OMG!!!FREE NVQ Assessment !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called them and they said that they will be doing the courses for free (government funded) for anyone who has previously had nail technician training (i.e. self study or own college qual or in a salon), but not had an NVQ in Nail Tech before.

They also are going to be giving free training to people who have no training or quals whatsoever. They will in turn receive an NVQ in Nail Extensions, manicure and pedicure.

And the best bit is that there is no age restriction - these government funded courses used to be for under 24's only - but not anymore for this area of learning!!!!

She said that the trainers will be travelling all over the country, but that their other plan is to do the course over a web cam if some students are too far away.

She said she will let me have more info by the end of the week.

Excellent News!!!!!! :mad:)

A web cam??:eek: Surely you cant qualify for a course via a web cam,..can you?

ahh wow......just spoke to them and gave my details an they are gonna ring/ email me too when they can get an assessor in my area.....fantastic...when i first looked into doing nails i couldnt get a course anywhere as i was too old...i am only 28. i really wanted to do my nvq but didnt think it was going to be possible...certainly not free of charge anyway!!!!
I am so pleased........ i have to say i thought it was too good to be true but she explained how it worked over the phone and the reason that it was able to be done so quickly.

does anyone know what levels NVQ go up to? As I have my BTec which is equiv to level 3, but I'd love to take it up a notch for free!

I have trained with Creative and EzFlow and always wanted to do my NVQ but not had the time to go to college for a year or never had the funding to do it. I have a salon and always felt that my staff are more qualified than me, so ive finally done it, the Training was FREE i paid for nothing and the assessor came to my salon or i could go to them it took me 2 weeks to complete it, i told my assessor when i have a set of nails in the salon and they came out and assess me it was as easy as that if any of you ladies want the number it is 01709869445:)

Thanx for the tip hun, xxx.

there is quite a lot o an nvq, to complete the criteria of the assesment and the standards set. Many people have evidence all ready. photos and detail evidence documents of work , i.e criteria of a course and the outcome and at what standard you achieved.

One of my students has enquired and tells me you can also do beauty as well. As this is a good offer i guess when the funding has run out that may be it for a while.

This all seems too good to be true but i will give them a ring, I did my training at college initially gaining a vctc diploma in advanced nail techniques would an nvq overide this? I`m pretty confused about nvq`s :confused:

I rang to ask about this just now and the very helpful lady told me that the only NVQ they're offering is Level 2 in Nail Services.
They're sending me some information which I will gladly share when it arrives!
Thank you so much for posting details of this!

hi
just stumbled on this thread, been looking to do a nvq, but they don't do one in this area, i think i would have to travel to colchester, as that's the nearest college that does it, I have my own hairdressing salon and have done my training with magnetic nail company, i wonder if i will qualify for this, fantastic if i can. thanks for the info:) thg

Has anyone recieved the info yet re the NVQ? I phoned on Friday, spoke to a lovely lady who said she'd get some stuff sent out to me and that someone would ring me this week. I haven't received anything yet or had a phone call and I'm really impatient, I'm desperate to find out more!

Has anyone recieved the info yet re the NVQ? I phoned on Friday, spoke to a lovely lady who said she'd get some stuff sent out to me and that someone would ring me this week. I haven't received anything yet or had a phone call and I'm really impatient, I'm desperate to find out more!

Hi, I enquired about this too, and the lady called me last monday 10th...said she would post out info and someone would call me back.....I have had neither!!...:irked:...maybe they are 2 busy at the moment?..

Just rang to chase but it went onto answerphone. I couldn't catch the company name properly - can anyone tell me what it is so I can try looking them up on the internet? Thanks.

they do seem very busy in their offices they must have had loads of phone calls about this, not giving excuses for them but think maybe that we should give them chance to send out info. after all its easter weekend everywhere will be shut til monday now anyway. relax geeks and have a glass of wine xxx

The company is called TCentrix - not sure if they have a Website.

This all seems too good to be true but i will give them a ring, I did my training at college initially gaining a vctc diploma in advanced nail techniques would an nvq overide this? I`m pretty confused about nvq`s :confused:

I believe that VTCT is the examination board....

and NVQ is the actual qualification..

So you can say ' I have VTCT NVQ unit xx in nails/beauty/make up' etc etc..

Please correct me if i'm wrong anyone..

Has anyone received their info through the post, or started their training yet? I still haven't got my info pack. Tried calling again today but no answer, and I don't think they have a website....

Maybe it's worth checking with VTCT if they are OK. Seems a bit odd that a training centre providing so many NVQ's with Assessors all over the country have no one in the office.

Just being cautious. They are probably great but I've seen so many promises come and go like this over the years

Hi all, I have just read this thread and i am currently working towards my nvq nail services 2 qualification at college and i have been full time since last september, i have worked really hard with lots of assesments and lots of assignments and think that being assesed and qualified in 2 weeks with a private assessor that comes to you and watches you, i dont think that is right or fair to be honest, i think i would be looking into the company and checking its all legit before giving any private details of mine,

anyway good luck with the training and i hope everything is above board for you all, i will stick with college and get through it the hard way, as i have been told before, hard work is the best way, it pays off in the end....:hug: to all.

Has anyone received their info through the post, or started their training yet? I still haven't got my info pack. Tried calling again today but no answer, and I don't think they have a website....
when i enquired about gettin something sent through in the post they told me it was in the process of being produced....and it would take a few weeks.
I was then told that they would ring me next when they have a date than an accessor will be coming to the area to see if it would be convienient for me.
Not heard nothing as yet....but so far they have not broken any promises
By the way i was not told that it would be done in two weeks....i was told that it depends on the individual and how much preveous training they have had.

Last edited:
Like sian- i was not told 2 weeks, I was told it was a course - the same as doing a college course- so no "short cuts" or the "easy" way..... thanks for the link sian.

i am a bit gutted really , i wouldnt qualify for it as i have an nvq already :confused: gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back