New Performance tips from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh to think of all those tips I have spent tayloring, etc, etc, etc. Seems like those days are over - YIPPEE!:)

Oh to think of all those tips I have spent tayloring, etc, etc, etc. Seems like those days are over - YIPPEE!:)

I'm with you there chris he he ..:lick: :lol: :lick:

So how does this counter the argument for a tip with a well, butting up to the natural nail so there is no step? Now we have a step as the tip is well less....there was some debate about this some time ago? Just wondered if the votes against the well less tip have now changed?

I don't know if it answers the question, but they can be adhered either on top of the natural nail (like tips with well) or they can be adhered to the edge, so they are "hanging" from where the natural free edge stops. That means no "steps" since the tip is placed like a well.... Does this make sense?

I'v seen them used that way for competitions... quite clever

or they can be adhered to the edge, so they are "hanging" from where the natural free edge stops.

Okay...HOW exactly is that accomplished? :) Sounds like a good trick. I had a chance to use a couple on a client today, but I think I put them too high up her nail--I had to blend a little so they'd look all right.

And is it okay to use these on nails that are not such deep C curves? They're so flexible that it seems like that wouldn't be as much of an issue as with the other tips.

These are not here in the UK as yet!!.

Mrs Geek no doubt will announce when they actually will be launched here....as she is the one with her finger on the pulse!!!

but it may be around June/July.....hopefully!!!!

Well (lol) I was thinking more about the step on the underside of the nail.....which isn't protecting the natural nail and allowing water to break down the adhesive....just thinking about what was discussed before...

Pro Impressions well less tips are really thin, unlike the Raptors which definately need to be well thinneddown before using...what is the difference between these and the new CND tips really?
Cathie, as you know I have been using Pro impressions well less tips for over a year now and I find I can use them on most clients like a velocity tip, the only ones I cannot use them for are very flat or square/curved nails.

I have never had a problem with service breakdown and I like the fact that you can place them where you like. I look forward to seeing what the new creative ones are like.

Cathie, as you know I have been using Pro impressions well less tips for over a year now and I find I can use them on most clients like a velocity tip, the only ones I cannot use them for are very flat or square/curved nails.

I have never had a problem with service breakdown and I like the fact that you can place them where you like. I look forward to seeing what the new creative ones are like.

i use those too jac, they are ace and super value too.

Okay...HOW exactly is that accomplished? :) Sounds like a good trick. I had a chance to use a couple on a client today, but I think I put them too high up her nail--I had to blend a little so they'd look all right.quote]

The way I saw it done was with cnd's gel bond.
You put a very thin line of it on the very edge of the free edge and on the edge of the tip and then you bud them up against each other and hold them til they stick. Then the line was wiped for gelbond and voilá.

It sounds easy and it didn't look difficult, but I haven´t tried it myself, I've just seen it done. I would guess you tailor the free adge of the natual nail and the tip so they fit exactly!
I have also seen them used like the velocity and formation where they are positioned on top of the nail, the difference was that they only covered a little less than a millimeter of the natural nail... I think maybe how they are thought to be used.

I can't wait to try them :green:

I cant wait either as I hate blending tips!

Maybe i am just thinking out loud here,but these tips could help to dispel the myth that enhancements ruin the nails,i mean we all know how that is done,with these tips it can only be caused the client abuse ?!?!?!?

For those of you who are unable to wait, try these, they are reasonably priced, pro impressions, advanced well less tips:)

PRO IMPRESSIONS

For those of you who are unable to wait, try these, they are reasonably priced, pro impressions, advanced well less tips:)

PRO IMPRESSIONS

Thanks for the link Jac. Are these pro impressions tips white or natural coloured?

So - can you get away with no smile line showing with the natural ones or can you still the smile line.
Do you mean of you only use say clear or pink as an overlay and not pink and white? You would still see the smile line of the tip unless you fully blended it.

Do you mean of you only use say clear or pink as an overlay and not pink and white? You would still see the smile line of the tip unless you fully blended it.

Yes Cathy - I very occasionally use (as I am not yet Creative L&P trained) the Backscratchers Extreme dip system which is either a clear or pink powder and resin makeup over a tip. I hate blending them in so wondered if these would suit this purpose without having to blend natural tips in.

i'm thinking outloud also, a few weeks ago, this (no buffing) would have been considered "cheating", now that CND bring them out everything is AOK !!!!! did I also see some negative responses from creative techs about well-less tips also?
It's fab we can all adjust ..... but we don't all need the go ahead from the almighty.
These "NEW" tips are like the asian tips that have been available for aaaaaaages.

Latest posts

Back