Nail make overs ;)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thins thread just reminds me how happy I am I found this site.:Love::Love:

Love this thread!! Oh, I had a good one today. Should've taken a picture. My client was on vacation for 2 months. The gel was painted on like polish, lumpy uneven. And a couple bad rings of fire.

But another one will walk through the door this week I'm sure!

The worst for me, is when you have a client with ugly nails and that's how she wants them!

Client came in today for advice! She had these done in the salon up the road for £25. Calgel overlays 10 days old.

These were pink calgel soak off gel, white buff off "smile line" finished with glaze and go;) a cocktail of products that clearly did not work. Product all over the cuticle, and side Walls. Lifted, chipped and cracked!

When client asked when she needs to come back to have them redone the girl advised to "to just chew them off as they taste like sweeties"!!!

5ad6a2e3-3e2a-0514.jpg

5ad6a2e3-3e44-b5bb.jpg

What a shame!

I only had 30 min between clients, so only had time to remove, frankly she did not want anything back on.

I applied Lumos and Solar oil and she is coming back in next couple of days to get Shellaced.

5ad6a2e3-3ebf-bfc2.jpg

Such a great set of nails;) shame I had no time to treat her today to Shellac.

Nail designer with a twist;)

@ Natalyia - what would possess a nail tech to do that to those beautiful nail beds?! And what is that pink all about? I despair of people sometimes, really I do......

They will look gorgeous after you've Shellaced them, make sure you take another pic :)

Last edited:
Horrible! Who would a pink like that for french? Unless it was a request from the client to have a funky look...I don't get it. And you're right, her nails are gorgeous and look what that crap did to them, all lumpy and misshapen. Yuck!

The great thing about this thread is it encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone - all those wonderful and achievable transformations going on out there. Thanks for the thread x

The great thing about this thread is it encourages me to step outside of my comfort zone - all those wonderful and achievable transformations going on out there. Thanks for the thread x

I am so glad you feel that way;) you are welcome)

We are awaiting your wonderful make overs)

Geeks, bring it on! We need more fabby transformations;)

Horrible! Who would a pink like that for french? Unless it was a request from the client to have a funky look...I don't get it. And you're right, her nails are gorgeous and look what that crap did to them, all lumpy and misshapen. Yuck!

Doubt that it was a request! Client was shy to complain!

@ Natalyia - what would possess a nail tech to do that to those beautiful nail beds?! And what is that pink all about? I despair of people sometimes, really I do......

They will look gorgeous after you've Shellaced them, make sure you take another pic :)

Who know what possessed her, I just wish she would come across this thread and be ashamed!

This is such a fab thread, thanks for making it! i dont have any yet but when i do i will be sure to post them.
Love looking at all the pictures though, some of them are real inspirations :) Good work ladies !!

Here's one we haven't had yet..a toe transformation!

Excellent work! Love the bird on big toe;) funky;)

Thanks guys. The bird was her request :p I used acrylic to build these out.

I did a transformation today- the lady loved her nails (not by me) so I was too embarrased to ask to take a before & after shot. Now I am spewing because they really rocked afterwards :(

Latest posts

Back