Nail art ideas for an 80's theme party?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dellaznailz

CND Education Ambassador, Moroccan Tan, Waxperts
Reaction score
Hi Geeky friends

I have been asked by a new client to do nail art for her 40th birthday which will have an 80's theme. It's not until August so she doesn't know what she is going to wear yet but I would like to have a play:green:

I can think of the following fashions for 80's (I wore them:green:)* Bat wing sweaters - the crazier and louder the pattern, the better
* Leggings
* Leg warmers
* Pointy-toed stiletto court shoes in neon colours
* In fact, anything in neon colours
* Acid wash jeans
* Jeans with cartoons printed on them
* Mismatched neon socks. One pink, one yellow - what's not to love?
* Shoulder pads
* Power suits for women -pencil skirts and big, boxy jackets
* Prom dresses - in the shiniest, cheapest looking fabric available, natch.
* And, of course.., shell suits! The biggest 80s fashion crime ever,no I didn't have one of those

She will have the nail art on her own nails which are quite strong and long so come on geeks what shall I do?
:hug:

ooohh pedal pushers, ra ra skirts...i used to wear neon tights to school with matching gloves!! coOL!! Creative Minx has loadsof 80's style designs, like the chequerboard. You could do neon nails with lightening flashes across them. Pink & black nails. Black nails with silver, chequerboard stylie. Red & white nails. Oooh, you could do fishnet nails!! Oh i love a good old play with my nail art!:)

dont for get the big hair lots and lots of hair spray

Black or white nails splatter painted in neon colors! 2 or 3 bright wavy horizontal stripes to look like layered scrunched socks ;o)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, I done a friend of mine a while ago, she was going to an 80's night. I used neon pink and neon yellow colours - one pink, one yellow, one pink, one yellow etc... then added black stars (rhinestones) to each nail. They looked fab! xx

When I went out for our 80's night last year I done neon pink, green and yellow, on alternate fingers then put a white lightening bolt in the top left corner, they looked quite good.
I think there might be a pic of a different 80's disco nail in my gallery that was done with an airbrush but I'm sure you could do something similar with paints.

Don't forget about:

-rubix cube
-pac man
-mrs. pac man
-MTV - I'm picturing white on entire nail with MTV & music notes on every other finger
-Song lyrics written on the nails from the 80's - like, We Are The World or Love Is A Battle Field, a word on each finger
-If they graduated in the 80's you could put Class of 198- whatever and use their school colors
-liquid paper/white out was always popular to paint on your nails when I was in highschool:)

Have fun with it!!

Stock,Aitken & Waterman!!lol! Sinitta 'toy boy' and who can forget.. Rick Astley! Fame! Huge mobile telephones, shoulder pads, Dallas, oh i know it has nothing to do with nails, but cool anyway!:)
Multicolored nails like a rubix cube would be cool.

We had a neon party and I had my nails neon yellow with neon pink tips - like a french, looked really good!

Latest posts

Back