My New Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I am sure this isnt in the right forum but I cannot find where to put it... so sorry to the Mods in advance.

I have half finished my website.. I have my first part completed and have still to add my beauty and holistic site which will be linked hopefully in the next few days. I would appreciate your comments please.

theHotWaxRoom.com

looks fab jen
very professional and informative

i love the colouring and logo etc very eye catching

is this a spin off from your nail beauty and tanning? do you have a seperate website for those?

looks fab jen
very professional and informative

i love the colouring and logo etc very eye catching

is this a spin off from your nail beauty and tanning? do you have a seperate website for those?

Yes exactly Nikki.. my beauty and holistic will be linked very soon and this will look completely different. :)

I put the logo together... and my hubby has built the site over the last couple of days ... bless him :)

you go girl

waxing domination here we come !!!!!

Theres no stopping you now is there.

Site looks brill cant wait to see the beauty part up and running as well.

Looks really clean and very easy to navigate. xxxxx:hug:

I really liked it.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NON SEXUAL SERVICE
IF YOU DISPLAY ANY INAPROPRIATE CONDUCT, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO
IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE SALON

Love that bit !!

Its a great site...clear and easy to read, nice modern look. well done x

(spell check just highlighted from above quote INAPROPRIATE as should be INAPPROPRIATE) ??

Great start Jen - would be great to see some form of pictures on each page as I find that just writing can make it look a little boring (although we know it isnt). :hug:

Hi Jen,

great site, looks great, just like the others say. From a professional point of view some bits you might want to look at now (not sure if you are already doing that) is optimisation as having a good looking site can be great but it will obviously help your business even more if people can find you online!

i have learned the hard way that the text on the website is most important as this is scanned by the google spiders (bots) and they would want to find lots of content on the subject of waxing on your site. Its great that you have implemented the word waxing into your domain name which will help a lot. We had to rewrite some text to make sure that the spider can find it easier even though the sentences dont read as nice anymore :o((

Another thing to put in then is the keywords, phrases and description....

Not sure if you are doing the site yourself or if you are working with someone who is doing that for you but it might be worth mentioning that to them? They can also help you to submit your website to the search engines as that can also help to get traffic..... Dont get me wrong I am no magic but i have learned little bits and bobs and there is lot of optimisation people who really know their bit but also lots who will take the money and the site is off no wiser.

If you can get the traffic to your site then this fantastic looking webpage should also help you to increase your customer base, especially in your area as lot of people probably commute past or would make a detour?

Once people get to know you and your service it might also be worth maybe doing an online booking system as I have seen that with other salons and it seemed to take off very well as your clients can log in during the day and see what spaces you have available and book then?

Just some thoughts......cheers

Great start Jen - would be great to see some form of pictures on each page as I find that just writing can make it look a little boring (although we know it isnt). :hug:

There is no pictures for this site, I want it to look mimilistic and appeal to both sexes. My beauty site will be warm and colourful with a gorg picture heading that I have purchased to use. I am hoping to make that site more photogenic ... its going to be completely different to the waxing site.

Thanks for your comments.. I appreciate them.

Hey dolly your site looks fab!

It amazes me the difference in prices in different parts of the UK, to me your prices are quite expensive as where i am there is a lot of competition & for home based therapists we need to go lower! My eyebrow wax is only £3.00!!!

I make very little on my waxing because it's so competative although i have a larger client base than a lot of salons due to my technique.

Anyway back to the site, i would also recommend an online booking system, maybe even pay for treatments online to save them carrying cash.

I also have a mailing list where i can send out special offers to my clients.

I'm also working on a reminder service that sends out emails to my clients if it's been 5wks since last wax and there is no new appointment for them.

Just a few ideas

xxx

Hi Jen,

Not sure if you are doing the site yourself or if you are working with someone who is doing that for you but it might be worth mentioning that to them? They can also help you to submit your website to the search engines as that can also help to get traffic..... Dont get me wrong I am no magic but i have learned little bits and bobs and there is lot of optimisation people who really know their bit but also lots who will take the money and the site is off no wiser.

I am doing the site myself .. well my hubby and I are working together.. I have the ideas .. he implements them lol!! He is pretty good at putting code into place if someone can have the artwork set out for him to do..

If you can get the traffic to your site then this fantastic looking webpage should also help you to increase your customer base, especially in your area as lot of people probably commute past or would make a detour?

Once my sister site is complete I am going to do the full launch and get the search engines running.

Once people get to know you and your service it might also be worth maybe doing an online booking system as I have seen that with other salons and it seemed to take off very well as your clients can log in during the day and see what spaces you have available and book then?

A good idea Collin, but I think I would need to speak to clients on a personal note before booking a treatment, just in case there were any contraindications to them having the treatment, it would be quite annoying for them if they travelled some distance and then found out they had something contraindicative to their choice of treatment. But will definately think on this some more. I would like to add a booking system for spray tanning tho.. that would be kewl! :)
Just some thoughts......cheers

Thanks, I appreciate all your comments and constrution. :hug:

I am sure this isnt in the right forum but I cannot find where to put it... so sorry to the Mods in advance.

I have half finished my website.. I have my first part completed and have still to add my beauty and holistic site which will be linked hopefully in the next few days. I would appreciate your comments please.

theHotWaxRoom.com

*LOVE* the website, hon!

Makes me feel like I should get booked in for a defuzz....! :green:

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT xxxx

lol wot is a landing strip.

FAB in a word!

Easy to navigate

Easy to read & understand

Easy on the eyes

And very informative

Well done jen (& hubby) :green:

Just to let you know you have spelt Perron Rigot wrong on your faq page you've written "we use a very high quality Perron Regot depilatory wax" :hug:

Just to let you know you have spelt Perron Rigot wrong on your faq page you've written "we use a very high quality Perron Regot depilatory wax" :hug:

Thanks .. this is a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.. I will get it changed :hug:

It's hard when you've written something yourself to not just read it how you thought you'd written it! I did it loads on my site before my fiance checked it over!:lol:

Lovely website Jen, very easy to navigate too.

May you be blessed with a full to bursting appointment book, always.

:hug: xx

Great website. To the point and easy to use. Very unisex also.

Well done.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back