Oh dear, what do you think of this salon's name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not offended and I'm sure we've all used the word, it's no worse than fcuk, I think it's very cleaver and as previously said the amount of free advertising they have got isn't going to do them any harm.

Personally I wouldn't use this type of salon, it's not smacking of upmarket or even somewhere to go for a pamper, more of a go in, get your extensions, get out!! But hey nothing wrong with that ;)

They have over 4000 likes on their Facebook page - the controversy is clearly working for them! The name doesn't offend me I would still visit!

Well they're really going for a market, aren't they.

It's obviously not for everyone but I should imagine it suits their target market perfectly; the younger girls who revel in calling themselves 'one of my b*tches', there's no offence whatsoever to them it's just another term for the girls, and I think they'd go there more than Beauty By... round the corner which is probably a bit too grown up. It'll be funny to them and it does remind me of soap & glory.

In my head, it's loud decor to match the branding out front and pop/dancey music and not somewhere you'd go to get away from it all, for a nice pamper.

I do think they might be limiting themselves a bit too much - they've alienated pretty much everyone who has plenty of disposable income to spend - and they may find themselves working harder for the same rewards but if it works for them, then who are we to judge!

I must be tasteless cause I love it!!

I RUNG IT! & yeah they say "hello pretty bitch!"

Did you reply "Alright- you ugly cow?"

Haha No I put the phone down! :)

Haha No I put the phone down! :)

Lol was gonna say I called them too. Ur so naughty hanging up though. I asked what time they were open ad if they had price lists available for me to pick one up.
Haven't been called a pretty bitch for ages so I took the compliment xoxo

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahaha this thread has cracked me up:lol::lol::hug:

Not the kind of name I'd want but like others say each to there own x d

ewww, I think it sounds tacky. I would immediately associate that name with the sort of place where you would get inch thich acrylics with a smile line that starts at the cuticle, and spray tans that only come in orange, and brighter orange.

If it works for them then good luck to them, perhaps they only want to target the trashy market, personally I wouldnt go even if they got rave reviews.

I like it, it's quirky and people will always remember it! It wouldn't stop me going. :)

I like it too, as said before it's no worse than FCUK, some graphic t-shirts in a lot of high street stores or soap & glory. Its current and eye catching! In my opinion I think children hear a lot worse in the school playground regardless of area. My children wouldn't notice it really or would notice the image of the man and woman more! Xxx

Lol was gonna say I called them too. Ur so naughty hanging up though. I asked what time they were open ad if they had price lists available for me to pick one up.
Haven't been called a pretty bitch for ages so I took the compliment xoxo

Love it! Lol.

I also quite like the look of the whole salon! And I'm also not offended by the name. If it was called Buck Tooth Bills Beautiful B*stards I probably wouldn't go there, or if it was called Pretty B*tch and it was in a grubby back alley with a load of 'Ladies of the night' hanging around then I probably wouldn't go either. But as it is it's very Glamourous inside and looks good on the outside, I don't think the name would put me off. However, if my Mum saw it she would be less than impressed!! ;)

It would be one thing for a doggy parlour! Quite appropriate in fact and wouldn't need censoring. But I don't like it degrading our industry personally.

I think it's edgy and if it works with the companies image then I don't see the problem.

Let people feel offended.

It's in Central Portsmouth which is a lot of young orange girls who love this sort of thing. (feel I can say that as I live there and i am one minus the orange lol!) It fits in perfect x

It made me laugh, yes the owner has some balls to come up with it! I actually don't like the picture but the name doesn't bother me.
At the end of the day we all want advertising they've just got a load of free advertising for free.

Latest posts

Back