Nailorder leaflet in scratch mag?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pips

Reaction score
Evening geeks!

Was looking through scratch today in my dinner break and noticed there was a leaflet in from nailorder.

Not one to usually be baffled i cant quite get my head round this "nail techs dream product, perfect smiles"

What is it exactly, how does it work, how long does it last? Has anyone ever used this product?

Was thinking this could be ideal for me to use on myself as a quick fix untill i find time to redo my own when the dredded nail growth shows.

it baffled me too,:lol: :eek:

It is a printer from what I could work out that costs in the region of £300 - you print off your designs then stick them on.

It is a printer from what I could work out that costs in the region of £300 - you print off your designs then stick them on.

It the other side to the printer, 250 for £19.95 or there abouts.

Ive looked on the website and cant see anything so still baffled as to what it is exactly :rolleyes:

Yes I saw that, not very smiley smiles. Reminded me of that nail varnish that Avon does that is a transfer type.

Yes I saw that, not very smiley smiles. Reminded me of that nail varnish that Avon does that is a transfer type.

exactly what i thought judy.
i cant see it catching on jmo

I saw these & thought they're not much cop!

Why would you want to put stickers on your client instead of doing a professional rebalance?:!:

To me, it would seem to be undermining the strength of the enhancement by not doing the work needed - a rebalance to...err rebalance the nail & structure!

I suppose i could see it as a handy thing for my own nail , as a quick fix, but then so is a coat of polish.

Had my Scratch today and I was just looking at them. I can't see the point of them, to be honest. They look naff on the leaflet, probably look worse in reality. Can't imagine they'll catch on somehow!!

I suppose i could see it as a handy thing for my own nail , as a quick fix, but then so is a coat of polish.

Quick fix on my own to put me on is what i was thinking...(dont do full nail polished as it doesnt look right on me) nothing worse than doing a clients nails and your own are in a mess lol

When I did some training with Nailorder, the tutor/inventor of this product did us a mini-demo.
It seemed a lot like "fablon", the sticky-backed, slightly rubbery pvc type stuff for lining your cupboards etc;..;lol
You just stick the pre-cut strip on the tip/smile line area, buff off the excess at the free edge, & Bobs yer uncle.
Cant remember if you could overlay it though :confused: ,
to remove, buff off with your file.

Quick fix on my own to put me on is what i was thinking...(dont do full nail polished as it doesnt look right on me) nothing worse than doing a clients nails and your own are in a mess lol

That's true!

You could always give them a quickie over with the french white
& top coat.
Or a quick slick over the smile line area with a silver glitter striper!:wink2:

I'm unsure how these stickers would look, and how fiddly??

You just stick the pre-cut strip on the tip/smile line area, buff off the excess at the free edge, & Bobs yer uncle.
Cant remember if you could overlay it though

Wouldnt go to the trouble of trying that ruth lol

You could always give them a quickie over with the french white
& top coat.
Or a quick slick over the smile line area with a silver glitter striper!

I could bev but cant do my right hand lol

I think my quick fix could end up taking longer than a new set of nails lol I imagine they could be very fiddly to do.

Ah well back to the drawing board :irked:

I saw this and was dying to get on here to post about it!

I think they're awful!

They look really false, you can hardly call them smiles as they virtually go straight across the nail! And whaty a COP OUT!!! It says its a great way to re-do smiles from white tips! (not a big fan of white tips so here we go!) If anyone wants to call themselves a nail tech who can't create a smile line with white powder or gel, they need to forget it altogether.:mad: I know white tips can be handy when first starting out and practicing your smiles so I'm not knocking that at all, BUT.. this is just a joke! How will anyone ever learn the art of enhancements (properly) if these silly sort of things keep popping up?!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phew! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Now you can all shout at me! xx:)

Just my opinion but I think they look awful - like something designed for young girls that you could buy in a cheap chemist. I can see where this might work as a retail product but NOT a professional salon product.
I cant think that any professional Nail Technician would seriously consider buying this?

edit - Hey Claireamy great minds think alike!

Anyway Pips, from what I've seen on here of your nails, they are absolutely beautiful - i can hardly imagine that they'd grow out looking 'tatty!':lol:

I suppose your right tho, quicker to rebal then faff about!!

I saw this and was dying to get on here to post about it!

I think they're awful!

They look really false, you can hardly call them smiles as they virtually go straight across the nail! And whaty a COP OUT!!! It says its a great way to re-do smiles from white tips! (not a big fan of white tips so here we go!) If anyone wants to call themselves a nail tech who can't create a smile line with white powder or gel, they need to forget it altogether.:mad: I know white tips can be handy when first starting out and practicing your smiles so I'm not knocking that at all, BUT.. this is just a joke! How will anyone ever learn the art of enhancements (properly) if these silly sort of things keep popping up?!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phew! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Now you can all shout at me! xx:)

Totally Agree.:lol: :!: :lol:
Hardly a professional's choice!

Wouldnt go to the trouble of trying that ruth lol
I definately didnt look like a one handed operation!
They looked okay, I suppose, :lol: , but they are'nt something I've been eagerley anticipating since the demo thingy,lol.
I imagine they'll be popular among impressionable newer techs.

Anyway Pips, from what I've seen on here of your nails, they are absolutely beautiful - i can hardly imagine that they'd grow out looking 'tatty!

Awww thanks bev :hug:

And no i wasnt concidering buting them to use on my clients lol (only myself:rolleyes: ) Joke joke!!

I was just intreagued as to what they was made of and to what purpose they would serve really, like alot have said, they are awfull, no shape to them and probably alot of messing about.

Just my opinion but I think they look awful - like something designed for young girls that you could buy in a cheap chemist. I can see where this might work as a retail product but NOT a professional salon product.
I cant think that any professional Nail Technician would seriously consider buying this?

edit - Hey Claireamy great minds think alike!

Obviously, brilliant minds!! xx

Are they for retail or for techs to use?? I didn't like them but then again you guys know I tend to wield my honesty like a blunt instrument.:eek:
jmho

Latest posts

Back