My OH, Dad and I have been with her all evening, but there was nothing they could do. She "offically" died at 11.21, but she had to have a series of tests and then had the ventilator removed, my dad and I stayed and held her until her heart stopped.

I dont really know why I am posting, I guess it hasnt sunk in and I feel the more people I tell, the more real it will become.

She was in no pain, and the bleeding was not caused by anything other than a blood vessel. So no-one is to blame. That is some comfort.

My Dad and I got home about 2am, and have just sat up drinking brandy and talking about how fabulous my Mum was.

I am 26 yrs old and have already lost my babies, and now my Mother. Life can be so cruel but I am determined to stay strong, and be there for my Dad, who has lost his lover and best friend and wife. It was their 29th wedding anniversary last weekend.

Stay close to your loved ones, always tell them you love them, then you will have no regrets. My Mummy knew that I loved her very much, I told her all the time.

God Bless.

Nothing I could say would make it any better, so here are lots of hugs instead.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

my thoughts are with you & your family at this sad time...:hug::hug::hug::hug:

My thoughts go out to you and your Dad

So sorry for your loss

I lost mine March 28, 2006 too. So i know how you feel now. She is in a better place and will always around to protect you. I am sure she knows you loves her. Be strong for your dad. My prayers is with you and your family.

I'm thinking about you and your Dad. This is so sad, it's at times like this when we really search for answers. Take time for yourself. Keep the memories you shared close to your heart.:hug:

Thinking of you at this sad time. Take care and god bless. x:hug:

Thinking about you and your dad at this very sad time. :hug:

oh sweetheart i dont know what to say, sending you and your family some extra big :hug::hug::hug::hug: and hoping that you will get through this difficult time,
and you are so right, life can be soooo cruel at times hun

xxxxxxxxx

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family:hug::hug::hug:

Thinking of you and sending :hug: :hug: :hug: at this sad time for you. I'm so glad you were close to your Mum and she knew how much she meant to you, that's lovely.

Look after yourself. xxx

So sorry to hear your sad news hun, my thoughts are with you and your dad at this sad time......sending lots of hugs :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm so sorry hun, sending you lots of hugs :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:. You and your dad are in my thoughts. Keep strong for each other. :hug: xxx

i'm sorry hun my thoughts are with you and your dad:hug:x

I'm glad you and your Dad have got each other to stay strong :hug:

No wonder you are in shock,all my love xxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry for your mums loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. God bless sweetheart. xxxxx

Oh what a shock to your family & painfull post to write. My heart is heavy for you today girl :cry: anytime you need to talk there will always be someone here to help support you, day or night.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss:hug:

oh sweetie thats terible news so sudden and unexpected too :hug::hug: for you and your dad xx

Latest posts

Back