Need help to buy kits (acrylic)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum25louise

Reaction score
hi all can anyone tell me where to buy a kit from to start off do acrylic tips as im learning and start my course soon with cnd :)
so want to be ready , need everything you would need as a nail tec ! anyone ?
also where to get good brushs and sanitizer ect..

You should get most things, especially a brush and hand sanitizer in your CND kit. The only things I think you should need are tools - cuticle pusher etc. Depending on where you are doing your course, you might be able to buy on the day once you see what is in your kit.

I don´t know how the CND courses are there in England, but here all the enhancement courses (be it basics, cut the cord, come on over etc.) include the starter packages. Usually it is included in the course fee, or the student is required to purchase one to be able to practice with the chosen products.
And I think usually where the courses are held, they usually have some sort of a suppliers stock where one can purchase everything that´s needed. :)

thank you,
where can i buy things from just to practice with for now tho? can you list all the stuff what ill need so i can just make sure i no what im ment to have lol :) so sorry im such a newbie :) its just sooo excited course dont start till anouther month ive brought a home learning video just so i no what im goner be doing and going over just what to aspect costing me 100s of pound and wanna make sure i do well or my partner will kill me :) lol

yes theres a course with creative in coventry so i guess im lucky i was goner go with the nsi but everyone as recomended the creative course, nearly made big mistake with a cheap quick course, there is so many courses , just hope i picked to right one ,

thank you,
where can i buy things from just to practice with for now tho? can you list all the stuff what ill need so i can just make sure i no what im ment to have lol :) so sorry im such a newbie :) its just sooo excited course dont start till anouther month ive brought a home learning video just so i no what im goner be doing and going over just what to aspect costing me 100s of pound and wanna make sure i do well or my partner will kill me :) lol
Tbh, I would steer clear of using the video - you don't want to have learned one procedure only to have to re-learn or totally forget it?

You will learn all you need to get started on the course itself - the educators are fantastic.

Good luck :)

THIS IS THE WEB SITE I FOUND ON THE COURSES WITH CREATIVE HAVE I GONE TO THE RIGHT WEB SITE sorry about cabs :) lol i spoke to Jenny Richardson which she was such a lovely woman but told me that the courses are held in birmingham yet sweet square said my course is in cov so bit confused on weather i picked right course
Course Information
are they a list of different course location or they all with creative !

Hi,

Creative are running courses again at Ellisons in Coventry. If your unsure where your course is perhaps it will be a good idea to get confirmation.

Anyway... Ellisons has a brilliant shop that sells all CND products amongst others and sells all the tools etc...

I'm sure if you speak to Sweet Squared or Ellisons Training Academy they will tell you what you will be getting in your kit and if you need to buy anything else.

HTH xxx

I agree with what Linzi has said - dont confuse yourself with wasting your money on getting products which will work completely differently to your CND - anyway no reputable supplier will sell to you without training.

If you want to do something then I would advise getting Doug Schoon's Product Chemistry book and learn about the behind the scenes.

Patience is a virtue and it will be worth it in the end LOL. You will soak up far more information if you are a blank canvass rather than someone who will constantly be questioning - oh but the Home Learn video did it this way.

Hope that helps.

Don't worry bout getting things and practising before your course.

When I went on my course, I hadn't even worn a nail enhancement, let alone done one!!
We are the best ones to teach, I was told, because we haven't learnt 'bad habits'.
Be patient and it will soon be upon you where you will be in the thick of it all, knowing you are doing it right.
Best of luck and enjoy!! x

im just soooo excited its something ive wanted to do for along time :green: i guess if i stop buying things now ill have enough saved up for the proper stuff lol :)
thank you

It's been a while since I did my CND foundation course:lol: But I got everything I needed.
In your shoes I would find a local CND tech and have my nails done.
That way you will see for yourself exactly what they look like, how well they wear and you can ask all the questions that you can think of, we love to chat, well I do anyway:green:
Do ring sweet squared, Coventry and Birmingham are side by side so you do need to get that sorted. Also if there is anything not included in the kit it will give you a chance to look around for a bargain.
Oh, start asking friends and family now, for a model, if I were you I would ask 3 people, just to make sure you don't get let down.
Good luck hun:hug:

I know how you feel. Buying all the different bits is great fun. I did my own nails before I trained so I had quite a bit of stuff. Do you have a nail trainer because you can play to your hearts content with that.

I find this post a tad confusing as if you had already booked your course, you would have had a confirmation letter and in that letter and the folio is all the information about what you will recieve on your course etc. It is all very clear, and precise. I guess you may not have booked your course yet.

Best not to buy anything or waste your money before doing the course as it really will be a waste of time and energy and it will not get you 'ready' for the class.

no i was going to book the course for 20th as thats the next date as i spoke to sweet sqaure but i been phoneing and havent yet spoken to them but i been reading up ect.. if i booked it your right i proberley would have had a letter ect.. :) but im so excited as im going the learn to do nails sooner or later i no things take time i guess i didnt want to be a complete newbie before i turned up so brought loads of stuff which is silly :)
i have a nail trainer also :) lol
but i guess you all no how exciting it is when you first want to become one :)
i have had my nails done once before with acylics by someone who came to my house and they came off the next day :(
i do nails my self just with normal fake ones than paint them

but i do like the look of nail art people do some is amazing :) so might have someone put some nail art on my nails theres loads of different kinds of nails to have :)

thank you for all your coments

I wouldnt suggest that you use any system until trained. It has more behind it than just doing nails. i.e over exposure. Messing with products that you dont know about fully can lead to distasters.

Its better to wait than rush in hun :hug:

Honestly I feel your excitement....but I think the best thing you can do is............................STOP right there! lTake a deep breath! lol

Book your course....forget about watching videos and practising with this that and the other...............buy yourself Doug Schoons book as already suggested and read it like youve never read a book before :lol: this book will give you so much information and understanding...its essential knowledge that you must learn and it is so interesting....and you will be a lot better prepared for your course for sure x

Honestly I feel your excitement....but I think the best thing you can do is............................STOP right there! lTake a deep breath! lol

Book your course....forget about watching videos and practising with this that and the other...............buy yourself Doug Schoons book as already suggested and read it like youve never read a book before :lol: this book will give you so much information and understanding...its essential knowledge that you must learn and it is so interesting....and you will be a lot better prepared for your course for sure x

Totally agree, the Doug Schoon book is fantastic. If you're really lucky you might be able to find books in your local library, i did! And they are so good i bought my own copies! I did my course in the evenings at college and knew more than the tutor, guess she hadn't read his book lol! But im sure CND tutors will be top notch on all the product theory. xx

Last edited:
Hi, I agree with all the others, go and book your course and just sit and wait!!! I know its hard, I booked my course at college in the July, and didnt start til the September...it was a long old wait but damn worth it! :) Like said already, dont bother buying other stuff to practise with because you will just confuse yourself! You dont have to know anything about them, thats why its a started course for beginners. On the CND website and Sweet Squared, they have step by steps and videos, if you really want to, why not just have a look at these? Its gonna be the same way you are taught, so at least youll have some kind of idea. Also, why not take a look at Gigi's Tutorials on here, again, she uses CND so its the same way. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back