Omg Huge Litter Of Pups

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashell

Reaction score
:)well i would just like to share my news with you all, and hopefully i will manage to post a pic, so here goes,,,,,,,,,on monday morning my georgous dog daisy gave birth to a huge litter of 18 pups:eek:
we were all prepared for it but when they just kept popping out it was like omg :suprised:,, this is huge VERY rare.
2 of them sadley were still born and a couple are very small but fighters.
daisy is feeding them her self but we are with her 24/7 , we need to make sure that they are all having equal feeds and dont get squished:eek:,
so between 3 kids house work and 16 pups there no sleep been had here, :), but i can bet thats nothing to how daisy must be feeling:zzz: allthough she is been looked after very well:),
we are trying so hard to help these pups survive, so we really are giving are all:hug:, and must say this is very demanding and hard work there is so much to do ,but worth every secondx
well must go its my shift again now for the next few hours feeing pups,

:eek::eek::eek:......OMG 16 pups....i want pics please !!!.......wait till they start moving then peeing and pooing all over the house.....its the easy part now....!!.......i still want to see pics xxxxxxxxxxx...p.s.congrats to your dog xx

good lord, that mind boggling:eek:

ive never heard of such a lot.

what type of dogs are they, and did you have her 'mated' intentionally ?

good lord, that mind boggling:eek:

ive never heard of such a lot.

what type of dogs are they, and did you have her 'mated' intentionally ?

daisy is an english mastiff, and yes we had her mated intentionally, but let me say she is first and formost our pet and we love her very much, :hug:this was her first litter and she is 3years old,.
we love dogs and my partner is very much wanting to get more involved in the dog showing world:), this is why we had her mated to have our very own line and hopefully show them, we mated her with a fantastic champ dog which is well known, and comes from a reputable breader with over 20 yrs experience, both daisy and the sire have had all the necesary checks done ie,,hips/elbow scoring/dna/etc and we are members of the kennel club,
we did not race into this and we did lots of research before buying daisy at 12 weeks and who would best complement her to mating with.:)

i carnt get pics on:cry:xx

daisy is an english mastiff, and yes we had her mated intentionally, but let me say she is first and formost our pet and we love her very much, :hug:this was her first litter and she is 3years old,.
we love dogs and my partner is very much wanting to get more involved in the dog showing world:), this is why we had her mated to have our very own line and hopefully show them, we mated her with a fantastic champ dog which is well known, and comes from a reputable breader with over 20 yrs experience, both daisy and the sire have had all the necesary checks done ie,,hips/elbow scoring/dna/etc and we are members of the kennel club,
we did not race into this and we did lots of research before buying daisy at 12 weeks and who would best complement her to mating with.:)

i carnt get pics on:cry:xx

wow, thats amazing. is it unusual for the english mastif breed to have such a large litter?
how many of the lit'luns will you be keeping ?

wow, thats amazing. is it unusual for the english mastif breed to have such a large litter?
how many of the lit'luns will you be keeping ?

well the average amount is around 8ish, and we would have defo been keeping a couple, but 16 pups is gonna be a huge amount to rehome so what we carnt rehome we will be keeping :eek::lol:,
might need to move house:lol::lol:,
we will be very strict to where the pups go and there will be a written agreement to the new owners that they will have to singn before leaving with a pup, ie,,,conditions,, and if they no longer want a pup/dog for what ever reason at any time, we will allways take it back to prevent it going to a bad home:hug:

wow!!

I want one please! *hands up*

congratulations crashell xxx

well the average amount is around 8ish, and we would have defo been keeping a couple, but 16 pups is gonna be a huge amount to rehome so what we carnt rehome we will be keeping :eek::lol:,
might need to move house:lol::lol:,
we will be very strict to where the pups go and there will be a written agreement to the new owners that they will have to singn before leaving with a pup, ie,,,conditions,, and if they no longer want a pup/dog for what ever reason at any time, we will allways take it back to prevent it going to a bad home:hug:

lovely to hear such a responsible attitude.
a lot of owners cant even be bothered to pick up the poop !
you are gonna have to take a wheel barrow and a shovel with you if you end up keeping a load of them :lol:

maybe you should contact your local paper as its such an unusually huge litter. it might get some interest from potential new owners for the babies.

Oh I love puppies. Congrats and hope you cope with the sleepless nights (and the mess). xxxx

Certainly puts one 7.2lb baby into perspective thats for sure.

It must have been like 101 dalmations.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow!! 16 pups is amazing.The poor mum, lucky she had you guys there to help out. It really is total commitment on your part to help out in the birthing process and especially so from here on in, I wish you lots of luck and success. Fair play to you guys too for making demands on any prospective puppy owners. I know when we went to buy Jake as a puppy, the breeders insisted on meeting us first, invited us into their kitchen and gave us the 3rd degree (lol) before even agreeing to discuss us owning one of their treasured puppies, and rightfully so. That impressed us so much.

Best of luck with the new puppies and looking after mum, dont forget to take the odd nap yourselves.

Wow thats amazing! I would have been crying my eyes out watching those come into the world!

Can't wait to see pictures if you can, xx

Wow thats amazing! I would have been crying my eyes out watching those come into the world!

Can't wait to see pictures if you can, xx
daisysscanpups034.jpg

daisysscanpups011.jpg

SAVEDPICTURES201.jpg

:lol::lol:omg sorry about the size of the pics, :lol::lol:
craig posted them for me and something happend:lol:

Daisy is beautiful, such a sweet face :D
congratulations! And best of luck finding the right homes for the puppies. I would have think there are a lot of serious mastiff fans prepared to give a loving home to them, people who care about dogs will come flocking to a responsible breeder like you. You must be so kn*ckered though! My mum's neighbour breeds his labs occasionally and it's such hard work - I salute ye!

Wow congratulations, she is gorgeous as are the puppies! I wish I could afford one, have always loved big dogs but the pedigree price tag will always defeat me :lol:

Hope you post follow ups, awwwwww............bless...........she did well xx

awww bless! i love puppies! mum is gorgeous too, i love big dogs.

i went to see a friends litter of 9 black lab puppies last yr - they were adorable! but ive never seen so much weeing a pooing in such a short space of time!!!

I want one.....they are gorgeous...i want to hug them and kiss them....xxxxxx

OMG they are beautifull!!!

You will be busy over the next few weeks :lol:

Have you got homes for them all?

Poor mum must be shattered!

OH!! MY!! GOD!! 16 puppies!
I had 5 border collies in December and I was pulling my hair out by week 5 lol. mind you collies plot against you, mine where climbing the stairs by 5 weeks old.
Despite that its a lovely time, for the first few days I nearly started crying every time I looked at them. The pictures are lovely
good luck! haha

Latest posts

Back