My new uniform idea. . . ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shine_Studios

Reaction score
Im opening a new salon in a few weeks with a shabby chic / french style. I was looking for a classy / sexy uniform and i thought about a Black 'audrey hepburn' style dress with some lovely heels. Too ott or is this a great idea???

also, any suggestionsfor shoes would be good xxxxx

There is me and 2 other girls and we would be all matching xxx

Last edited:
sounds very stylish, do you think they'd be comfy and practical enough though ?

well the ones i have ordered are the same material as my uniform (skirt and salon tunic) so i thought it would be just the same as wearing that, just all in one?? so hopefully it will be!! just tho footwear im having problems with. im so used to wearing flats! x

I don't mean to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but as much as I love heels (And believe me.. I LOVE heels)... will heels look as professional as flats?.... ooohh can't believe I'm even saying this, but you can't beat flats for looking like a pro :hug:

Have to say when I had my salon I wore black shift dress, neck scarf and heels. However I wore my flip flops during treatments!!! Love rocket dogs as there foam so dont make a noise on floors and also soft on the toe.

You can get some great sexy shoes now. Any where like barrets woul do and go for a classic court, slip on but with a medium heel and perhaps patent.

I wore ones from irregular choice. Cant remember where mine are from but schuh sell them and they are gorgeous with bows and all sorts.

No reason to say you have to have boring shoes.

Kate

well said!! i am trying to love shoes (never been a big shoe fan) i live in flip flops which has resulted in 'foot problems' which can only be rectified with 'propper shoes'. I was thinking pointed toe black, or black court shoes. I really wanted some patent red heels but the others were saying 'nooooo we'll look likr hookers' i thought they would look quite nice?

And karen, i feel like an old fuddy duddy wanting to go to work in my slippers everyday!!! im going to trade the shoes in for bare feet whilst doing the facials. (no one will know exceot me and the carpet:)

well said!! i am trying to love shoes (never been a big shoe fan) i live in flip flops which has resulted in 'foot problems' which can only be rectified with 'propper shoes'. I was thinking pointed toe black, or black court shoes. I really wanted some patent red heels but the others were saying 'nooooo we'll look likr hookers' i thought they would look quite nice?

And karen, i feel like an old fuddy duddy wanting to go to work in my slippers everyday!!! im going to trade the shoes in for bare feet whilst doing the facials. (no one will know exceot me and the carpet:)

they have some nice shoes in marks and spencers that are comfy but stylish.

Im glad someone has bought this up....i would like to wear a skirt with my tunic but can i ask what you do about pedicures (I sit opposite my client with her feet on a stool)..

She would see right up my skirt ..... how do you do pedis in a skirt?

i always have a large fluffy towel over my knee whether in trousers of a skirt. So just drape and extra large towel over your knees. Protecting your uniform your client will think, whe really were protecting out modesty aswell! :)

xx

where did you get your skirts from??

please can you show us a picture of your uniform. it sounds fab and I am desperately huinting for pink wrap over dresses for our uniform.

tigi

I think it is a fab idea,
and agree with the red shoes, i would go for a nice red peep toe style,
new look are good for shoes,
they are not all like stilts and they have wider fits too for us that have lived a long time in flip flops and slippers, hth :hug:

wow, your new uniform sounds excellent. Where did you find the dresses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your uniform idea is brilliant, you drape a large towel over legs when doing pedis as suggested and maybe a tabard/apron when doing heavy filing.
I worked in a dept store and we wore our own clothes but had to be funky and I loved it - one word on shoes................. As a Nail Tech I feel it is my duty to have beautiful shoes and wear bright shoes, high shoes, open toes, boots, flip flops, mules, roman sandles..... any shoe but Uggs!

Go for it and have fun

Latest posts

Back