Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
Do you "enhance" your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

Do you enjoy doing your own nails?
If someone else does them for you why is that?

I personally have someone else do them becuase I have sculptered nails and the lady who does mine is fantastic and my nails always look lovely :)

somebody else does mine beacause i'm not a nail technician, i'm a beauty therapist!:)

I do my own.

Getting really fed up of it though.

Fairly new at all this and doing my own is really difficult! plus it takes forever...

Can never quite get my smiles right on my "wrong" hand and the time before last when i done them, they were all flat!

Normally do pink and whites on myself, but have recently started to just rebalance with pink and wear polish all the time. Feels like a nice change at the moment and so much easier for me. I could never file my whites down properly on myself for rebalancing. Always ended up filing most of the product off of the whole nail and starting again!

Want to get them done by someone else, but money is tight at the moment so will wait till finances sort themselves out. Cheaper for me to do them.

ive done my own nails for about the last 2years.i started doing my own nails because i wasnt happy with where i had been going.i paid to have them done and i hated them.i like the shape of my nails to be square and when i came out they werent square at all.i dont really know what shape they were.so my mum told me to try and do my own,and i did.i love the compliments i get and i love to be able to say that i did them myself,including my nail art.:)

I do my own nails all the time. Mainly so i can try out designs on myself and show off what i can do.

I can honestly say, i don't always feel like doing my own, but i always try and keep them looking good as they are my advert.

There are times i just don't feel like doing them and wish someone else would do them. I have to say though i have only one person who does mine very rarely as i am so fussy when it comes to mine.

I would love Antony Buckley to do a fullset of L&P design nails on me though.:)

I love doing nails but I hate doing my own nails - I find it really fiddly and annoying so I never do my own! And I'm terrible at doing my right hand anyway :green:

I do my own as they are a great advert for business. For clients who have no imagination, I often get "I want nails like yours" so it does pay off.

I am thinking of training my husband, but that's another story!

Eva

I do my own but I don't enjoy it. I love doing other people's nails but mine are a bind.

I've never had my nails done by anyone else!

Have picked up clients who ask who does my nails so it is a good advert!

I couldn't bear to advertise someone else's work!

i have always done my own though they havent always come out right!!!!. I have also now mastered doing my own quicker and sometimes even better (smile lines) then doing someone elses which is crazy!!!

i do my left hand myself and my sister does my right hand!!!!! :p

it used to take me two hours but the more i did my own nails the faster i got. now it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes depending on what i decide to do. keep on practicing and youll get better and faster.

I do my own, but thats because I get bored of them or I need to whip them off for something like camping lol. I have someone to gel my toes though as I find it hard to achieve good results whilst doubled up! Also more relaxing I love my feet being done! :green:

well....I do my left hand (cos i am right handed) and i get my good friend katie to do my other hand cos they i cannot and will not do them! takes me forever,they look cr@p and always lift! :(

i can do my own but get in a right mess,i'm left handed so when it comes to putting tips on my left hand and putting the silk overlay on it takes me about 2 and a half hours,would love to have them done but just can't afford it,so i don't wear any enhancements at the moment,thought natural nails would be better than messy nails.If anyone has any tips on how to do your own nails i would love to hear them.xxx

I do my own and it does my head in!
The bit I hate most is the prep - which is odd as I love doing the prep work on my clients. I just find it very boring and uncomfortable - I get cramp!?

As much as I wanted to pay another tech when I started out, I am glad that I have had to do my own so far.
I think I have managed to learn and improve so much quicker than I would have done by doing my own nails......... I have a very long way to go yet, but they get better every time.

ive always done my own, except at college when you have to practice on each other. Not a great fan of letting people do my nails, i tend to feel clostraphobic n want to finish them off myself (even tho i absolutely hate filling my left hand)

I usually do a new set on myself every 2 weeks tho cos i cant do my own infils, and usually i change my mind about the colour of the acrylic im wearing oops :o

Do you "enhance" your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

Do you enjoy doing your own nails?
If someone else does them for you why is that?

I personally have someone else do them becuase I have sculptered nails and the lady who does mine is fantastic and my nails always look lovely :)

I do my own nails. I am too picky to have someone else do them.:lol:

I always do my own as I'm so picky! :lol: I'd be a nightmare client for the technician if I had them done by someone else! I actually enjoy doing my own though, i like trying out and experimenting with new designs and techniques.

I always do my own i'm to finiky!!

i figured out that if i do extreme dip system on me its easier to do them myself but it takes so much work to fill them in if i do pink and whites. i also dont like that grungy feeling when i need a new set but dont wanna quit too soon, plus at work my hands get so dry that that doesnt help not taking care of them. i dont like typing with them eithere but when i make them too short they just look too boyish so i give em a break and another day i will get bitten by a different bug.
also doing my own pedicure is such a pain. that i pay someone to do but im too afraid of catching something, so a little touch up here and there with the red file works for me. there's nothing like getting pampered once in a while.

Latest posts

Back