National safe tan day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can even see if celebreties are wanting to do this Im sure the media will help :hug:

hi count me in as well Im all for safe tanning.

If we get about 5-6 people from different backgrounds that can do various different roles then wouldnt it be worth having a meet to brainstorm so to speak and organise this.

It needs to be totally organised, but also differnt roles would have to be assigned to different people. There no point 3-4 people calling the same companies about the same things with different theories or it will just collapse.

I think getting companies to give away 'free' tan is a hard sell! What we need to do is get these companies instead to provide FREE marketing material and also help with the PR. They could also offer specials on the tan for that week specifically. These companies need to make some prof cover their own overheads too.
Tans should be offered at enough to cover the cost of the liquid, plus a nominal amount for charity - say £1 per tan which if 100 therapists joined in and each did ten tans that could raise £1000.

The girls involved would need to be taught marketing skills so that they are helped to retain that client for profit. So for example they have vouchers offering clients there 2nd tan at 50% off, their 3rd for 30% off, their 4th for 20% off etc so they get continued value out of the promotion.

Because its a charity their has to be some monitoring. A website of therapists involved would need to be set up. And we would need some sort of infostructure to get the money sent in for the charity. Perhaps a prize draw for the therapists for each £1 they send in to win something off their tanning provider like tanning solution etc.

There is a lot to consider. But it can be done with the right people, the right contacts and a good plan of action!

Kate

i have organised for website as you have suggested and this should be live sometime over the weekend i have asked for an area that we can log onto and discuss the organisation of the event. I will let you know the address and details as soon as i have them and then we can at least get an organisational structure in place. Update soon as I can

Definately count me in!

Hi Fanella, as requested site is now set up at Safetansummer.com and therapists can register for the forum at the link at the bottom of the page.
This is just a draft to get things moving, let me know your opinions.
:lol:

I've joined the forum, great idea, if I can be any help will definatly join in!

becki

Yep i have joined too :hug:

Hi, Don't forget to click the link in your email to validate your registration.

I've joined the forum and have put a link on my website to Safe Tan Summer

xx

I haven't received my email yet but I hope I have put my email address in right! Lol! It wouldn't be ther first time I hadn't! Lx:eek:

I haven't received my email yet but I hope I have put my email address in right! Lol! It wouldn't be ther first time I hadn't! Lx:eek:

hiya know that feeling!! Try to log in and see what happens

this is brilliant guys thanks for your support looks it could be a huge success!!

i have received an email sking if this campaign is restricted to the UK and I'm sure the answer would be no as sometime this week campaign introductory letters will be posted on the site and also vouchers encouraging clients to return as suggested earlier on this thread so we can also post the press releases for newspapers which can also be printed off and sent out to your local/regional/national papers infact anywhere you like I suppose. Neither is it restricted to spray tanning it is for anyone retailing sun protection or with salon treatments offering manual tanning or self tan retail products, the campaign is open to everyone promoting safety in the sun. I will update as and when I have more info, currently talking or at least later on today will be discussing the possibility of free advertising for all participating salons on a beauty website.

I've joined the forum and have put a link on my website to Safe Tan Summer

xx

this is great news Jennykins if you can let me have your web address i will do the dame for you on my website
thanks
fiona

I tried logging in and it worked! They obviously decided I was trustworthy enough to not need the email bit! Lol Lx:lol:

Ive also joined the forum, great idea.:)

Great news girls Sienna-X are happy to spport the campaign and Fiona will be speaking with them tomorrow to find out what they are going to offer-good news for everyone using this product knowing you are guaranteed support- will update tomorrow when I have had more news

I am now signed up for the forum and will be happy to help out. Its a great idea. X

If there is anything I can do to help just let me know! I'm up for almost anything to help make this work! Lx

Only just seen this and think its a great idea. I will have a look at the website and join in with whatever happens. I'm fairly used to dealing with press and also a copywriter and journalist in another field of business so please shout if you need any help on that score.

Latest posts

Back