New Video !!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I really like about a lot of your videos, is that you do not "conform to the norm" all the time!

I am a real wuss and have always carried anything I do out by the book in fear of getting it wrong! However, when I see videos like yours Nailzoo, I realise that as long as you have the clients best interests at heart, you do not put them under any risk of over exposure or cutting with the file - etc etc, then does it really matter whether you do a reverse application - or create your own perfect brush?

Also, I noticed that the primer brush had been cut to your liking as well - good idea - no flooding of the nail bed!

It's a fab video and thank you for sharing - now must get the rebel back into me :lol: don't want to be called Norm - or Norma :lol: thank you very much :lol:

BTW - I want to be greedy and have both - your interesting threads :wink2: and nail videos - when you are ready - no rush :lol:

Well thats it - I'm going to give L&P another go. :)

May be a bit of a delay whilst I fight the divorce which is ensuing from the music shaking the windows out of their frames:eek:

Look out Carl I might just hop on a flight:green:

HI thanks Carl, the music was fab and I loved the way the product seemed to just melt on the nail like silken toffee ,

Id like to try and use a big fat brush too now , did you custom trim and shape it too ?

I liked the well less nails too , and that foamy cuticle remover , plus your application was pretty fast and awesome
Thank you for taking the time out to make the video, excellent :hug: x

Thank you for sharing your new vid with us. I understand that you are using Hawley products. As I am not 100% up with all products on the market could you please advise if the hydrofresh is similar to scrubfresh (CND). Also you have mentioned that no buffing was carried out, but did the shine from the nail tip get buffed in any way. (questioning on how the acrylic woud stick to a shiny surface.) Sorry to sound dense, but was interested in your method. The way you have showed us cuts a lot of time out in buff preping and tip blending etc.... Also the slk sander buff is that similar to a koala buff? If not what grit grade is it.... (as u can c I am a creative girl).
Sorry for so many questions but I might as well learn from experienced tech's

:) I just loveeeeeeeeeeded Really cool very easy .
Good job.

Do you any other video :lol:????????

Great video! I might hafta get some Illume and try it :D. The model you demonstrated on, how long did that set of nails last before any lifting started?

Also, I noticed that the primer brush had been cut to your liking as well - good idea - no flooding of the nail bed!

You have sharp eyes :) yep,i just clip it with nippers half way down, so there are fewer bristles

Great video! I might hafta get some Illume and try it . The model you demonstrated on, how long did that set of nails last before any lifting started?

I only did the nails today, they won't lift !!!!!

Thank you for sharing your new vid with us. I understand that you are using Hawley products. As I am not 100% up with all products on the market could you please advise if the hydrofresh is similar to scrubfresh (CND). Also you have mentioned that no buffing was carried out, but did the shine from the nail tip get buffed in any way. (questioning on how the acrylic woud stick to a shiny surface.) Sorry to sound dense, but was interested in your method. The way you have showed us cuts a lot of time out in buff preping and tip blending etc.... Also the slk sander buff is that similar to a koala buff? If not what grit grade is it.... (as u can c I am a creative girl).

Sorry for so many questions but I might as well learn from experienced tech's

Hydrofresh is nothing like Scrubfresh (it doesn't contain acetone) , it does serve the same purpose though, it defats, dehydrates,sanitises and leaves behind pathogen fighters.

The natural nail, nor the tip were buffed (thats the way the product line was designed) Acrylic sticks quite well to an unbuffed tip (try it on a practise tip, then try and get it off). Illume sticks to an unbuffed nail due to the prep and the product itself.

Silky sand is 280/120, same as the Plank, Sunshine BUffer is 400/1200, the files can be used dry, or they love being used with oil.

if you get fed up with nails(which i doubt)you should be a d.j...... the music was brilliant and you mixed it yourself...well done a true genius.....well done xxx

aaaw shucks, I do mix for clubs and have a music website also (on the front page is a sample mix you can download which goes for 90 mins):) enjoy

thank you i shall get hubby to download it for me xxx

Oddly enough the video has been updated .... a very observant geek mentioned that in my previous videos i was right handed, but in this one, I was left handed.

Well, I am in fact right handed, I actually filmed this video upside down (accidentally), then I flipped it when editing (this also mirrored it) to make me look left handed.

All has been fixed and I'm now feeling in balance. Thanks again.... it just goes to show people do actually watch a little more intently than others.

I was too polite to point it out - again:green:

I was too polite to point it out - again:green:

More like too DRUNK to notice! :green::lol::green::lol::green: But then again - I didnt notice either - so what does that tell you! :green:

More like too DRUNK to notice! :green::lol::green::lol::green: But then again - I didnt notice either - so what does that tell you! :green:
Cheeky devil, I miss nothing I tell you:green:

Cheeky devil, I miss nothing I tell you:green:

Hey - just had a thought! Perhaps we didnt notice because we are the left handed twins! :lol: Thats my excuse anyway :lol:

Thank you for this info & video. I'm a gel user but have enjoyed several of your L & P video's in the past, very informative.
I'm quite keen to try this Illume method.
Unfortunately i cant join via the website as you have to put a 'state' from the drop list provided before full access & i'm in the U.K. I have however e-mailed them so will hopefully manage to arrange something.

P.S
I love your take no **** & suck up to no-one attitude, good for you !!! :green:

I have switched over to Illume recently and love it to bits. The exfoliator is fun to use, hydrofresh is is amazing..gives a beautiful chalky finish.
Neobond is the best adhesive I have used to date.
The liquid and powder is so ratio easy and just plays like a dream.
The cuticle oil is a delicious vanilla fragrance and love the cool bottle although its thin in comparison to solar oil.
All clients are returning with not a trace of lift..which i am putting down to the prep products (especially the hydrofresh) and the product and I getting on famously eg. complete control of my ratio and a product that does what its told to by my brush.:)

sounds great, do you know if it will ever get round to the u.k ?

Does Hawley have a website now?

Does Hydrofresh contain anything that would cause it to be classed as haz mat? You have said it does not contain acetone but just wondering about other stuff. Been Googling coz I want it, want it, want it!!! (3 in 1 exfoliator too!) - before I start contacting Au suppliers about shipping to the UK just wondered if you knew & could give me the heads up!

Latest posts

Back